Creepy? honorable?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 10:13 am
oralloy wrote:
Looks like Florida doesn't like being disenfranchised either:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/services/newspaper/printedition/local/sfl-flbdelegates0602pnjun03,0,6437522.story

I don't know about this "stay home" stuff though. Go vote straight ticket Republican -- see if the fascists at the DNC get the message not to disenfranchise their own voters.

As I said earlier - you're no dem.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Arendt

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 12:11 pm
"Yes, but leaving aside "the rules" for a second, the article that kicked off this thread was about a possible revote that would have complied with those rules."

You cannot "comply" with the rules dictating when each primary will be held ex post facto. That is an absurd statement.

Your rhetorical concern for the health of the democratic system is compromised by your refusal to understand that the democratic system itself requires a commitment to rules and regulations. Rules and regulations, I must add, which were well understood and reiterated by both candidates prior to their contestation.

The time for your outrage was when the Democratic party of Florida and Michigan decided to ignore that framework which circumscribes the election process of the Democratic party.

The compromise which ended up being adopted shows a commitment toward the democratic principle of voter enfranchisement, without rewarding those arbitrary processes which would jeopardize the viability and accessibility of future democratic (and Democratic) contests.

In over nine pages of posting you have contributed little to this conversation other than hackneyed talking points, misplaced anger, and base sophistry.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 05:19 pm
Arendt wrote:
Oralloy wrote:
Yes, but leaving aside "the rules" for a second, the article that kicked off this thread was about a possible revote that would have complied with those rules.

You cannot "comply" with the rules dictating when each primary will be held ex post facto. That is an absurd statement.

You can if the redo complies with all the rules.

Maybe you should go educate yourself about the rules before you post about them. (Well, too late for that, but you could try educating yourself before you post about them again.)

Arendt wrote:
Your rhetorical concern for the health of the democratic system is compromised by your refusal to understand that the democratic system itself requires a commitment to rules and regulations. Rules and regulations, I must add, which were well understood and reiterated by both candidates prior to their contestation.

Spare me the hypocrisy about rules and regulations. New Hampshire was given a pass to ignore all the rules.

Arendt wrote:
The time for your outrage was when the Democratic party of Florida and Michigan decided to ignore that framework which circumscribes the election process of the Democratic party.

No, there is no cause for outrage against Michigan. All my state did was challenge a corrupt system that let certain states ignore the rules that apply to all the other states.

Arendt wrote:
The compromise which ended up being adopted shows a commitment toward the democratic principle of voter enfranchisement, without rewarding those arbitrary processes which would jeopardize the viability and accessibility of future democratic (and Democratic) contests.

Nope. The "compromise" disenfranchised Michigan voters.

If you want to be an anti-democracy fascist, go for it. But don't bother trying to convince me that disenfranchising me didn't disenfranchise me. I won't fall for your BS.

Arendt wrote:
In over nine pages of posting you have contributed little to this conversation other than hackneyed talking points, misplaced anger, and base sophistry.

Your hatred of democracy is duly noted.

Time to vote a straight Republican ticket in November!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 05:23 pm
Who is it, that you think cares you are planning on voting a straight Republican ticket?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 06:30 pm
Checking in as the thread starter, and also a person who doesn't really mind tangents. I'm disinclined to investigate how this thread got here from there.

Something like a blank space to type on.

I await Pollock-like scribbles.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 06:39 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Who is it, that you think cares you are planning on voting a straight Republican ticket?

Cycloptichorn

Freedom haters appear to not like being reminded that freedom lovers are inclined to vote against freedom haters.

Just an observation.....
0 Replies

Arendt

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 06:50 pm
oralloy wrote:

You got a few months to wait buddy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 07:09 pm
Arendt wrote:
oralloy wrote:

You got a few months to wait buddy.

Yes. I can hardly wait. Very Happy I can already picture the little oval that you color in if you want to vote a straight ticket (Michigan moved to optical scan after the 2000 debacle in Florida).
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 12:06 pm
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Freedom haters appear to not like being reminded that freedom lovers are inclined to vote against freedom haters.

Just an observation.....
You are quite tiresome with this idiotic sentiment. As if most of us here don't already know well that your loyalties have NEVER been with the Democratic Party. Is this Limbaugh's new gimmick or something like that?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 12:59 pm
He's working on getting McCain points. Building up to a Mug or something.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 02:33 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Just an observation.....

You are quite tiresome with this idiotic sentiment.

Yep. Freedom haters definitely don't like being reminded that freedom lovers are inclined to vote against freedom haters.

OCCOM BILL wrote:
As if most of us here don't already know well that your loyalties have NEVER been with the Democratic Party.

It seems freedom haters also like to spread lies about freedom lovers.

http://www.dems4mccain.info/democrats-for-mccain-bumper-sticker
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 04:26 pm
At best, Oral is good for a laugh. I don't recall reading anyone who wings it as much as Oral. BTW, winging it is a form of lying.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 05:08 pm
Advocate wrote:
At best, Oral is good for a laugh. I don't recall reading anyone who wings it as much as Oral. BTW, winging it is a form of lying.

You shouldn't run around falsely accusing people of your own dishonesty.
0 Replies