Ferraro's idiotic comments -more slime from the Clinton camp

candidone1

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 04:16 pm
...now you're just not making any sense.

Your original claim was that the consortium vindicated the Bush victory.
All you really wanted to do was provide a forum to make the mess in Florida, the voting injustices in Florida and the decision to halt the actual counting in Florida the Democrats fault. I don't see how that conclusion can be drawn from the article.

When tabulating several million votes nearly a decade later, I find it hard to see this as the slam dunk you seem to think it is.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 09:07 pm
Quote:
the point is that under the systems and conditions that existed at that time, Bush won

Yes he did 5-4

Quote:
For that, blame the (mostly) Democratic elections' officials of the largest counties in Florida.

The Dems helped Bush 'steal' the election by purposely setting up confusing ballots and poor procedures.

At that level, party affiliation is more or less irrelevant. I lived in Florida at the time and attended the Civil Rights Commission Hearings. The people running the elections were non-partisans. Extremely incompetent non-partisans but non-partisan nonetheless.

The indisputable fact is that more people went to the polls with the intention of voting for Gore than Bush in Florida. Gore screwed up by not demanding a statewide recount. The phony felons list cost Gore far more voted that 517 (?) margin.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:30 am
candidone1 wrote:
...now you're just not making any sense.

Your original claim was that the consortium vindicated the Bush victory.
All you really wanted to do was provide a forum to make the mess in Florida, the voting injustices in Florida and the decision to halt the actual counting in Florida the Democrats fault. I don't see how that conclusion can be drawn from the article.

When tabulating several million votes nearly a decade later, I find it hard to see this as the slam dunk you seem to think it is.

The consortium did it's work within a few months after the election, not a decade later.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:35 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Quote:
the point is that under the systems and conditions that existed at that time, Bush won

Yes he did 5-4

Quote:
For that, blame the (mostly) Democratic elections' officials of the largest counties in Florida.

The Dems helped Bush 'steal' the election by purposely setting up confusing ballots and poor procedures.

At that level, party affiliation is more or less irrelevant. I lived in Florida at the time and attended the Civil Rights Commission Hearings. The people running the elections were non-partisans. Extremely incompetent non-partisans but non-partisan nonetheless.

The indisputable fact is that more people went to the polls with the intention of voting for Gore than Bush in Florida. Gore screwed up by not demanding a statewide recount. The phony felons list cost Gore far more voted that 517 (?) margin.

Party affiliation irrelevant?

What are you smoking?

The people who made the rules and set up the ballots and procedures were mostly Democrat election officials in Floridas largest counties.

Live with it. The incompetence is in your own party, and the blame (if any) is also.

You think you can read the intentions of millions of voters!! Are you on the psychic hotline? Did you know I was going to say that? Laughing

Florida elected Bush in 2004 also , don't forget.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 06:26 am
The State of Florida does not care about rules.

The State of Florida does not care about accurate voting.

Just look a the debacle the State of Florida has caused relative to the Dem Primary.

Sure....vote by mail....lets have another do over.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 07:55 am
This whole thing (Ferraro comments + fallout) was Obama's fault, of course:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/03/13/767354.aspx
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 08:10 am
real life doesn't have a clue. The party affiliation is irrelevant as there is incompetency in Florida across the board regardless of affiliation. And it still exists today. That Bush won Florida against Kerry is also irrelevant. (Bush stole the 2004 election in Ohio.)
0 Replies