What do I Notice?>

chaiyah

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:03 am
What I notice, is being patronized.

What I notice is, no one is dealing with the topic sentence.

What I know about the subject of astronomy is limited.

What I can determine from the photos is very limited--

1. The professional observatory has caught on its cam a body which clearly is not the sun nor the moon, nor Mars, nor Jupiter, nor Mercury.

2. It has caught that image somewhat consistently.

3. Astronomers at that observatory are not writing about it; neither is Kent Steadman at cyberspaceorbit nor Phil at BadAstronomy.

4. It's a non subject except for sites like Nancy Leider's Zeta-talk.

5. As a "NON-subject" for discussion, the issue becomes, who would really know and how do we get that person to discuss the relevancy of this Intruder into the national discussion--where the only talk is about Mars, as if Mars were this large and this prominent and this obvious.

6. Why would the press prefer to talk about the Administration's prosecution of unlimited war, rather than talk about a natural phenomenon that is probably going to influence or affect every living being on the planet?

7. Why is silence being used as the tool to direct knowledge away from this object? --the same silence that squanders our questions about the morality of war; plunders our questions about its cost; and trashes our perceptions we are being lied to, deceived, tricked and fooled.

Those are MY issues. You can talk about the pictures from now until the cows come home. But, what I came here to discuss was the treachery and duplicity of media domination and manipulation in the face of such a wondrous and potentially-terrible object.

I'm still at the beginning of my thread, and you have not moved me an inch. No, it has been a very annoying experience, to be talked over and talked around and summarily ignored when we get to the real issue.

: )
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,679 • Replies: 96
No top replies

chaiyah

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:07 am
Mars is visible in the evening--not in the early am.

email received this morning.
------------------------

It is 1:30 AM and I have just returned from a spectacular astronomical party with 5,000 of my closest friends.

As we all know, Mars is at its closest to Earth in at least 60,000 years. Just having the knowledge of this special event was exciting enough. But what was far more intriguing to this writer, was the people themselves. This event reminded me of a scene from the movie "Close Encounter of the Third Kind". It was the scene when the main character played by Richard Dreyfus, was chasing a UFO. When he came rushing around a blind corner, he came to a sudden stop. When he did, he saw people from all walks of life doing exactly what he was.

Tonight at the local community college here in San Antonio, Texas, the local 'San Antonio Astronomer Association held a 'viewing party' in a very large parking lot. As I arrived, the first thing that struck me were the people who felt so moved to come out in the middle of the night to view a historical event.

There were people in their 70's and 80's. Some with walkers and wheelchairs. Children of all ages. Teenagers who were more interested in the 10" telescopes, then the cute girls/boys of their peers, or doing typical adolescent prankster behavior. Couples, singles, families, pets, people in the military. In short, every possible demographic you can imagine. It was wonderful. It gave me a true sense of community. It was what I saw, felt, sensed, in my 'vision'. People were united with everyone's attention on something outside ourselves, rather than focusing or measuring one against the other. The atmosphere was what I believe will occur as the earth changes escalate. When events unfold that are out of our control, we will be humbled. I believe it is when events unfold that are not at the hand of our fellow man, we as a human race, have a great chance of joining together as one.

I have always believed it is the earth changing events that will 'develop' communities, not break them apart. It was as though all 5,000 of us had one singleness of purpose. Perhaps that 'purpose', or draw, was something we all felt at a cellular level. Perhaps we feel a ancestral connection to Mars. Is it not possible through millions of years in evolution that some how, some way, we are more connected to Mars then one might think!

This Friday, astronomer clubs all around the world will have organized viewing parties. I suggest go!!!! Take the kids, take the pets, take your parents, take your friends, hell take your enemies. Simply call your local astronomer club, or your local television station, or your local College or University, and find out where the viewing will be held. Everybody take a nap Friday afternoon or evening, then go out around 10, 11, 12 midnight. For you hard core's, and those who do not like crowds, go around 3, 4, or 5 PM. Each facility will be open around the clock. (unless otherwise stated). Take your cameras. Many of the amateur astronomers have set up their 6", 8" 10", even 14" telescopes in the area where you will go. They are excited to show your what they see and know. Don't be shy, they absolutely love it. The more questions you have, the better.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:27 am
That's great news about Mars, and very inspiring too.

I'm sorry we got sidetracked on the other discussion thread, from
talking about "Maybe the war is really just a ruse."
My apologies, as I get carried away sometimes.

I hope the events involving Mars help people to come together
in a very nice way, and change the world for the better!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 01:48 pm
I was looking at Mars last night. It was very bright. Tonight I think I'll try setting up my telescope on the desk and see how clear an image I can get.

I also have some star tracking software which should drive the scope. I just hope I have a long enough cable to get from the 'puter to the 'scope.

Should be fun. Smile

Take care,
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 02:21 pm
Re: What do I Notice?>
chaiyah wrote:

What I can determine from the photos is very limited--

1. The professional observatory has caught on its cam a body which clearly is not the sun nor the moon, nor Mars, nor Jupiter, nor Mercury.

I'm sorry, but statement #1 is incorrect. The body in the picture is definitely the moon. Substantial evidence has been provided to corroborate this fact.

We have demonstrated this. Why do you still think it's an unknown object?

Since there *is* no unknown object, and all your other items are based on #1, then each of them becomes an illogical association. Why would the media comment on something like this?

chaiyah wrote:

7. Why is silence being used as the tool to direct knowledge away from this object? --the same silence that squanders our questions about the morality of war; plunders our questions about its cost; and trashes our perceptions we are being lied to, deceived, tricked and fooled.

There is no object. There is no silence regarding its lack of existence, and there is no silence regarding the other issues you site. People talk about the morality and costs of war all the time. The news is flooded with it.

chaiyah wrote:

Those are MY issues. You can talk about the pictures from now until the cows come home. But, what I came here to discuss was the treachery and duplicity of media domination and manipulation in the face of such a wondrous and potentially-terrible object.

I'm sorry that it's frustrating for you to have people disagree with your conclusions, but I thought that was why you were presenting them here, so we could evaluate them.

If the object doesn't exist, then how can there be "treachery and duplicity of media domination and manipulation" with regard to it?

And if there's no media treachery, and we already know that people discuss war (Iraq and others) all the time, what exactly are you worried about?

Take care,
0 Replies

chaiyah

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 03:42 pm
No, it's not.
No, it's not the moon. The moon is "new" tonight; and the morning of the 25th, it was such a thin sliver, there was no way it could show up as a full moon.

No, it's not Mars. Mars shows up at 9pm at the other horizon.

No, It's not Mercury. It's much larger than Mercury.

No, it's not Jupiter. Jupiter if it were that close, would be identifiable by its stripes and spot--not plain shining white.

No, you're toying with us, pretending you know something. Pretending is not the same thing as being an authority or being knowledgeable.

I'm not falling for it because you are--if not simply mistaken--bent on misinforming our audience.

I would hate to accuse anyone of that; but if the shoe fits, wear it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:23 pm
Oh no, it's the DEATH STAR!

http://galactic-voyage.com/images/SW%20pics/Star%20Wars/ties%20&%20death%20star%20(2).jpg
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:40 pm
Hal? Is that you? Cool
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:49 pm
Id concur...must be the Death Star
other than it it could only be...
well, hate to say it
a large asteroid bound to destroy the Earth.
Its either the begining of judgement day for all of us...
or heck
a bad movie plot.

Lets get Spielberg on the phone...hes got to have some answers.

It could be the Space Station...perhaps they have high tech killer lazers on board and will single us out for destruction.
Crazy scientists and their new gene splicing stuff.
0 Replies

chaiyah

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 08:26 pm
Frame of Reference
http://www.abidemiracles.com/3334.htm

This oughta help clear things up, just as soon as I get it up there.

Very Happy

Correct file location, in case this doesn't work, is

http://www.abidemiracles.com/3334.htm
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 09:32 am
Chaiyah, after that, all I can say is that you really need to seek psychological help.

For cripe sakes, a solar system simulator?
0 Replies

chaiyah

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 10:52 am
Yes, a simulator--as if 8/27
Ha ha. The people who need psychological help are those who can't focus or respond to a topic question or issue.

That simulator is accurate enough, to display current circumstances with a good measure of accuracy.

Take your presumptive superiority and stuff it.

: ) chai
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 08:41 pm
Chai, I think that this is going to cost you a doughnut in addition to my coffee.
With twenty million people within eyeshot of the object in question I suspect that somebody would have squealed. A secret kept by twenty million people probably would not have been kept secret very long.
Much more obscure things show up often in the Enquirer and the Sun (tabloids) daily.
As a mechanist I'd put my money on a speck of fly poop or similar substance on the lens of the webcam, or the window that it peers through.
On Aug 16, 2003 I was driving on interstate 84 and the NY State Thruway. As is my wont I was looking for sailplanes in the air.(There is a sailplane club near Port Jervis and I often look for sailplanes, a touch enviously I might add. I love my sailboat but one that went up and down also would be even more fun.
There is a fair possibility (scattered showers that day) that one of us in the car would have seen the object. We didn't. Apparently neither did any of the other twenty million people there. So, maybe it exists, but only as an optical fault.
We can live with that!!! Good evening, Mech
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:04 pm
Stradee wrote:
Hal? Is that you? Cool

2010 "The Year We Make Contact"
Hal........
Dave........
Surprised
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:16 pm
Am I not correct in thinking that when the moon is but a sliver as shown in the photograph, it is still visible to most if not all locations in the United States (and world) at the same time as the earth's rotation progresses through the various time zones?

It seems to me that common sense would tell me that if there were a "new" object or body visible in the sky, that the object or body would also have the same or similar properties of visibility as the earth's rotation progresses through the various time zones.

If someone disputes this conclusion, please give me examples of other objects in space that are visible to only one small observatory on our planet and nowhere else.
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:58 pm
husker wrote:
Stradee wrote:
Hal? Is that you? Cool

2010 "The Year We Make Contact"
Hal........
Dave........
Surprised

OPEN THE POD BAY DOORS, HAL!
0 Replies

chaiyah

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:35 am
What is approaching the earth from "out there"?
You're buyin' . : ) Got this one this morning from Panama

http://www.abidemiracles.com/images/webcam0905.bmp

People want to know what's TRUE, not what astronomers' opinions and biases are.

Some of us are "up-to-here" with pretensions.

0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 09:29 am
Re: No, it's not.
chaiyah, regarding UCLA's photos over Mt. Wilson, wrote:
No, it's not the moon. The moon is "new" tonight; and the morning of the 25th, it was such a thin sliver, there was no way it could show up as a full moon.

Chai, as you've already demonstrated elsewhere, you're quite devoid of a clue when it comes to photography & astronomy. (hint: earthshine illuminates the dark side of the moon in many overexposed photos.) Here's one more example of an overexposed thin sliver of the moon...

http://home.iprimus.com.au/rsims/pics/gs-moonscape02.jpg
Quote:
The Crescent Moon During Twilight
This photo is an example of the brilliant colours you get when photographing at twilight. The crescent moon is greatly overexposed.
That's from a collection of cool lunar pictures this guy took.

I've already posted other examples of overexposed cresent moons on one of the other threads you started 'bout the Mt. Wilson webcam pics: "If this photo is real, what does that say about Media?"

chaiyah wrote:
I'm not falling for it because you are--if not simply mistaken--bent on misinforming our audience.

The feeling is quite reciprocal.

chaiyah wrote:
You're buyin' . : ) Got this one this morning from Panama

People want to know what's TRUE, not what astronomers' opinions and biases are.
Some of us are "up-to-here" with pretensions.

If you're ever prepared to concede the overwhelming evidence that's been provided by other members & I illustrates the fact that "planet X" in the Mt. Wilson photos is really just an overexposed cresent moon, only then will I be willing to discuss this latest pic of yours. Sorry to be so brusque about it, it's just that at the moment I believe your feelings on "planet x" are so strongly based on your blind faith & dedication to the cause of spreading "The Truth" you will refuse to accept one iota of other ideas of what this one may be, if it is in fact an undoctored photograph.
0 Replies

chaiyah

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 09:41 am
What is "planet X"?????? Who the hell cares?
I have no expectations about finding any sort of body with the neon sign plastered across its front, "Planet X". Okay?

I don't PRETEND to know what's out there and what's coming at us.

But so long as you astronomers THINK YOUR ONLY RESPONSIBILITY is to call the rest of us liars; to accuse the rest of us with manipulating photographs; to assert that whatever we are seeing is in our own minds, and anybody is crazy who sees anything except what has already been documented by the astronomical priesthood--

then your credibility is going to continue to be zero.

If all you do is accuse, accuse, accuse, you're not much of an astronomer.

Astronomers explain what occurs; they don't demand that what occurs meet their prior expectations.

Evidently, you don't understand what "science" is either FOR or ABOUT, young man.

http://www.abidemiracles.com/lollipop0905_0834.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 09:53 am
chaiyah - perhaps other posters might be more accepting of some of your suggestions for the things you believe you have observed if you could back them up with science. Condescending to monger with your 'young man' comment isn't going to convince me (i was going to say anyone, but it's better to stick with what i know) that you're right and he's wrong. His science is strong on this.

Why do you feel it is appropriate to post the same theory again and again in philosophy? Do you think people with backgrounds in various sciences won't notice the posts?

You have indicated previously that there are other sites where your beliefs are understood and accepted. Perhaps it would be less frustrating for you to discuss these things with more like-minded people.
0 Replies