Breaking!!! Obama Passport Data Breach

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 03:27 pm
I'm sure it's all a conspiracy against Jesusbama
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 05:50 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I know. But that is just something minor ...

What is there to know? The company is portrayed as being one of the group where this administration made sure that political friends were rewarded with contracts, where contracts were not let on merit. I am not saying that laws were broken, just that friends were given inside information and thus got the inside track. If true, that would be significant I think.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 08:12 am
bookmark
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 09:08 am
I guess this has already been posted? (I got it as a newsflash a while ago)

Sorry if it's already been discussed to death here:

Passport Files of 3 Candidates Were Pried Into

By HELENE COOPER
Published: March 22, 2008

WASHINGTON — The State Department, in an embarrassing revelation, said Friday that it was investigating several episodes in which an employee and several contract workers peered into the passport files of all three presidential contenders.

While officials said they thought the actions were garden-variety snooping by idle employees and not politically motivated, the episodes and the failure to notify the victims in a timely manner led Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to spend Friday morning calling the three presidential contenders, reaching Senator Barack Obama in Oregon, Senator John McCain in Paris and Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton in New York.......

Full NYT Story

Why do people want passport info????
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 09:17 am
Most certainly, if this is politically motivated, it was a fishing expedition trying to find some dirt based on when and where Obama traveled. Obama has had a passport since he was a child.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 09:21 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Most certainly, if this is politically motivated, it was a fishing expedition trying to find some dirt based on when and where Obama traveled. Obama has had a passport since he was a child.

Obama, Clinton, AND McCain had their files breached.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 10:02 am
Actually, you can't define the Hilllary event as a breach. And the contractor who breached Obama the third time also looked into McCain's file. The individual who snooped into Obama's file a couple days after Obama won Iowa and then again the day of the Ohio deabte did not snoop other candidates files. The fact that McCain's file was looked into means nothing at this point. To anyone who has kept up on the facts of this potential scandal, that is.

I haven't heard anymore about the Clinton ambassador who, as I understand it, over saw the first two Obama breaches. She resigned and the suspicion is she may have covered up the events.

Of course, there are more question than answers. Waxman will get to the bottom of it. All in due time.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 08:27 pm
Im sure that Rox hopes someone can supply a connection to Clinton in order to take some of the pressure off of Obama. So much for the high ethics of the Obama campaign machine and his adherents.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 07:49 am
rabel22 wrote:
Im sure that Rox hopes someone can supply a connection to Clinton in order to take some of the pressure off of Obama. So much for the high ethics of the Obama campaign machine and his adherents.

Please don't consider roxxanne a typical Obama suppoter. Only a small percentage are as crazy.
0 Replies