Obama Doesn't Want Me To Vote?

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:42 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
There are a lot of party elders who don't think that these two states should be rewarded by getting to go last in a close race after they blew off the party rules. These states need to pay a price for their lack of loyalty to the national party. I don't know how much this had to do with scuttling the effort at a do-over, but Obama is on firm ground not being in favor of it.

What firm ground is that? I know there is at least one voter in Michigan who isn't very impressed by his stance.

hawkeye10 wrote:
Obama looks like the grown-up in this matter, where Clinton all along (since her Florida "victory speech" ) has looked like a manipulator.

Killing the revote and then saying he should get half of Michigan's delegates makes Obama look like the manipulator.

I don't see how his behavior is either "grown" up or "childish".
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:47 pm
So all you sheeple think its alright for all the big shot politicians to tell us you vote when and how I tell you too. Isn't democracy great. Oh, I forgot. This is a republic. In a republic we get a voice every four years, if the big shot politicians say its OK.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:48 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
oralloy wrote:
If Obama wants me to revote, why did he have his supporters in the state legislature kill the revote?

Well, maybe Obama wants you to re-vote, but have you ever considered the possibility that nobody else does?

Given the number of Obama supporters who worked to kill the revote, I can't imagine that it wasn't coordinated with Obama.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:55 pm
Interesting thought. I went to WDET to get the NPR spin. There talk show was in line with your thinking in that Obama was being obstructionist. More interesting was their take on Clinton's trip to Michigan. They said she spent all of her time talking about how Michigan should re-vote and no time talking about any of the issues the people were interested in. She did eventually mention the auto industry, but I think they were frustrated that they finally got a candidate to visit, then she won't talk about any of the local issues.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:55 pm
oralloy wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
How did Obama sabotage or kill the re-vote?

He had his supporters in the state legislature block passage of the revote until it was too late to pass it.

Where was all your anger when your state legislature was voting to change the date of your primary voting?

Where was all your anger when your state's Democratic party was informed of the consequences of such a date change and chose to ignore them?

Where was all your anger when the Democratic candidates all signed the agreement to comply with the DNC's decision and not campaign there?

Isn't it a little too late to be getting angry?
0 Replies