Your renamed-for-the-offseason Super Bowl 'prediction thread

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 12:37 pm
Seahawks vs Packers at Green Bay next weekend. I don't think Seattle has a prayer, but one never knows...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 12:55 pm
I'm still levitating.

I wasn't up on all of the twists and turns and we went to the bar for just the second half, didn't get why all the Packers fans there (there were a lot of them) were so subdued about all the great stuff going on. (98 yard run by Ahman Green!!) I was just deliriously happy, but I thought at that point that even if the Vikings won, if the Packers won too they had a wildcard berth.

Then (the captions were on thank goodness) I saw one of the commentators say something about how even if the Packers won this game, it was all over if the Vikings won, and I was like WHAT?? Then my attention snapped over to the Vikings game -- two minutes left, Vikings up 17-6. ACK!! Then the crazy stuff started happening.

So I really got the best of it -- enjoyed almost all of the Packers game not knowing that it was quite possibly futile, and then watched the end of the Vikings game knowing that everything (for the Packers) depended on it. Our Packers section of the bar was standing for that last stretch, and there was a whole lotta yelling, jumping, high-fiving and hugging at the end. And my poor dad slumped on the table in the middle of it all. Lots of conciliatory handshakes and backpats for him, too, though.

Amazing.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 04:01 pm
What are the possibilities of seeing a WildCard SuperBowl Question
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 04:28 pm
Titans over Bawlimore (Ravens have won the last five meetings).

Colts over Broncos (Denver can't do it twice).

Pack over 'Hawks. Uh, Favre.

Panthers over Cowpokes. Parcells grinds his teeth to dust.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 04:30 pm
Titans, Broncos, Pack and Boys..............
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 02:53 am
Perfect TV timing Soz! Good for you!

Green Bay (-7)
Indy (-3)
Tennessee (+1)
Dallas (+3)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 06:18 pm
Damn, I forget who I'm favororing. Bali'more, I think. Great game, so far.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 09:28 pm
Ima gon' be two-fer-two.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 10:26 pm
Nice start PDiddie... Hope you took a par on um! :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 10:58 am
I can watch at least the second half. (Enormously relieved sigh.) Probably won't be able to watch the whole thing, though. :-(
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:03 am
I have never liked the Cowboys. But, I have to give Parcel his due. He got them in the playoffs again. A few key improvements could put them in contention for the Superbowl next year.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:07 am
I'm about to walk down to the end of my block, ride the new Metro train into downtown Houston (about 20 minutes) and watch some me mo' football.

Go Packers and Brett. Go Colts and Peyton.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:15 am
I still haven't seen the trains, PDiddie. I would first need to drive to a park and ride, then find the embarking point. It's a long way from Tomball, where we are still awaiting normal bus service.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:42 am
Come on Soz, you can do better. Keep trying girl... and Goooooooooooooo Pack! Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:47 am
20 degrees in Green Bay. Can't figure out if there is any snow on the ground. (A lot here, still coming down.) This will probably be a running game, Ahman vs. Alexander. Hopefully it will have a slow start... we'll see.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PACK!!!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:49 am
Green Bay 27 - Seattle 17
Denver 21 - Indianapolis 20
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:50 am
I think it will be a lower score than that in the GB/ Seattle game. I like the point differential, though! :-D
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:57 am
Ladies and Gentleman... Put your Cheese on!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:01 pm
Great, a balmy day in Green Bay. That should be good for the Packers. Let the game begin!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 01:39 pm
I reckon I''m happy. Seattle started out well, throwing the Packers off balance a bit. But we seem to be okay, now. What I found cool was how, when GB scored the TD, there was no strutting around. In fact, Favre raced down the field to embrace his receiver.
0 Replies