AMERICAN CONSERVATISM IN 2008 AND BEYOND

okie

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:11 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

A lot of incoherent blather from POM in a failed attempt to find a contradiction in what okie wrote.

Perhaps you need some remedial education.
Agreed. In regard to the concept of God having something to do with this country, some of us have tried to educate, and I do so again, a quote from the Declaration of Independence, to pom, parados, Rockhead, and other like thinkers, george :

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

Incredibly, at least one of the above posters has argued that the "creator" is not necessarily "God." How does one talk reason with such folks? I have almost concluded that it is impossible, george.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:14 pm
@okie,
Quote:

Incredibly, at least one of the above posters has argued that the "creator" is not necessarily "God." How does one talk reason with such folks? I have almost concluded that it is impossible, george.

Well, I was created by my parents. I have evidence that this is true.

I don't have any evidence that anyone else created me. Is the concept really that ridiculous to understand?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:22 pm
@okie,
Quote:
For those just now beginning to get acquainted with parados and his arguments, this is from the guy that claimed he milked cows twice a day from the age of 7 years old, and that he and brother were baling and stacking hay together at the ages of 8 and 10.
I don't know that lying about what I have said will be much of a diversion from your lies. But then you tried this once before and ended up admitting you were wrong then as well.
parados

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:23 pm
@okie,
So, are you GOD okie because you are the creator of the post I am responding to?
parados

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:26 pm
@parados,
Okie's use of language is kind of funny.
"Creator" always means "God" but "wreck" and "ruin" never mean "destroy"

By the way okie.. Do you want to argue you never said Obama was trying to destroy this country? We can play this game again if you want. Okie says something then okie denies he said it.
okie

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:38 pm
@parados,
Sure, go ahead, provide the quotes in question and we can discuss them again, so that hopefully you can gain a better understanding of what I might have said.
plainoldme

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 09:16 pm
@parados,
I'm surprised that okie remembers what you said about milking cows. He remembers so little. What do you think made that one statement of yours stand out in his memory?
okie

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2011 12:49 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Quote:
For those just now beginning to get acquainted with parados and his arguments, this is from the guy that claimed he milked cows twice a day from the age of 7 years old, and that he and brother were baling and stacking hay together at the ages of 8 and 10.
I don't know that lying about what I have said will be much of a diversion from your lies. But then you tried this once before and ended up admitting you were wrong then as well.
Oh yeah, I did not have that exactly right. You said you milked cows from the age of 7 until you were about 16, and you and your brother were 9 and 10 years old, not 8 and 10. That obviously changes everything and makes your claims credible, ha ha, parados.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2011 12:51 pm
@okie,
So okie.. You want to turn this into your own personal thread about how okie lies?
Do you admit that you stated Obama was destroying this country?
Do you admit that you denied you ever said Obama was destroying this country?

When you answer the 2 questions then we can look at all your statements along that line and show that you are willing to lie to further your agenda.
okie

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2011 01:23 pm
@parados,
I already told you to go ahead, provide the quotes in question and we can discuss them again, so that hopefully you can gain a better understanding of what I might have said. So far, I see nothing out of you.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 10:10 am
@plainoldme,
It probably was the fact that he learned milk comes from cows. He dident know it till this post. Even a dimwit like okie can learn something from this foram.
okie

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 10:49 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
I already told you to go ahead, provide the quotes in question and we can discuss them again, so that hopefully you can gain a better understanding of what I might have said. So far, I see nothing out of you.
Nothing out of parados. Silence.
Parados makes accusations of lying, and then moves on to shoot up other threads with more of his lawyerly innuendos aimed at conservatives. One of his fellow liberals called it a term, I believe "niggling." I looked up the definition and it seems pretty appropriate.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/niggle
"1. To be preoccupied with trifles or petty details.
2. To find fault constantly and trivially; carp."
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 10:51 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

okie wrote:
Nothing out of parados. Silence.
Parados makes accusations of lying, and then moves on to shoot up other threads with more of his lawyerly innuendos aimed at conservatives. One of his fellow liberals called it a term, I believe "niggling." I looked up the definition and it seems pretty appropriate.

The last time you challenged him to provide quotes on this issue, he did and you ended up looking foolish and admitting that you had in fact said those things. I would exercise caution here if I were you - if only for the fact that too much preening on your part might cause me to go find the posts for him.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 11:14 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cyclo, You would just be wasting your time. How often has someone cut and paste okie's posts to show what he said after denying it? It's ingrained in him; and he is not going to change. That's a fact. You can bet your life on it.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 11:41 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
The last time you challenged him to provide quotes on this issue, he did and you ended up looking foolish and admitting that you had in fact said those things. I would exercise caution here if I were you - if only for the fact that too much preening on your part might cause me to go find the posts for him.
Cycloptichorn
Be my guest, cyclops, I am not ashamed of anything I have written. Parados even started a new thread "Okie Knows Farming" in an effort to discredit me, but all he did was discredit himself, or at least cast huge doubts about his claims. For example, I would love to ask anyone that grew up on a farm as I did, if they would believe his claims that he milked cows twice a day from the age of 7 to about 16, and that he and his brother at the ages of 9 and 10 were baling and stacking hay by themselves.

You claimed he provided quotes and made me look foolish, but that is not the way I remembered it. I remember it as him as mostly trying to twist what I said out of context. There might have been an instance of me using a word that I had forgotten, which I think I acknowledged. Big deal, do you remember every word you've used on this forum?

Anyway, go ahead and dig up old quotes, I would be more than happy to discuss what has been said.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 11:45 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Cycloptichorn
Be my guest, cyclops, I am not ashamed of anything I have written. Parados even started a new thread "Okie Knows Farming" in an effort to discredit me, but all he did was discredit himself, or at least cast huge doubts about his claims. For example, I would love to ask anyone that grew up on a farm as I did, if they would believe his claims that he milked cows twice a day from the age of 7 to about 16, and that he and his brother at the ages of 9 and 10 were baling and stacking hay by themselves.

I never bothered to go to that thread because I don't know **** about what farm life is like for kids. But, you don't recall being forced to apologize after Parados did indeed find evidence that you had said things you directly claimed you didn't?

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 11:52 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I edited my above post since you quoted it. Here is the pertinent point after my edit:
Quote:
You claimed he provided quotes and made me look foolish, but that is not the way I remembered it. I remember it as him as mostly trying to twist what I said out of context. There might have been an instance of me using a word that I had forgotten, which I think I acknowledged. Big deal, do you remember every word you've used on this forum?

Anyway, go ahead and dig up old quotes, I would be more than happy to discuss what has been said.
plainoldme

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 06:56 pm
@RABEL222,
I love your post about how okie learned where milk comes from. Wink Laughing Cool Exclamation
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 06:57 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Maybe okie enjoys looking foolish.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 07:46 pm
@plainoldme,
pom, It's way beyond foolish.