The Lefty Boom

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 11:32 am
Everyone here probably caught it - Just didn't comment.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 11:35 am
Lola:

Your point is well taken but I just haven't found an avatar that zings me-----you may have noticed but only recently have I found a signature that I liked. Very Happy

I do however really like the avatars belonging to you and Sophia Cool Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 11:38 am
Ah yes Edgar you are such a gentleman Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 11:52 am
Would be interesting to see if we could come up with a contemporary definition for "center."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 01:04 pm
thats where the yellow line is
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 01:17 pm
thanks for the compliment on my avatar, perc. I think my avatar could be seen as a contemporary definition of center Laughing .........sorry for the joking folks, let's get back to the content, just going for a little comic relief.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 01:17 pm
He's got a yeller line a-runnin' down his back.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 01:27 pm
Perception,

To qualify as a centrist in the increasingly polarized American political arena I'd say you'd have to adopt some policy from both sides of the fence.

I am curious as to what leftist inclination you have to counterbalance the right-wing ideology.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 01:37 pm
Thank you, Mr. Perception. I'm glad you are so civil compared to a ruffian such as myself.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 01:42 pm
This should be interesting. Craven - that is a truly thought-provoking slogan. How would he show himself? All together? The fortitude as evidenced by what? Rocks? Brass? And does that show omnipotence?

Truly something to ponder on this rainy day.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 01:43 pm
Lola's avatar is for those who may need some hosing down.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 01:49 pm
To me, Clinton was a rightist. He helped the Republican agenda at least as much as Reagan. The Republicans should have made him an honorary one of them, but they were too full of hatred to recognize a helping hand when they got it.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 02:06 pm
Edgar -- I'm not sure I'd say "rightist", but you have a real point there. The misperceptions about Clinton show two things 1) people don't really pay attention, and 2) the center has been dragged, kicking and screaming, into Hitler's outer chamber.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 02:08 pm
He stole their thunder and they made sure that the next bolt of lighting struck him. It ended up zapping Newt and company also. We are still paying for the contract ON
America and it's cleverly hidden in the huge deficit (at least for those who aren't clever enough to recognize it).
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 02:34 pm
Craven wrote:

To qualify as a centrist in the increasingly polarized American political arena I'd say you'd have to adopt some policy from both sides of the fence.

I am curious as to what leftist inclination you have to counterbalance the right-wing ideology.

I think I said once that I was center-right, never actually centrist.

While I'm thinking about this I'm curious why you think I should define my ideology into a nice neat little label-----As I remember you hate labels, slogans , traditions , customs, etc.

I would say I'm never further left than George Will and never further right than Charles Krauthammer if that helps you any. Both seem to satisfy my passion for common sense and pragmatism.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 02:36 pm
Will and Krauthammer ought to answer the question.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 02:45 pm
perception wrote:
While I'm thinking about this I'm curious why you think I should define my ideology into a nice neat little label-----As I remember you hate labels, slogans , traditions , customs, etc.

I'm not trying to label you. I am just asking you questions about the label you give yourself and how it compares to the labels you give others here.

You rail about the lefties being far left. I happen to agree that there are a few very partisan and ver left members. But as a basis of comparison I'd not use the word center to describe your political ideology at all. It would imply that there is much more to thr right than you accept.

I have not seen that. I have not seen you deviate once from right trends. So I asked.

Maybe you are just playing the devil's advocate here and you are indeed a centrist but swing far right to counterbalance the raging lefties here. Who knows. But I have yet to see anything from you that I could remotely consider centrist and was wondering of you could point the way.

What right wing ideology is too right for you? What left ideology do you think attractive enough to pull you to the moderate center-right.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 02:54 pm
perception wrote:
Setanta

As I suspected ---- you're the only one that caught that-- :wink:

No, he wasn't - I just chose to ignore it!!!!! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 03:40 pm
Ah! Just as I said.
0 Replies