AMERICAN CONSERVATISM IN 2008 AND BEYOND

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 12:00 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Thank you, map. You see, foxy thinks that folks who don't have insurance are simply irresponsible or otherwise too busy having fun to spend money on health insurance.

And perhaps since you are so wise and wonderful and fair and open minded and honest and obviously so much more magnanimous and virtuous than I am, perhaps you would care to show any quote of mine that even remotely suggests that 'folks who don't have insurance are simply irresponsible or otherwise too busy having fun to spend money on health insurance." I'm sure you are capable of doing that since you claim super powers to know what I want, what I do, what my circumstances are.

And then perhaps you would care to state that no people without insurance are not carrying insurance voluntarily.

Would you at least have the decency to say that if that is what you think? And if you don't think that, then an apology for misrepresenting my opinion would be in order.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 12:06 am
@Foxfyre,
you told ME that once foxie, long ago. (you also suggested i was looking to freeload)

(i still remember it)

not gonna dig it up.

you had one of your BIG brushes out painting that day.

be careful you don't fall off that high horsie...
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 12:41 am
@Rockhead,
I believe that you believe that Rockhead.

I also do not believe I said anything like that to you without considerable qualification.

I am not always successful in turning the other cheek or letting hateful stuff slide here, but I am not unkind to anybody here or anywhere else without some serious provocation. If you or anybody else do not wish to be my friend that is okay. But I would appreciate honesty when my opinions or comments are stated.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 12:55 am
@Foxfyre,
qualifying and dancing nicely around your insults does not make them any less insulting.

you reap what you sow.

friendship is for girl scouts. not politics.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 01:00 am
i gotta go to bed now.

happy trails.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 01:23 am
@Foxfyre,
Gee, Foxie, you get plenty of honesty from me, but you put me on Ignore. LOL
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 01:30 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

JPB wrote:

Thank you, map. You see, foxy thinks that folks who don't have insurance are simply irresponsible or otherwise too busy having fun to spend money on health insurance.

And perhaps since you are so wise and wonderful and fair and open minded and honest and obviously so much more magnanimous and virtuous than I am, perhaps you would care to show any quote of mine that even remotely suggests that 'folks who don't have insurance are simply irresponsible or otherwise too busy having fun to spend money on health insurance." I'm sure you are capable of doing that since you claim super powers to know what I want, what I do, what my circumstances are.

And then perhaps you would care to state that no people without insurance are not carrying insurance voluntarily.

Would you at least have the decency to say that if that is what you think? And if you don't think that, then an apology for misrepresenting my opinion would be in order.

I remember lots of posts wherein Foxy accused the uninsured of preferring to spend their money on electronic toys, flat screen televisions, cell phones, etc., rather than on health insurance. Over 120 people die every day because of the lack of healthcare. Was it their voluntary choice not to have insurance? I think not.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 01:36 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
But I would appreciate honesty when my opinions or comments are stated.

You put those people on ignore. You don't seek honesty, you seek flattery and validation.

T
K
O
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 04:15 am
@Diest TKO,
Just another Foxie contradiction. She wants honesty - but doesn't want to be challenged to identify all her contradictions and bs.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 06:58 am
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
But, if the system was changed so that you owned the policy instead of your employer and insurors could compete across state lines, voila! You could have dozens or hundreds of affordable plans to choose from.

Sure.. you would find millions of people in this situation too....
Attorney general sues two firms, saying Minnesotans were duped by phony insurance.
The plan was very affordable and located in a different state. Too bad it didn't actually provide any coverage.

The reasons states don't allow outside companies to sell insurance is because then they could scam people and it would be OK as long as it was legal in the state the company resided in. I don't understand why you don't understand that simple little fact Fox. A state can only sue if the company violates state law. Your proposal would take away the ability of states to regulate insurance.
JPB

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:02 am
@Foxfyre,
Horseshit! You throw out unverified "most" this and "most" that without any backing whatsoever, when "most" fall under the opposite of your claim and then get uppity when called on it.

I've already quoted your posts back to you, as have others. Your selective amnesia might let you sleep at night, but I do believe you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror at your prejudices and presentations.

Apologize? For being disgusted at the arrogant display of self-centered righteousness that you continue to espouse through this thread and others? I don't think so.

MAC -- My Ass is Covered!
parados

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:06 am
@JPB,
I find Foxfyre's arguments against government run health care to be quite self serving since she is obviously covered by Medicare.

I've got mine, &^*% everyone else.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:07 am
@parados,
Foxy wants national regulation of the insurance companies, she just refuses to call it that.
parados

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:08 am
@JPB,
You can't honestly mean Foxfyre wants a system controlled by the Federal government?
JPB

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:26 am
@parados,
I know. Shocking, isn't it? The word "hypocrite" comes to mind regularly while reading foxy's posts. I won't say that she's the "only" one who doesn't see it, but I will say that it's obvious to "most" of the posters on this thread.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 08:01 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

I prefer to have charge of my own body and I feel pefectly competent to choose what is right for me and trust my doctor to advise me of what is right for me regardless of what the government and insurance companies think I should want for me.

I'm saving this gem for later.
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 08:23 am
@FreeDuck,
That is precious, isn't it.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 08:25 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
MAC -- My Ass is Covered!

Another gem!

The Real GOP Health Care Plan: Be Rich
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:29 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

friendship is for girl scouts. not politics.

I am thinking of joining the girl scouts, Rockhead.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:30 am
@wandeljw,
i think you would make a fine girl scout, wandel.

(your wife would be hell about the cookies, though...)
0 Replies