AMERICAN CONSERVATISM IN 2008 AND BEYOND

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 11:56 am
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

HOW SHALL WE SAVE OUR CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC?

The solution is not to repeatedly sound alarms and repeatedly give the reasons for those alarms. The solution is to impeach President Obama. He is continually transferring wealth from those who earned it to those who have not earned it.

Nowhere in the Constitution has the President, the Congress, or the Judiciary been granted the power to make such wealth transfers. Any of them who make those transfers violate the “supreme law of the land,” and their “oath or affirmation to support this Constitution”"Article VI. They are exercising “the powers not delegated to the United States” and are thereby violating the Constitution"Amendment X. They are committing treason against the United States by “adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort”"Article III. Section 3.

We have to convince those in the House of Representatives, who do not violate their oaths to support the Constitution, to make a motion to impeach President Obama. Failure to take this necessary first step will guarantee the transformation of our country from a Constitutional Republic to a dictatorship.

You're getting ahead of yourself, I think Ican. The President currently has high favorables and large majorities in the House and Senate who don't give a flying fig whether he follows the intent of the Constitution so long as he acquiesces to their wishes and agenda, and so far he has. Impeachment, even if the President could be convicted of high crimes and misdemeanors, which almost certainly is not in the cards, is simply not an option we have right now.

So our job is to keep beating the drum of common sense, the lessons to be learned from history, the probable cause and effect of whatever agenda is out there. We must be like the duck calm and serene on the surface of the water while paddling like hell underneath, and draw more and more away from destructive political agendas and into the light.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 12:37 pm
Gleanings from this morning's e-mail. (I presume this is the same Adrian Rogers who was a long time president of the SBC. If so, I have certainly had my quarrels with his positions on this or that over the years, but he got it right here):

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 12:50 pm
@Foxfyre,
Wow! More than 50 pages with this "email" on google ... since 2008! [Author varies: from Roger Adrian to Dr. Adrian to Dr. Rogers ... .]
Debra Law

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 12:50 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:
We have to convince those in the House of Representatives, who do not violate their oaths to support the Constitution, to make a motion to impeach President Obama. Failure to take this necessary first step will guarantee the transformation of our country from a Constitutional Republic to a dictatorship.

Have you heard the story about the boy who cried "wolf?"
ican711nm

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 01:00 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre's signature: "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers

I agree that impeaching and/or convicting President Obama is currently unachievable given the current mindsets of a majority of Americans. Those mindsets have to change to save our Constitutional Republic. Those mindsets will not be changed by limiting our current efforts to changing them by merely doing what you wrote:

"So our job is to keep beating the drum of common sense, the lessons to be learned from history, the probable cause and effect of whatever agenda is out there. We must be like the duck calm and serene on the surface of the water while paddling like hell underneath, and draw more and more away from destructive political agendas and into the light."

Those duck hunters are approaching rapidly! Time is of the essence!

First things first! We must first make it clear that President Obama has, is, and will probably continue to violate his oath to support the Constitution, if he is not at least threatened with impeachment for doing so.

To paraphrase your signature:
Even if you are on the right RUNWAY, you'll RUN OFF IT, if you just CONTINUE TO TAXI there.

It's time now to lift off and fly before it's too late. We are approaching yonder trees with increasing speed.
ican711nm

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 01:09 pm
@Debra Law,
Yes, I've heard the story about the boy who cried "wolf."

Truth is, he was eaten by a wolf when he grew up and failed to close his door before going to sleep.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 01:12 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Yeah that's the problem with these e-mails. It is quite probable that Adrian Rogers didn't write it at all though it sounds like something he would write. Unfortunately he is no longer with us to verify or dispute it nor is this particular email mentioned in my online urban legends email checkers.

But I posted it as I believe the quotation itself speaks truth.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 01:15 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Foxfyre's signature: "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers

I agree that impeaching and/or convicting President Obama is currently unachievable given the current mindsets of a majority of Americans. Those mindsets have to change to save our Constitutional Republic. Those mindsets will not be changed by limiting our current efforts to changing them by merely doing what you wrote:

"So our job is to keep beating the drum of common sense, the lessons to be learned from history, the probable cause and effect of whatever agenda is out there. We must be like the duck calm and serene on the surface of the water while paddling like hell underneath, and draw more and more away from destructive political agendas and into the light."

Those duck hunters are approaching rapidly! Time is of the essence!

First things first! We must first make it clear that President Obama has, is, and will probably continue to violate his oath to support the Constitution, if he is not at least threatened with impeachment for doing so.

To paraphrase your signature:
Even if you are on the right RUNWAY, you'll RUN OFF IT, if you just CONTINUE TO TAXI there.

It's time now to lift off and fly before it's too late. We are approaching yonder trees with increasing speed.

But what if you can show the duck hunters that what they're shooting at isn't a duck? Perhaps it is too late for education or redirecting all the very wrong thinking out there, but we have to try. To propose political violence for their leader without convincing them of the necessity of that makes us the villains.
ican711nm

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 01:57 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
To propose political violence for their leader without convincing them of the necessity of that makes us the villains.

Huh--"political violence"? Make us the villains? Oh my oh my, we should first negotiate, right? Ha! What makes you think that will work this time? We've got our republic to save. Let's get on with it NOW.

Obama confessed when running for election that he sought to transfer wealth "to make it fair." As an elected and inaugurated President of the United States, he has frequently, in recent weeks, confessed to have begun doing that. That is a violation of his oath to support the Constitution. That is a violation of the Constitution.

It is illegal for him to violate his oath to support the Constitution. It is illegal for him to violate the Constitution. That is sufficient justification for impeaching him NOW.

Why wait? What is there to wait for? We must put pressure on him now to do the right thing. Do you really think your, mine, and every other MAC's revelations of what Obama should do will actually get him to do those thing? I sure don't! We must begin NOW to convince a majority of Americans that Obama must be impeached. If we wait until we are guaranteed to succeed, we will never succeed.

The longer Obama persists in his transfers of wealth, the less wealth there will be to transfer, the less wealth there will be to have, and the more misery he will inflict on more and more Americans.

"Time's a'waistin"

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 02:05 pm
@ican711nm,
Laughing

Yeah time's a wastin but an exercise in futility is still an exercise in futility. What we must do very often is reduced to what we can do. I don't need (or even want) to impeach President Obama. I want to stop him from taking us into certain dangers from which it will be difficult if not impossible to extricate ourselves. That's something I think is possible if enough support can be generated. I do not think impeachment is possible at this time even if it was the best thing for the country and I'm not convinced that it is.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 02:15 pm
@Foxfyre,
You conservatives are so screwed up in your heads, you don't even know what is bad and what is good. Bush broke not only domestic laws but international laws too! Did you know torture is against both domestic and international laws? You had many years to bring on this issue of impeachment, but didn't. What's wrong with you people? Brain dead?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 02:15 pm
In that same department, and much to the consternation of some of the loyal opposition Smile, I've been cleaning extraneous email out of my email today. People from all over the country send me stuff--sometimes 50 to 100 hits of it in a day. And among all the chaff, there was this gem Smile:

Quote:
Dear President Obama,

Thank you for helping my neighbors with their mortgage payments. You know the one's down the street who in the good times refinanced their house several times and bought SUV's, ATV's, RV"s, a pool, a big screen, two Wave Runners and a Harley.

But I was wondering, since I am paying my mortgage and theirs, could you arrange for me to borrow the Harley now and then?

(name withheld)
Queen Creek AZ

P.S. They also need help with their credit cards, when do you want me to start making those payments?

P.P.S. I almost forgot - they didn't file their income tax return this year.
Should I go ahead and file for them or will you be appointing them to cabinet posts?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 02:23 pm
@Foxfyre,
And this is the facts presented by a MAC? LOL There are stupid things going on, but your "gem" is only one of them.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 02:53 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
What we must do very often is reduced to what we can do.

OK! But how can we determine what we can do without first trying to do more than that? I guess it's my engineering mentality. I always aimed at what I wanted to do, then backed off ONLY when I discovered I HAD TO BACK OFF. Sometimes, I didn't have to back off.

Admittedly, my aviation mentality is different. I only try to do what I know will work. But of course, that mentality is heavily influenced by my desire to continue flying. Nonetheless, if I think my airplane has become unairworthy, I can't continue flying until my mechanic fixes it, IF HE CAN.

I think our federal government is broken and needs fixin'. I'm not going to get it fixed it if I merely talk about getting it fixed.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 03:00 pm
@ican711nm,
I think the fact you are missing out on, Ican, is that you don't have what it takes to accomplish what you say has to happen. Neither does your party or ideology.

Cycloptichorn
ican711nm

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 03:24 pm
Quote:

http://www.govtgrantchecks.com/government-grants/robs-story/
Govt Grant Checks
How I got over $12,000 in government money without having to pay back a dime About Me

My name is Rob Miller. This is the story of how my life path changed almost overnight. My wife, Samantha, and I have been married for 5 years. Our two twin daughters, Claudia and Christen, were born 2 years ago and we are grateful for their laughter and presence in our lives. When the economy tumbled, I was laid off by my Company.

Read my full story...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two simple steps!
Federal Government Grant Solutions - Click Here

It’s hard to know where to begin with applying for grants. I did not know until I came across this tool and free CD kit on the Internet. It is an aid to find and apply for grants. The shipping cost me less than 3 bucks and it only took a few days to arrive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Seattle Times on The Stimulus Package and Grants
"The $789 billion compromise worked out by House and Senate negotiators contains a long list of new ways that Americans can receive money from Washington as they struggle through the worsening recession."

" Noam N. Levey, Seattle Times and L.A. Times.

Categories
About Me
Economic Stimulus Bill
Economy
Government Grants
Grants
Tax Refund
Tax Stimulus

Bookmark us
How I Reclaimed Me and My Family’s Lives! February 18, 2009 Yes, this is real. Each year, the US government hands billions of dollars to average citizens like you and I.
Hi - my name is Rob Miller from Georgetown, TX.
This is an actual picture of my grant check! The amount: $12,759.62.

It’s hard to believe, trust me, I was the same way. I have always worked hard for my money, and learned early in age, from my hands-on working class mechanic father- nothing in life is for free.
When Samantha and I got married, we decided to buy a new home together, since we both wanted to have children, we knew our small one-bedroom apartment would not suffice.
I worked extra shifts, and Samantha along with her day job at a day care center, took on night shifts as a waitress at the diner near our apartment.
It took us 2 long years to save up enough for a down payment on our first home together. And a year and half later, our baby girls were born.
We didn’t expect twins, but seeing our two precious children, felt better than anything we had ever felt. But it was stressful. Raising twins is a full time job- Samantha had to quit work and I had to work even harder.
When I lost my job, I couldn’t fathom how I would provide for my family. How we would get through more than a few months without losing our home, cars, health insurance, how we would pay our credit card bills and more.
I turned to my father again. You pick up and find a job-you have a family to support, son.
I looked for work and Samantha went back to being a waitress at night. It broke my heart to hear my girls cry when she was not there to tuck them into bed at night.
With the recession, there was no work. We were blowing through our savings, which were small.
An ex-co worker called me one evening to see how things were. I told him my situation and he asked why I hadn’t applied for government grants.
Grants?
“Yeah, it’s like free money.”
He told me about it, and after hearing free money; I listened, with a skeptical ear.
Free money? No way, I thought to myself.
I told Samantha about it when she got home that night. Tired, she said, “Why don’t you just look into it? I’m sure it won’t hurt.”
A few months later and I’m holding a $12,759.62check. That won’t bounce.
After doing all my research, I found that the US Government has all these free grants available to the public, for different reasons, but many of which often go unclaimed. What was amazing about it was that they aren’t loans; they are checks you never have to pay back, and are funded by different areas of the government and government agencies. There are literally thousands of grants from the federal and state organizations, but it seemed almost impossible to find all of them. That’s when I found the Federal Government Grant Solutions, which is what guided me during such a new process. It went through everything I needed to do to obtain my grant check- in an easy and quick way. At that point, I needed it as quick as I could get it.
Step 1:
Federal Government Grant Solutions
I filled out a short form and paid for the small shipping fee, ($3), and received my tools, the CD and information all came a few days later.
Federal Government Grant Solutions made my life easier. The night I received it, after the twins went to sleep and when Samantha was at work, I went through it all and was able to find the grants that I qualified for. These grants were monetary- real money! And I started envisioning being able to pay our mortgage and credit card debt. I tucked away my father’s voice that nothing in life is for free and decided to give it all a try.
I used Federal Government Grant Solutions to:
Help explain the entire grant process for federal, state, and local grants.
Find massive listings of the actual grants along with where to apply.
Apply and submit for the grants.
Get explanations on all the ins & outs of actually getting the grants.
It saved me time and money- two things that were high in value and priority for me.
Step Two: Checks in the Mail: Yes, they really came.
It took a week after I had applied for everything to receive my checks. My first check was for about $500 and as the weeks went on, the amounts increased. The next was for about $4500, and my most recent, after about a month and a half for $12,759.62. Samantha did not need to keep waitressing and was able to care for the kids again, and I was able to spend time finding a job, and the stress of making sure we would survive was lifted off our shoulders.
Federal Government Grant Solutions was our solution to taking charge of our lives again, instead of misfortune and debt controlling us. It proved to me that some things in life are for free. We have been happier, less stressed and can continue on with our lives. And my dad did once say, “happiness should never cost a thing.”
You can check out the free grants here.
Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.

ican711nm

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 03:34 pm
@ican711nm,
http://obama.3cdn.net/8335008b3be0e6391e_foi8mve29.pdf
BARACK OBAMA'S PLAN TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 03:41 pm
@ican711nm,
This is where I depart from how Obama is spending the money; I think he's emphasizing temporary fixes with social programs over long term fixes by creating jobs.

The immediate need of Americans are jobs and more jobs; not handouts that will not even help with our GDP. We're losing at the rate of over 100,000 jobs every week; we need to stop this bleeding soon, or our whole country will go down the shite hole.
hamburger

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 04:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
c.i. wrote :

Quote:
The immediate need of Americans are jobs and more jobs; not handouts that will not even help with our GDP. We're losing at the rate of over 100,000 jobs every week; we need to stop this bleeding soon, or our whole country will go down the shite hole.

sounds good , but :
- i think it will take some time (months ?) to determine what jobs have more than a short-term future ,
- will people want to buy the products being produced or services provided (perhaps even through taxation or user-fees) ?
- are there trained people to handle those jobs ?
- is there sufficient financing in place to complete the jobs once started ?

while there is a very sick patient , the doctors would be well advised to ensure that a correct diagnosis has been made before starting the operation .

isn't there perhaps a bit of impatience right now (both in the U.S. and in canada) ?
i don't think the slogan : "do something , ANYTHING ! ' , will serve us well .
i think that was part of the problem that got the world economies into trouble : "i don't want to wait , i want it NOW ! " .
hbg
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 04:15 pm
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:

Buffett's own performance in the market over the past few years is no example of an economic genius -- he's lost 67% of his worth in bad investments. If he's going to predict the future and bolster his own credibility, he'd better take off the Swami turban and step away from his clouded crystal ball considering that worse than average example of personal economic performance.

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
- Leo Tolstoy

I think you would have a very difficult time demonstrating that Warren Buffet's investments and the strategy behind them has been "worse than avarage". Worse than the average what??? Over what period of time???
0 Replies