None of us outside USA.
Sorry
Rama
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 06:22 pm
I think in a way he did address that Ican, in this paragraph:

Quote:
WHAT I AM … is an American who's proud that his President embraces a belief in God; proud of a President who understands, as "politically incorrect" as it may be, there is evil in this world and for the security and safety of all freedom loving people everywhere, it must be confronted… and it must be defeated.

I wish he had separated the two thoughts incorporated here, but hey it was his very large check that bought the ad and he is entitled to say it as he sees it. Smile
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 06:44 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I think in a way he did address that Ican, in this paragraph:

Quote:
WHAT I AM … is an American who's proud that his President embraces a belief in God; proud of a President who understands, as "politically incorrect" as it may be, there is evil in this world and for the security and safety of all freedom loving people everywhere, it must be confronted… and it must be defeated.

I wish he had separated the two thoughts incorporated here, but hey it was his very large check that bought the ad and he is entitled to say it as he sees it. Smile

I agree!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 05:09 pm
Who was the idiot who wrote this?

Quote:

Quote:

Eight Years Ago Today: Bush's Broken Promise

Eight years ago today, George W. Bush uttered the now broken promise that has come to define his failed presidency. Accepting his party's nomination, Governor Bush promised to restore "honor and dignity" to the White House. But as events continue to show, a more accurate - and ironic - mantra for the lawless Bush White House would be "no controlling legal authority."

At the time it was delivered, Bush's acceptance speech at the 2000 Republican National Convention in Philadelphia was an arrogant, deceitful broadside against the Clinton/Gore years. But the very words Bush used to tar Al Gore with the blight of the Lewinsky scandal may now constitute the epitaph for the Bush presidency:

"So when I put my hand on the Bible, I will swear to not only uphold the laws of our land, I will swear to uphold the honor and dignity of the office to which I have been elected, so help me God."

That hateful address (video excerpts here), of course, was filled with exactly the kind of lies and taunts - the smallness - that came to define George W. Bush.

His false charges about American military readiness ("Not ready for duty, sir!"), his long since abandoned philosophy when it comes to using American force ("the cause must be just, the goal must be clear, and the victory must be overwhelming"), his smearing of Al Gore that foreshadowed his own legacy ("he now leads the party of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, but the only thing he has to offer is fear itself") and his obscene claim to be a "uniter" ("I will not attack a part of this country because I want to lead the whole of it"), all were in keeping with the dark Bush character.

Bush broke all of these promises. But his original sin, from which all other of his crimes and errors flow, is his pledge to usher in new period of higher ethical standards as part of a "responsibility era." Bush, who previously sneered at Gore's "no controlling legal authority" defense of his 1990's Buddhist temple fundraising efforts, raised the ethical bar further that October:

"In my administration, we will ask not only what is legal but what is right. Not just what the lawyers allow, but what the public deserves. In my administration, we'll make it clear there is a controlling legal authority of conscience."

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/03/eight-years-ago-today-bushs-broken-promise/#more-31517

0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 09:25 am
Bush is not competent to do what he promised!

Foxfyre posted this article written by George J. Esseff, Sr about himself. He published it in a one page advertisement in the Washington Post at a cost of over one-hundred-thousand dollars.
Quote:

He was right: "there is evil in this world and for the security and safety of all freedom loving people everywhere, it must be confronted… and it must be defeated."
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 11:58 am
ican711nm wrote:

Now you tell us!

Foxfyre posted this article written by George J. Esseff, Sr about himself. He published it in a one page advertisement in the Washington Post at a cost of over one-hundred-thousand dollars.

So that's the idiot's name. Well you got one thing right. Give yourself a big "ican"!!

Quote:

He was right: "there is evil in this world and for the security and safety of all [------] everywhere, it must be confronted… and it must be defeated."

Tell that to the hundred thousand or so dead innocent Iraqis, the 2 million or so dead Vietnamese, the tens of thousands of Iranians murdered while the US supported the Shah, the thousands upon thousands of Iraqis killed by Saddam while he was the US's main man, ... .
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 12:43 pm
JTT wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Now you tell us!

So that's the idiot's name. Well you got one thing right. Give yourself a big "ican"!!

Quote:

He was right: "there is evil in this world and for the security and safety of all freedom loving people everywhere, it must be confronted… and it must be defeated."

Tell that to the hundred thousand or so dead innocent Iraqis, the 2 million or so dead Vietnamese, the tens of thousands of Iranians murdered while the US supported the Shah, the thousands upon thousands of Iraqis killed by Saddam while he was the US's main man, ... .

Confronting evil costs lives. Delaying confrontation of evil costs more lives than that. Failing to confront evil costs even more lives than that.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 01:37 pm
ican711nm wrote:

ican can sure put out the wacko stuff.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:34 pm
At least he makes sense, and his point of view is usually pretty much on target. Some, on the other hand, will post any old hateful thing from websites that specialize in unsupportable hateful things as if that somehow makes them look more reasonable or intelligent.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:40 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
At least he makes sense, and his point of view is usually pretty much on target. Some, on the other hand, will post any old hateful thing from websites that specialize in unsupportable hateful things as if that somehow makes them look more reasonable or intelligent.

Such as?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:11 pm
American conservatism, more memes, more lies, more deception, playing fast and loose with facts.

Quote:

Yes Conservatives, Inflated Tires Beats Coastal Drilling

The latest conservative lie -- regarding Sen. Barack Obama and fuel efficiency -- actually has a great amount of truth to it.

On Thursday, conservative radio host Sean Hannity claimed Obama said, "All you need to do is inflate your tires. That's all you need to do. If every American would join in this effort, of inflating one's tires, then it's all going to be fine. And we can still import 70% of our oil from Saudi Arabia. Just keep those tires inflated."

Conservatives -- lovers of childish mockery over substantive ideas -- later today are apparently planning to distribute tire gauges at an Obama energy event.

And earlier today on MSNBC's Morning Joe, conservative hack economist (who does not hold an economics degree) Larry Kudlow, a very loud advocate of coastal drilling, said of Obama's comments about tires, "That's not really much of a policy."

No, it's not. That was Obama's point.

Obama's actual comment last week was:

...we could save all the oil they're talking about getting off drilling, if everybody was just inflating their tires, and getting regular tune-ups. You could actually save just as much.

He was decidedly not saying "all you need to do" is inflate your ties, or "my entire energy policy" is inflating your tires.

Obama was observing that coastal drilling would save us so little oil and so little money even twenty years from now, that you can actually save more money immediately by doing "simple things" such as keeping your tires properly inflated.

Where did he get that crazy idea? From George Bush's Energy Department and Environmental Protection Agency. (hat tip: Get Energy Smart! Now!)

Their joint site fueleconomy.gov is loaded with fuel-saving, money-saving tips. Keep your tires properly inflated, for example, and you can save up to 12 cents a gallon.

Compare that immediate savings from that single tip, with what coastal and Arctic National Wildlife Refuge drilling combined would get you two decades from now: 6 cents a gallon.

And that's being generous, because Bush's Energy Department says we can't expect any impact on prices from coastal drilling until the year 2030.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-scher/yes-conservatives-inflate_b_116791.html

0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:52 am
JTT wrote:
American conservatism, more memes, more lies, more deception, playing fast and loose with facts.

American liberals have been corrupted into coveter placaters, liars, bigots, and self-deluders.

Crude oil prices have been dropping in mere anticipation of the USA increasing domestic drilling. Price per barrel (i.e., 55 gallons) is now below $120 (i.e., $2.18 per gallon). That price will drop a lot further when the USA finally begins domestic oil drilling in locations with rich oil reserves hitherto prohibited by Congress from being drilled.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:50 am
ican711nm wrote:
JTT wrote:

American liberals have been corrupted into coveter placaters, liars, bigots, and self-deluders.

Crude oil prices have been dropping in mere anticipation of the USA increasing domestic drilling. Price per barrel (i.e., 55 gallons) is now below $120 (i.e., $2.18 per gallon). That price will drop a lot further when the USA finally begins domestic oil drilling in locations with rich oil reserves hitherto prohibited by Congress from being drilled.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 12:52 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

Following is the letter I sent to each of those senators this morning:

To (individually) Lindsey Graham, John Thune, Saxby Chambliss, Bob Corker, and Johnny Isakson

Dear Senator:

It was with a heavy heart that I read of the "Gang of 10" bipartisan 'compromise' on a proposed energy bill. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on re the consequences of soaring fuel prices coupled with a threatening recession here in the USA much of which I believe results from a wrong-headed energy policy. Almost everyone we know is having to cut back on purchases, travel, and some other pleasures of life. Most of us are lucky that we can still afford necessities. Others are faring less well.

We finally had the Democrats on the ropes and had an issue that would help put John McCain in the White House. We need to become as energy self-sufficient as possible, and the ability to use our own natural resources is a huge component of that. We can't do that by forbidding drilling in large oil reserves and raising taxes on the very industry that will enable us to do it.

You and your four colleagues are doing a great deal of damage on all those points. Please please reconsider for the good of your country, your party, and the good of us all.

Respectfully,

(*)
Albuquerque NM

Excellent Letter!

I'll send a similar letter.

Either the Congress changes our energy policy to what you recommended, or this country of ours is going down.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 12:59 pm
Come on comrades.
Here is the one ( An American)who speak my language.
Unpalatable for many of you.

"Fantastic misgovernment is not an accident, nor is it the work of a few bad individuals. It is the consequence of triumph by a particular philosophy of government, by a movement that understands the liberal state as a perversion and considers the market the ideal nexus of human society. This movement is friendly to industry not just by force of campaign contributions but by conviction; it believes in entrepreneurship not merely in commerce but in politics; and the inevitable results of its ascendance are, first, the capture of the state by business and, second, what follows from that: incompetence, graft, and all the other wretched flotsam that we've come to expect from Washington.

"... The conservatism that speaks to us through its actions in Washington is institutionally opposed to those baseline good intentions we learned about in elementary school. Its leaders laugh off the idea of the public interest as airy-fairy nonsense; they caution against bringing top-notch talent into government service; they declare war on public workers. They have made a cult of outsourcing and privatizing, they have wrecked established federal operations because they disagree with them, and they have deliberately piled up an Everest of debt in order to force the government into crisis. The ruination they have wrought has been thorough; it has been a professional job. Repairing it will require years of political action."

Thomas Frank
Harpers Magazine
August, 2008
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:07 pm
To (individually) Lindsey Graham, John Thune, Saxby Chambliss, Bob Corker, and Johnny Isakson

Dear Senator:

It was with a heavy heart that I read of the "Gang of 10" bipartisan 'compromise' on a proposed energy bill. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on [all the while ignoring anything that doesn't fit my narrow, simplistic viewpoints] re the consequences of soaring fuel prices coupled with a threatening recession here in the USA much of which I believe results from a wrong-headed energy policy. Almost everyone we know is having to cut back on purchases, travel, and some other pleasures of life. Most of us are lucky that we can still afford necessities. Others are faring less well.

Of course, we are much better off than the 100,000 or so Iraqis that we saved for democracy that now lie in graves. Nevertheless it's irritating that we have had to cut back on the pleasures of life. Oh, I know that no one has bombed my house and my kids and grandkids aren't dying from malnutrition and disease but hey, those are just some brown-skinned people "over there".

Respectfully,

(Numbnuts)
Albuquerque NM
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:16 pm
The Democratic Party has evolved into the party of liberal coveter pacifiers; for short call them libcovpacs. Libcovpacs advocate: thou shall covet thy neighbor's wealth and anything else that is thy neighbor's; and, thou shall elect a government that steals from thy neighbor. These libcovpacs are evolving rapidly into the "Party."
George Orwell in NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR, published June 1949, wrote:

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/o79n/

Part II, Chapter IX
The two aims of the Party are to conquer the whole surface of the earth and to extinguish once and for all the possibility of independent thought. There are therefore two great problems which the Party is concerned to solve. One is how to discover, against his will, what another human being is thinking, and the other is how to kill several hundred million people in a few seconds without giving warning beforehand.

Part III, Chapter II
Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else. Not in the individual mind, which can make mistakes, and in any case soon perishes: only in the mind of the Party, which is collective and immortal. Whatever the Party holds to be the truth, is truth. It is impossible to see reality except by looking through the eyes of the Party. That is the fact that you have got to relearn, Winston. It needs an act of self-destruction, an effort of the will. You must humble yourself before you can become sane.

Part III, Chapter III
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just round the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:19 pm
ican711nm wrote:
... thou shall covet thy neighbor's wealth and anything else that is thy neighbor's; ...

Hmmm, sounds like US foreign policy to me.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:24 pm
Foxfyre - I didn't realize you were from Albuquerque! I love Albuquerque! So beautiful! It was one of my favorite places on my road trip last year. I love all the native art and jewelry.

Naturally, I don't agree with your letter's content, but I can't foul you for exercising your voice. The only thing I will say is this. Republican or Democrat, they don't "owe" anything to their party. They should act only in the interest of their nation and it's citizens. It's not their job to make McCain win or Obama lose. I think you're putting a higher premium on politics rather than progress.

Compromise is not a bad thing. If drilling is going to happen (and I'm feeling like it is), I'd rather it happen in a way with some bi-partisan support. Democrats have often compromised for Republican ideas.

"Don't ask don't tell" was a compromise. Clinton bent for this so that homosexuals could serve their country in the armed services. At the time on 44% of the country was okay with the idea of a gay service man or woman. Now 75% of our country is in support of it, with many high ranking military officials in support.

Don't ask don't tell is not a good policy, but it was better than outright rejection of a man or woman entering the military on the basis of sexual orientation.

JTT - damn... cold.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 04:58 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
Foxfyre - I didn't realize you were from Albuquerque! I love Albuquerque! So beautiful! It was one of my favorite places on my road trip last year. I love all the native art and jewelry.

Naturally, I don't agree with your letter's content, but I can't foul you for exercising your voice. The only thing I will say is this. Republican or Democrat, they don't "owe" anything to their party. They should act only in the interest of their nation and it's citizens. It's not their job to make McCain win or Obama lose. I think you're putting a higher premium on politics rather than progress.

Compromise is not a bad thing. If drilling is going to happen (and I'm feeling like it is), I'd rather it happen in a way with some bi-partisan support. Democrats have often compromised for Republican ideas.

"Don't ask don't tell" was a compromise. Clinton bent for this so that homosexuals could serve their country in the armed services. At the time on 44% of the country was okay with the idea of a gay service man or woman. Now 75% of our country is in support of it, with many high ranking military officials in support.

Don't ask don't tell is not a good policy, but it was better than outright rejection of a man or woman entering the military on the basis of sexual orientation.

JTT - damn... cold.

T
K
O

"Don't ask don't tell' was Clinton's conclusion and was upheld by the then Democratically controlled Congress. In 1993 it replaced the previous law forbidding gays and lesbians from serving in the military Clinton came to that decision to support that after touring military facilities and seeing the conditions under which the men and women lived, slept, showered, etc. and determined that was the best solution to a difficult situation. He could have just as easily demanded that the military accept openly gay soldiers and/or said the policy would be to not allow gays to serve under any circumstances. It was not a satisfactory solution to many people, gay and straight, but it was a solution. I think it was one of his better decision.

In my opinion, the so-called "Gang of 10" have not offered a solution to end American dependency on foreign oil but rather have capitulated to the obstructionists who want no such solution but do want to impose a social agenda on Americans. In so doing they are undermining any proactive effort to deal with the immediate problem.

The problem could have been at least partially addressed under a McCain administration if he sticks with his stated policies. The Democrats were also leaning that way until the Gang of 10 capitulated to the obstructionists. I have no such confidence that an Obama administration will not also capitulate to the obstructions. In my opinion, refusal to use our own natural resources in lieu of importing such resources from elsewhere is not in the best interest of our country.

And yes, Albuquerque definitely has its attributes. We have been here since 1984 and I have also lived in six other New Mexico towns/cities as well as lot of other places in three other states as well. (My folks moved around a lot and I married a man who got transferred a lot in his work.) Much culture and history here and I have been fortunate enough to share in some of it. My Mom was once made a 'blood brother' of one of the local Native American tribes....mingled the blood and everything. New Mexico is definitely part of who I am.
0 Replies