AMERICAN CONSERVATISM IN 2008 AND BEYOND

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:36 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
However, he is being criticized for giving a platform to a bunch of crazy folks.

Cycloptichorn

Would some of those crazy folks have included Obama's relatives in Kenya, that said he was born there?

Yeah, apparently. However, I have not seen any of these people actually state this on the record; I've only seen this alluded to by G. Gordon Liddy, notorious crook., and other right-wing wackos.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:37 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean anything.

I'm not saying where Obama was born, I don't know, probably in Hawaii, but I do find it strange that his relatives or grandma have stated he was not born there, so I would be interested in any further information dug up. A birth certificate is a piece of paper thats it, relatives word also should mean something, although maybe they just wanted to claim he was born there, hey I don't know.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:38 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean anything.

This is true; however, it appears that NOBODY has seen this, and that there is no actual evidence to be produced in this area. I guess that means something.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:43 am
@okie,
okie, What others say about where Obama is born means absolutely nothing after his birth certificate was produced, and a article in the newspaper announcing his birth.

Your brain has difficulty with simple logic.

I can say you were born in China. Do you believe me?
okie

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
You aren't my grandmother, I hope, but if you were and you said I was born in China, I am sure it would be etched in stone, according to you, and no amount of proof from Oklahoma would make any difference.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:50 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

You aren't my grandmother, I hope, but if you were and you said I was born in China, I am sure it would be etched in stone, according to you, and no amount of proof from Oklahoma would make any difference.

Is there any amount of proof that would make a difference to the 'birthers?'

No. Because this isn't really about where he was born, it's about Conservatives upset that a black guy with a muslim name is running the country.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:50 am
@okie,
You probably haven't experienced what old people are capable of saying - from dementia or alzheimer's. You're already at that stage.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 10:41 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

On the occasionally reoccurring story over President Obama's birth certificate, there is now a huge bruhaha with Leftists demanding that Lou Dobbs be fired at CNN, not because he thinks Obama isn't a U.S. citizen. He does think Obama is a U.S. citizen and says so. They want him fired simply because he dares mention that there is a controversy.

They're getting crazier and crazier folks.

Quote:
Lou Dobbs Rips Fox News' Geraldo, MSNBC's Maddow Over Obama 'Birther' Show
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:59 AM
By: Kenneth D. Williams

On yesterday's Lou Dobbs radio show, the host had plenty to say about critics who are ripping him for allowing a debate on his program about Obama's birth certificate " everyone from Ann Coulter, to Fox News and "intellectually challenged" Geraldo Rivera, to MSNBC TV's "tea-bagging queen" Rachel Maddow.

Three video clips at this site:
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/lou_dobbs_/2009/07/29/241337.html?s=al&promo_code=845A-1

Oh, is there a group calling for his firing? I assure you, I read the lefty blogs as much as anyone, and I have not seen a lot of evidence that this is true. However, he is being criticized for giving a platform to a bunch of crazy folks.

Cycloptichorn

You didn't read the article or watch the clips did you. But you drew a firm conclusion just the same.

Perhaps the leftwing bloggers have speculated on why Obama won't release his birth certificate? Or do they maintain that nobody would be curious about something like that? Are you willing to say they never exhibited any curiosity about 'secrets' presumed in previous administrations? And are you willing to say that if this President was a Republican and refused to release his birth certificate, that there would be no discussion about that?

I am less curious about where Obama was born than I am about what is on that birth certificate that he seems so desperate that nobody be allowed to see. I suspect it might reveal at least an embarrassing lie that he has perpetuated.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 10:50 am
@Foxfyre,
No, I don't go to Newsmax. But I watched the actual broadcast of both the O'Reilly show and Maddow show in question, and neither left me with the impression that there was any concerted push to get Dobbs fired by any meaningful lefty groups. Certainly not a 'huge bruhaha,' as you put it. Mostly there is derision.

Quote:

I am less curious about where Obama was born than I am about what is on that birth certificate that he seems so desperate that nobody be allowed to see. I suspect it might reveal at least an embarrassing lie that he has perpetuated.

Um, they provided a copy of the birth certificate to several news organizations during the campaign. Don't you remember that?

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 10:56 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Foxie continues to deny the obvious; Obama's birth certificate and news article in the local newspaper is now common knowledge, and it doesn't take much effort to find copies on the internet with a little bit of effort. She'd rather play dumb and dumber and continues to question Obama's American birth.

Typical MAC-conservative; ignorant.

All anybody has to do is type "Obama's birth certificate" on Google.

Here's one of thousands of examples:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/06/obama-birth.html
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:11 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

No, I don't go to Newsmax. But I watched the actual broadcast of both the O'Reilly show and Maddow show in question, and neither left me with the impression that there was any concerted push to get Dobbs fired by any meaningful lefty groups. Certainly not a 'huge bruhaha,' as you put it. Mostly there is derision.

Quote:

Um, they provided a copy of the birth certificate to several news organizations during the campaign. Don't you remember that?

Cycloptichorn

Nope. They posted copies of A birth certificate,yes. But so far not a single organization other than those with strong supportive ties to Obama has been provided a copy of that birth certificate to examine for authenticity.

Are you honestly going to tell me that if there was a question of George W. Bush's birth and he refused to make his birth certificate public, in fact ordered that Massachusetts lock it up and show it to nobody, and furnished a couple of presumed copies to the Heritage Foundation and CPAC to examine and post on their websites, that you would not have raised serious questions about that?
Yankee

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:14 am
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Are you honestly going to tell me that if there was a question of George W. Bush's birth and he refused to make his birth certificate public, in fact ordered that Massachusetts lock it up and show it to nobody, and furnished a couple of presumed copies to the Heritage Foundation and CPAC to examine, that you would not have raised serious questions about that?

The liberals sort of did that to Bush with his military record and they looked foolish doing it.

Do not fall into the trap about Obamas birth certificate nonsense. If there was anything illegitimate, the Republicans would have brought it forward way before now.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:16 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

Quote:
Are you honestly going to tell me that if there was a question of George W. Bush's birth and he refused to make his birth certificate public, in fact ordered that Massachusetts lock it up and show it to nobody, and furnished a couple of presumed copies to the Heritage Foundation and CPAC to examine, that you would not have raised serious questions about that?

The liberals sort of did that to Bush with his military record and they looked foolish doing it.

Do not fall into the trap about Obamas birth certificate nonsense. If there was anything illegitimate, the Republicans would have brought it forward way before now.

Hey I'm on the side of those who argue that Obama was born in Hawaii--I have not tried to make any other case. But I'll admit to being really curious about what is on that birth certificate that he doesn't want anybody to see.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:16 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Well, I don't think the birthers would leave a tea party to question such.

H.Res. 593

Quote:
Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961;
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:17 am
@Yankee,
The liberals did not look "foolish" when we investigated Bush's AWOL. Like a typical conservative, you just don't understand what all that entails for any soldier who goes AWOL.

We also saw GWBush's report card at Harvard. That was really a knee slapper!
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

Well, I don't think the birthers would leave a tea party to question such.

But given the level of hated rhetoric and speculation and theory and flat out made up accusations that clogged the leftwing blogs for the last eight years, you can be damn sure they would have kept any question about Bush's birth certificate on the front burner. They did that with his military record and still bring it up.

But it is sure deemed unseemly and improper and crazy and pick your uncomplimentary adjective for anybody to ask any potentially embarrassing questions or make any embarrassing observations of the messiah.

Which is why at least one prominent group is demanding Lou Dobbs' head on a platter--not because he thinks Obama is illegal, but because he allowed the question to be asked.
0 Replies

Yankee

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The liberals did not look "foolish" when we investigated Bush's AWOL. Like a typical conservative, you just don't understand what all that entails for any soldier who goes AWOL.

We also saw GWBush's report card at Harvard. That was really a knee slapper!

Are you some kind of clown?

The democrats looked as stupid as you do now with that nonsense.

0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:36 am
We are still waiting for who forged the documents in the Bush National Guard story, which was put forth on the virtual eve of the election, in an effort to influence a federal election. That is a federal offense, but apparently there are no good investigative reporters out there anymore.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:37 am
A few days ago, I heard Obama on the radio say: "We will require people to volunteer to join Americorp."

!!!???!!!require people to volunteer!!!???!!!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:39 am
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

A few days ago, I heard Obama on the radio say: "We will require people to volunteer to join Americorp."

!!!???!!!require people to volunteer!!!???!!!

Yes, only someone from Kenya could say such.