What do I Notice?>

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 08:51 am
I have the benefit of not living in the diabolical US, but in open, freindly, and completely honest Canada, where the beavers keep us up to date on any possible 'ends of the world's that might be pending. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 08:55 am
chaiyah wrote:
"scientific relevance" is merely a chronic lack of curiosity or wonder.

Scientists are the most curious people in the world. That's what makes them such wonderful contributors to the global community. I know that when I speak to IRL friends who are scientists, they are often giddy with the wonder of what they are discovering, or the wonder of the next question.

You have to go a long way to get something past a scientist, because if they're interested, they'll do the research and find out what's going on.

Good luck with your 'job', chaiyah. I hope it brings you joy as well as a way to support yourself.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:06 am
ehBeth is protected by the same 'beavers'! Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:08 am
Thanks for makin' sure we're safe, BoGoWo Very Happy
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:11 am
I don't believe we just added Beavers to our list of possible information sources.

Weren't these discussions bizarre enough already? Wink
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:12 am
Re: Those who speak from cynicism and ridicule ....
chaiyah wrote:
...Don't just throw it away because you don't want to bother verifying your facts or delving into conspiracies..

Pot meet Kettle. Kettle, Pot.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:14 am
bogo & wenchi...LMAO!!! Laughing
0 Replies

chaiyah

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:15 am
NASA manipulates their data, Monger, to make it comply with their preconceived notions.

Check out the differences between BadAstronomy and cyberspaceorbit, and you will see that the conventional astronomers have blinders on.

Same with USGS. The European earthquake site logged eight quakes over magnitude 5 yesterday; but the IRIS Seismic Monitor, fed by USGS, only records five of them.

The satellite monitoring station of the Navy puts up an animation of sunspots, and puts them completely out of chron order; so that it represents ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, in terms of what the Sun is actually manifesting in the sequence of time.

And on and on. Discrepancies, omissions and deletions are all over the fabric of supposedly scientific data. And you want somebody to believe these jerk-offs? Impossible to believe, they are.

"He who is faithful in what is little, is faithful also in much."

I cannot condone these errors and omissions, especially since they become the basis for policy, somewhere down the line.

You wanna be gullible, boys, you go right ahead!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:18 am
Monger wrote:
According to what Chai has presented the impact with earth will be sometime around the 26th of September.

Egad !! And we are having a A2K LOndon meet on September 26 in honor of Piffka.

Do we need to prepone ???
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:23 am
"Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish that man would go away."
Hughes Mearns (1875-1965)
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:25 am
G;

just wear 'ear muffs'
and you'll be fine!

(blinders might help, as well)
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:26 am
ross;

he must be a figment of your 'machinations'! Laughing
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 01:01 pm
chaiyah wrote:
NASA manipulates their data, Monger, to make it comply with their preconceived notions.

Oh fer crying out loud, Chai! SOHO data is not so easy to manipulate that you can just mention such a notion in passing and expect to be taken seriously. SOHO is a cooperative effort between both NASA and the European Space Agency. It's run in the framework of both of the Solar Terrestrial Science Program and the International Solar-Terrestrial Physics Program. Japan is also behind its research. The SOHO spacecraft was built in Europe by large engineering teams and more than 200 investigators from many institutions supported development and preparation for its operations and data analysis. Many thousands of professional & amateur astronomers around the world are highly motivated to constantly study & validate its data. A conspiracy of the magnitude you suggest is preposterous & beyond all logic!

But if your belief is strong enough to negate all that in your mind (this obviously wasn't the case when you were posting SOHO's photos to support your theory), do us all a favor & go buy yourself a friggin' backyard telescope & verify it for yourself! Rolling Eyes

On the other hand, there have been a number of well-documented cases of conspiracy nuts flagrantly manipulating SOHO data to support their lunacy. See How to make your own UFO for one example.

You say you want everyone to "look up at the sky" and then hang all your arguments on photos. If you'd bother to honestly take your own advice, you'd see, in an instant, that the photos are just bad pics. (But no wait, the aliens control who sees the Rouge Sun/Comet/Planet X where and when, right?)

You get huffy when people point out the fallacies in your "reasoning". You even admit you're no expert, yet at the same time won't accept the word of any expert. You can't have it both ways, that expertise is something of value (or at least to take note of) and then simply dismiss it out of hand. Reasoning with you is essentially the same as talking to a wall.

One more thing, using your own website to make your case is poor arguing at best. You're the one making the outlandish claims. It's up to you to back them up with independent observations and analysis from reputable sources.

I truly sympathize if this is impossible because every government and astronomer in the world is against you.
0 Replies

chaiyah

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 02:54 pm
...They're not against -ME- They're afraid to publish what is really TRUE!
...If they publish what is true, people might get scared!
...And what would that do to the Stock Market?
...If they show all the cometary debris coming at us, people might panic? And then, who'd go to WalMart and buy more stuff?
....If they told us how many quakes there actually are and the factor of increase, people might start demanding the option to mobilize, to move to safer places--and what would that do to land values?
....If they told us about the UFOs that have come here for the last fifty years--they would also have to explain why our own space program is silenced!
....This is not about anybody against ME--DUMMY!--it's about the USCoverment being afraid of the people because they've been lying, deceiving, concealing data and playing tricks on us for so long!
....The Rich who got "in-the-know" have been playing a game with us for decades; and now the Big Lie is about to get exposed.
....And I pray CONSTANTLY for that day, when the LIE finally comes to conscious realization--how power and money brought down the United States Constitution.
....What a drama, eh?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 03:51 pm
Actually, power and money *might* be bringing down the US Constitution, but it's not being hidden from anyone, it's all right out in the open. It's called soft money and hard money, and it's why everyone wants "election reform". It's just that nobody can figure out how to control contributions without infringing on freedom of speech (The Supreme Court is about to take up this issue. Should be interesting).

And speaking of freedom of speech and freedom of the presss, these things are exactly why suppression of information as you describe is virtually impossible.

Then there's the fact that conspiratorial systems themselves are inherently unstable. The more people you add to the system, the more leaks you get. And the more information you try to suppress, the more there is to leak. When conspiracies get too large, they burst due to natural internal pressure.

Have a nice day
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 04:05 pm
<sigh> so what exactly is the military and the government supposed to do? Go on CNN, publish all their secrets on the internet, so terrorists can get more good ideas? Please...enough has been let out already.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 04:43 pm
It is archetypal Mars I tell you/

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsreid.html
0 Replies

chaiyah

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 05:53 pm
...Terrorists? WE--America--ARE the terrorists, against every nation that doesn't suck up to our economic policies and currency devaluations.
...We have bought terrorism--lock, stock and barrel.
...It is profitable for us to pursue terrorism. Dont' you know, how MANY ways there are to make moneyk off the "fight against terrorism"?
...America is now in the "DEATH and DESTRUCTION" business, didn't you realize that?
...Our "leaders" are deeply invested in Carlyle, TRW, CDC, IBM, Northrop and all the munitions companies.
...They make a percentage OFF THE TOP!
...And our working class is their cannon fodder!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:30 pm
Gautam wrote:
Monger wrote:
According to what Chai has presented the impact with earth will be sometime around the 26th of September.

Egad !! And we are having a A2K LOndon meet on September 26 in honor of Piffka.

Do we need to prepone ???

Ai-yi-yi-yi, yi-yi.
0 Replies

chaiyah

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 12:13 am
...I didn't say that nor imply it, nor anything.
...Who's putting words in my mouth?
...That's not cricket.
...I have no way of knowing when anything occurs. For all I know, this cluster of comets will just zoom right past us.
...Don't make stuff up and attribute it to me!
...Makes me mad.
0 Replies