Obama Doesn't Want Me To Vote?

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 03:16 pm
What's up with him sabotaging Michigan's re-vote effort and then trying to claim half the delegates?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,457 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Miller

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 03:17 pm
Just goes to show, you can't trust him.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 04:07 pm
Miller wrote:
Just goes to show, you can't trust him.

I'm not sure if trust is the problem, but if Obama wants half of Michigan's delegates, he needs to come here and earn them, not sabotage our election and then expect to walk off with half our delegates for free.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 04:11 pm
So you are a registered Democrat oralloy?

Or are you claiming this just because you want to try to undermine a Democratic candidate?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 04:31 pm
parados wrote:

I think so. I registered as a Democrat when I first registered to vote. I don't know if I have to re-register to stay in the party, but have never been asked to re-register. I've never switched parties or told them to take my name off their list (if there is a list).
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:00 pm
How about a superdelegate primary?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/20/tennessee-governor-proposes-superdelegate-primary/

Obama seems to be for it, Hillary not so much.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:16 pm
Your argument is with the smug knuckleheads who opted to blow off Dem rules and hold their primary early. This was the result of that choice and they knew that but chose to do it anyway. A bunch of whiny crybabies wanting a do-over, like five year olds. I am so happy that the Party did not give into such tactics. Just another hanging chad.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:24 pm
eoe wrote:
Your argument is with the smug knuckleheads who opted to blow off Dem rules and hold their primary early. This was the result of that choice and they knew that but chose to do it anyway.

No, my argument is with Obama for killing the revote and then claiming he should get half our delegates.

eoe wrote:
A bunch of whiny crybabies wanting a do-over, like five year olds.

Holding a revote according to the rules is neither whining nor childish.

eoe wrote:
I am so happy that the Party did not give into such tactics. Just another hanging chad.

No, the party is perfectly fine with letting Michigan have a revote. It is Obama who is preventing us from voting.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:33 pm
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:
How about a superdelegate primary?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/20/tennessee-governor-proposes-superdelegate-primary/

Obama seems to be for it, Hillary not so much.

Fine with me, but it doesn't address Obama's attempt to steal our delegates.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:37 pm
How did Obama sabotage or kill the re-vote?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:57 pm
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:

I think so. I registered as a Democrat when I first registered to vote. I don't know if I have to re-register to stay in the party, but have never been asked to re-register. I've never switched parties or told them to take my name off their list (if there is a list).

Did you vote in the Republican primary in January?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:09 pm
Butrflynet wrote:

He had his supporters in the state legislature block passage of the revote until it was too late to pass it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:19 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:

Nope. They had a rule that said each party would get a list of everyone who voted in their respective primary. I got Republican junk mail for years after the Clinton impeachment fight, and wasn't eager to repeat the experience by getting my name on another Republican list, so I voted in the Democratic primary.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:25 pm
oralloy wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

He had his supporters in the state legislature block passage of the revote until it was too late to pass it.

In that case, there must be a huge amount of the legislature that are his supporters, as the reports have shown that there were 'nowhere near' the votes necessary to approve a re-vote.

It's also unfair then to say that the 'political party' in MI was for the revote then; obviously a very large part of them were not, in fact.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:28 pm
There are a lot of party elders who don't think that these two states should be rewarded by getting to go last in a close race after they blew off the party rules. These states need to pay a price for their lack of loyalty to the national party. I don't know how much this had to do with scuttling the effort at a do-over, but Obama is on firm ground not being in favor of it. Obama looks like the grown-up in this matter, where Clinton all along (since her Florida "victory speech" ) has looked like a manipulator.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:34 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

In that case, there must be a huge amount of the legislature that are his supporters, as the reports have shown that there were 'nowhere near' the votes necessary to approve a re-vote.

It's also unfair then to say that the 'political party' in MI was for the revote then; obviously a very large part of them were not, in fact.

Cycloptichorn

That's not how it's been portrayed by the reporters here in Michigan -- at least the ones I've heard (meaning National Public Radio).
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:34 pm
oralloy wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:

Nope.

Well then, there's no problem: both Clinton and Obama want you to re-vote.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:36 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
oralloy wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:

Nope.

Well then, there's no problem: both Clinton and Obama want you to re-vote.

If Obama wants me to revote, why did he have his supporters in the state legislature kill the revote?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:38 pm
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

Cycloptichorn

That's not how it's been portrayed by the reporters here in Michigan -- at least the ones I've heard (meaning National Public Radio).

Oh, that's nice. But meaningless.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:40 pm
oralloy wrote:
If Obama wants me to revote, why did he have his supporters in the state legislature kill the revote?

Well, maybe Obama wants you to re-vote, but have you ever considered the possibility that nobody else does?
0 Replies