Ferraro's idiotic comments -more slime from the Clinton camp

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:18 am
It is also a very good way to take the focus off the demands for the Clintons to release their tax returns and her White House papers.

Spitzer's tax returns are what sparked investigations into his finances and activities.

What are the Clinton's trying to postpone being exposed until it is too late?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:26 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
woiyo wrote:
RASMUSSEN at 11:00 AM:

Likely Dem Voters Nationwide

Black: Obama 81% Clinton 7%
White: Clinton 50% Obama 39%

Women: Clinton 51% Obama 40%
Men: Obama 60% Clinton 28%

so you can look at those stats and tell me that it's not Obama advantage black.... Obama advantage men... Obama is cashing in on the both the racist AND the sexist vote... it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with him, that it's the ONLY consideration or that I'm a bigot or a racist... it's a fact... and in this particular election cycle those facts are working in Obama's favor.

Err, why isn't Clinton's advantage with whites an indication that she is benefiting from the racist vote then? And what of her advantage with women? The fact is that these numbers don't tell us much as we don't know what percentage of Democrats are black, white, men or women. Demographics in exit polls don't necessarily indicate racism or sexism. This is a six one way half a dozen the other proposition. And if you want to follow these assumptions to their conclusions I think you'll come to a conclusion that is opposite the one posited by Ferraro.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:39 am
clinton has a small lead with whites and women... obama has a huge lead with blacks and men....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:42 am
Butrflynet wrote:
It is also a very good way to take the focus off the demands for the Clintons to release their tax returns and her White House papers.

Spitzer's tax returns are what sparked investigations into his finances and activities.

What are the Clinton's trying to postpone being exposed until it is too late?

clinton said she'd release her records before PA. clinton has released her records in the past. Perhaps she feels that it's nobody's goddam business and it's not... unless you can prove allegations of hanky panky otherwise she's probably doing the same thing I'd do is you asked for mine.... I'd tell you I';; release them in adequate time to be in compliance with the law and/or when I damn well feel like it...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:42 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
clinton has a small lead with whites and women... obama has a huge lead with blacks and men....

Yes exactly. And, the person with the most votes is the one who gets the nomination.

When is Hillary going to admit she got beaten instead of whining about the way elections are supposed to work?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:43 am
beats me... you were asked the same question about gore/bush...but of course now the shoe's on a different foot eh?

and in case you forgot 2000.... the person with the most votes does NOT necessarily get the big prize.... again thouogh, now that the shoe's on the other foot it's different right?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:52 am
A consortium of newspapers conducted their own Florida recount after Bush took office.

Extensive effort and numerous scenarios showed Bush winning in every case.

Quote:
Florida recount study: Bush still wins

Study reveals flaws in ballots, voter errors may have cost Gore victory

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A comprehensive study of the 2000 presidential election in Florida suggests that if the U.S. Supreme Court had allowed a statewide vote recount to proceed, Republican candidate George W. Bush would still have been elected president.

The National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago conducted the six-month study for a consortium of eight news media companies, including CNN.........
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/florida.ballots/stories/main.html

But I still hear delusional Dems (including Hillary very recently) claiming Gore was the rightful winner.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:53 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

But how many Dem party voters are black vs. women? The advantage with women translates to way more votes than does the advantage with blacks. The quantity of the vote advantage is what counts, is it not?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 12:00 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

Yes exactly. And, the person with the most votes is the one who gets the nomination.

Well, actually it's the most delegates.

Hopefully all those superdelegates will swing towards Clinton (maybe some regular delegates too).
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 12:01 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

But how many Dem party voters are black vs. women? The advantage with women translates to way more votes than does the advantage with blacks. The quantity of the vote advantage is what counts, is it not?

That would depend on the state.

I wonder what the result would be if only 80% of the blacks voted for Obama. Or 70%. I may do some analysis when I get home today.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 12:03 pm
Woiyo's numbers were nationwide. Still, I'm interested to see what you find.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 12:08 pm
real life wrote:
A consortium of newspapers conducted their own Florida recount after Bush took office.

Quote:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A comprehensive study of the 2000 presidential election in Florida suggests that if the U.S. Supreme Court had allowed a statewide vote recount to proceed, Republican candidate George W. Bush would still have been elected president.

The National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago conducted the six-month study for a consortium of eight news media companies, including CNN.........

But I still hear delusional Dems (including Hillary very recently) claiming Gore was the rightful winner.

From the article....if you read it all.

Quote:
As with any large-scale study, the NORC data is subject to some important limitations.

NORC reported serious problems with record keeping at many local election offices. NORC relied on these offices to produce the rejected ballots, but county officials were unable to deliver as many as 2,200 problem ballots to NORC investigators.

Although trained to produce accurate, impartial reports, the NORC investigators are human and prone to human judgment and error. In particular, NORC discovered that male investigators were more likely to record marks on ballots than women. NORC also found a slight but statistically significant relationship between candidate marks and the investigators' party affiliation.

Most importantly, there is no guarantee that the judgments of the NORC investigators would have matched those of local election boards had the recount been permitted to proceed under any scenario.

When you're talking a few hundred votes, and when you consider all the mentioned caveats and possibilities....it's hardly a conclusive airtight result.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 12:42 pm
In reference to the title of this post I would like to say that if Obama is nominated to run Im going to enjoy all his brainwashed backers whining about all the sliming the republicans are going to do to him. The Obamaites demanding an apology from anyone who criticizes him wont work worth a dam- as it has on the spineless democrats. I can see the republican slime machine doing great damage to his homey image. And the more the Obamites cry the more Ill enjoy it.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 12:45 pm
rabel22 wrote:
I can see the republican slime machine doing great damage to his homey image. And the more the Obamites cry the more Ill enjoy it.

His homey image?
Baha ahahahahaha.

That's some funny **** right there.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 12:50 pm
You think so. Well enjoy.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 12:53 pm
rabel22 wrote:
You think so. Well enjoy.

.....still cleaning the coffee off my keyboard.
Spewed it all over the place when I read that last one.

Obama is a real G.
Word.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 01:09 pm
maporsche wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Well, actually it's the most delegates.

Hopefully all those superdelegates will swing towards Clinton (maybe some regular delegates too).

If that is it, then so be it.

But when all those superdelegates swing toward Obama, will Clinton supporters stop whining?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 01:22 pm
I believe whining is protected speech....
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 01:37 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
If Obama, whose talents are undeniable, was a white man then no, I do not believe we would be seeing the outpouring of black voters we see now. Go ahead and call me a racist and I'll laugh about it and you'll feel like you've elevated yourselves to the high road somehow.

Much of the black vote starting going overwhelmingly to Obama after both Clintons made racially charged remarks before and after the SC primary. If Obama were white, I guess Clinton would not have made those remarks, but assuming she did, I think she'd have trouble getting any black votes against anyone.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 03:25 pm
candidone1 wrote:
real life wrote:

Quote:

From the article....if you read it all.

Quote:
As with any large-scale study, the NORC data is subject to some important limitations.

NORC reported serious problems with record keeping at many local election offices. NORC relied on these offices to produce the rejected ballots, but county officials were unable to deliver as many as 2,200 problem ballots to NORC investigators.

Although trained to produce accurate, impartial reports, the NORC investigators are human and prone to human judgment and error. In particular, NORC discovered that male investigators were more likely to record marks on ballots than women. NORC also found a slight but statistically significant relationship between candidate marks and the investigators' party affiliation.

Most importantly, there is no guarantee that the judgments of the NORC investigators would have matched those of local election boards had the recount been permitted to proceed under any scenario.

When you're talking a few hundred votes, and when you consider all the mentioned caveats and possibilities....it's hardly a conclusive airtight result.

yes I read the whole thing

the point is that under the systems and conditions that existed at that time, Bush won

The systems and conditions were bad, no doubt about it.

For that, blame the (mostly) Democratic elections' officials of the largest counties in Florida.

The Dems helped Bush 'steal' the election by purposely setting up confusing ballots and poor procedures.

yeah right.
0 Replies