Ferraro's idiotic comments -more slime from the Clinton camp

Jonsey

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 12:33 pm
You don't come across a speaker or a uniter like Barack often. Black or white. So.. I think this claim doesn't hold much water.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 01:35 pm
If Barak wasn't receiving 90% of the black vote he would not be where he is today in the primary race.

He IS receiving 90% of the black vote BECAUSE he is black.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 01:50 pm
maporsche wrote:
If Barak wasn't receiving 90% of the black vote he would not be where he is today in the primary race.

So you are suggesting every single black person who voted for Barak, ignored his policies, positions, etc and voted based upon race?

Are you also suggesting that every women who voted for Hillary ignored her positions, policies etc and voted based upon her gender?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 01:54 pm
Presumably he was still black back when he wasn't getting 90% of the black vote and when Hillary actually was winning the black vote in polls and when folks were speculating on whether or not he was black enough. And is he also losing the white vote in places like Ohio because he's black? Or is Hillary just winning the white vote because she's white?

Would you say that Hillary would not be where she is today if she weren't a woman? After all, she gets a majority of the female vote, and there are a lot more women than there are blacks.

This is all so asinine.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:00 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Presumably he was still black back when he wasn't getting 90% of the black vote and when Hillary actually was winning the black vote in polls and when folks were speculating on whether or not he was black enough. And is he also losing the white vote in places like Ohio because he's black? Or is Hillary just winning the white vote because she's white?

Would you say that Hillary would not be where she is today if she weren't a woman? After all, she gets a majority of the female vote, and there are a lot more women than there are blacks.

This is all so asinine.

Racism and racists are asinine! Looks like the Democrats for FILLED with racists.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:18 pm
woiyo wrote:
maporsche wrote:

So you are suggesting every single black person who voted for Barak, ignored his policies, positions, etc and voted based upon race?

Are you also suggesting that every women who voted for Hillary ignored her positions, policies etc and voted based upon her gender?

No, I'm not suggesting that every single black person ignored his policies. But since his policies, positions, etc are 99.7% identical to Clintons, his race was the tiebreaker. If he were white a good portion of these voters may still vote for him, probably the majority, but not 90%.

And I would say that same thing about Clinton.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:19 pm
woiyo wrote:

Racism and racists are asinine! Looks like the Democrats for FILLED with racists.

DOES it look that way?

Are you saying that I'M racist?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:25 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

That would probably be fair to say about Clinton. Her being female is a reason why women vote for her. It's not like 90% of the women are voting for her though.

And of course there are more women then blacks, in many states (Ohio for example) the 90% black vote obviously didn't tilt the meter firmly towards Obama.

But in states OTHER states, where the black vote made up 50%+ of the voters, you KNOW his race made a difference.

The more black votes in a state primary, the better Obama does. Is that merely coincidence?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:26 pm
maporsche wrote:
woiyo wrote:

DOES it look that way?

Are you voting for Clinton because you are white and she is white?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:27 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
maporsche wrote:
woiyo wrote:

DOES it look that way?

Are you voting for Clinton because your white and she is white?

No (at least not consciously).
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:29 pm
In 1996 Bill Clinton got 83% of the black vote.

Maporsche, I am afraid your cult-like devotion to Hillary has affected your ability to think straight.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:29 pm
Would it be fair to say, when projecting how a state may vote, that the more black votes are in a state, the more that favors Obama?

Would it be as fair to say that as it would be to say that the more college educated in a state, the more that favors Obama?

Or as fair to say the more white women in a state the more that it favors Clinton?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:31 pm
no, because you used the word black and obama in the same sentence so you are a profiler and a racist...
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:31 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
In 1996 Bill Clinton got 83% of the black vote.

Maporsche, I am afraid your cult-like devotion to Hillary has affected your ability to think straight.

My cult-like devotion.....cute.

First, please link to the stat you posted.

2nd, Clinton wasn't running against a viable black candidate.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:32 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
no, because you used the word black and obama in the same sentence so you are a profiler and a racist...

So it would appear huh?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:51 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

This is a strawman that a Republican wingnut would be proud of.

Read what Geraldine Ferraro said.

Geraldine is suggesting that Barack... a man who even a Hillary devotee should understand is a man of considerable skill who attracts the youth vote and the educated vote.... is only successful because of some kind of "reverse racism".

If you don't understand why this is offensive, then I don't know what to say.

The facts are

- Barack Obama is a better speaker than Hillary and is inspiring voters where Hillary is not.

- Obama has been consistant in opposing the war where Hillary has not, and he has expressed views on stopping future wars that many of us prefer to Hillaries dithering on the subject.

- Obama has run a positive campaign where Hillary has not.

- Obama has set up a much better campaign ground organization in States that Hillary ignored until too late.

- Obama consistently beats McCain in national head to head polls

- Obama has won more pledged delegates. He has won more states. And, he has won a greater percentage of the popular votes.

There are many reasons that Obama is winning this election (and has pretty near mathematically wrapped it up).

It will be nice when Hillary (and her devotees) can accept that they were beaten by a better candidate who ran a better campaign.

Claiming that she is the victim of racism is both offensive and idiotic.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 04:04 pm
Wow!

Ferarro steps down from Clinton's campaign...

Ferraro wrote:

I am stepping down from your finance committee so I can speak for myself and you can continue to speak for yourself about what is at stake in this campaign ... The Obama campaign is attacking me to hurt you. I won't let that happen.

It wasn't a racist comment, it was a statement of fact.

and for comparison

Power wrote:

With deep regret, I am resigning from my role as an advisor the Obama campaign effective today... Last Monday, I made inexcusable remarks that are at marked variance from my oft-stated admiration for Senator Clinton and from the spirit, tenor, and purpose of the Obama campaign. And I extend my deepest apologies to Senator Clinton, Senator Obama, and the remarkable team I have worked with over these long 14 months.

The difference between these two statements is striking.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 05:05 pm
Breaking! Ferraro is now saying that Obama is playing the race card.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 05:09 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Breaking! Ferraro is now saying that Obama is playing the race card.

The Clinton camp is saying the same. Ferraro used almost exactly the same words about Jackson two decades ago. Given that B. Clinton failed miserably and lost the black vote for his wife after the SC primary, you would think that they wouldn't go back to that well.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 05:18 pm
Meanwhile, what's Obama saying?

Quote:
"There will be some voters for whom the fact that I'm African American means I've got to work a little harder to make the case,'' Obama said today. "They may be less inclined to give me the benefit of the doubt.

"Just as, in fairness to Sen. Clinton, there may be some voters who require her to work a little harder to make the case because she's a woman,'' the Illinois senator said at a press conference in Chicago. "But there are probably some people who give me the benefit of the doubt because I'm black and there probably are some who give Sen. Clinton the benefit of the doubt because she's a woman.

"But ultimately, the bottom line is the overwhelming majority of Americans are going to make these decisions based on who they think is going to be the best president,'' he said. "I have absolute confidence in that. And I have absolute confidence that if I'm doing my job, if I'm delivering my message, that there are very few voters out there that I can't win over.''

Way more good stuff here, didn't want to copy and paste it all:

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/03/obama_stop_slicing_and_dicing.html
0 Replies