is sex needed in life

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 11:04 am
do you think that you have to have sex to go on? or will your world stop?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,478 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 11:15 am
i can go on without sex.... milk, chocolate, good wine, good tequila, my family friends and acquaintances, comfortable surroundings...... but why would I want to?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 11:23 am
I dont think sex determines if you are PHYSICALLY healthy, but it does play a part in psychological health
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 11:44 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I dont think sex determines if you are PHYSICALLY healthy, but it does play a part in psychological health

nuh uh....you get all backed up, I seen it happen.

It ain't pretty.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 12:00 pm
hmmm

ok.......Chai?

You just gave me some really fked up visuals

Lets not go there
mmmmk?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 12:12 pm
Why talk about it?....Let's just DO IT!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 01:00 pm
I recommend that you read Is Sex Necessary: Or, Why You Feel the Way You Do, by James Thurber and E. B. White, Harper and Brothers, New York and London, 1929.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 01:11 pm
Yes, sex is important.

Duh.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 01:38 pm
The Church would not have directed its teachers (priests) to redirect their erotic energies away for women and towards God unless it was possible to be physically nonsexual. It takes a high level of spiritual awareness to do this well however.

So far as relationships go, it is not possible to replace sexual intimacy with other forms of intimacy. There are loads of people in sexless marriages who tell themselves that their marriage is as good or almost as good as a marriage that has sexual intimacy, but it is not true. It can be almost true in the case where the two are old, have shared a lot sexually, are both well rounded and happy people.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 01:42 pm
Classic ex cathedra bullshit . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 01:47 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
The Church would not have directed its teachers (priests) to redirect their erotic energies away for women and towards God unless it was possible to be physically nonsexual. It takes a high level of spiritual awareness to do this well however.

So far as relationships go, it is not possible to replace sexual intimacy with other forms of intimacy. There are loads of people in sexless marriages who tell themselves that their marriage is as good or almost as good as a marriage that has sexual intimacy, but it is not true. It can be almost true in the case where the two are old, have shared a lot sexually, are both well rounded and happy people.

Where to begin with this post?.......

Of course the church MIGHT tell priests and nuns not to have sex even if it would do them harm.

It is possible to be unaffiliated with the church and not have sex while maintaining one's health.

Has anyone read of any studies done showing the long-term affects of a celibate life on health? Have there been any data collected on incidence of health issues related to priests and nuns (monks, etc)? I remember asking someone about this once. I wonder about things like collapsed uterus disorders.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 02:04 pm
littlek wrote:

It is possible to be unaffiliated with the church and not have sex while maintaining one's health.

I agree, nothing I said contradicts this, however a person must be fairly spiritually advanced in order to do no sex well. A lot of people do it not so well.

If you believe however that the Church directed celibacy all of these years to the detriment of priests then you are very cynical indeed. How would the Church get away with that if it were true??? With-in a generation men of the church would have seen that the church teaching was wrong and would have corrected it. It held for so many centuries because those who came before them saw with their own experience that the teaching was correct.

The sex scandals with in the modern American Catholic Church is not due to the celibacy policy being wrong, it is due to a general weakness of the modern Church and well as a weakness in the men who are priests. The Priests having sex with the kids in the church, and the Church not fixing the problem, was due more to Vatican 2 then it was any other factor. Now the American Catholic Church is screwed, it is rapidly being drained of its financial resources and of its members.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 02:33 pm
Setanta wrote:
Classic ex cathedra bullshit . . .

That's why all those nuns and priests are all backed up.

I'm telling ya, head for the hills once that damn breaks.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 02:41 pm
Quote:
is sex needed in life

If you want it to last more than one generation, it is Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 02:54 pm
BillW wrote:
Quote:
is sex needed in life

If you want it to last more than one generation, it is Rolling Eyes

Science fixed that problem.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 03:02 pm
Just call me a rebel~no Soylent Green for me, thankee!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 04:54 am
What does "all backed up" mean? Confused

I gather it's very, very bad for you, whatever it is!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:25 am
Just me guess love, but, maybe ~ constipated?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:07 am
hawkeye10 wrote:

I find it amazing that you can make all these statements without proof and apparently with a straight face.

Where to begin, indeed!

"There are loads of people.... but it is not true." How would you know? How can you speak for their relationship? What is a load of people?

"It can be almost true ... " - what the heck is 'almost true"? "... well rounded and happy people." Really? Where is your evidence?

"It takes a high level of spiritual awareness to do this (be physically non-sexual) well however." Uh... wrong for some people. Some people are pretty much asexual - I know at least one person like this, so for him, it's no problem, and he does NOT have a "high level of spiritual awareness", so...

wow.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 12:53 pm
Mame wrote:
Uh... wrong for some people. Some people are pretty much asexual - I know at least one person like this, so for him, it's no problem, and he does NOT have a "high level of spiritual awareness", so...

wow.

There are more than a few people who go long periods of time not having sex with other people, but many of them are sexual with themselves (thoughts, masturbation). Rather less neither have sex or think about sex, and for them the question is where has their erotic energy gone. If it is not going towards sex, and not going towards God, then how is it manifesting itself? It is there, it is doing something, it always re-channels if it is not allowed to be expressed in the normal way. If it is being repressed it will eventually explode outward.

There is no proof for stuff like this, the proof is our individual life experiences. The erotic is a spiritual matter, only fools expect to find proof outside of themselves for determining what the soul wants and needs.
0 Replies