Your renamed-for-the-offseason Super Bowl 'prediction thread

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 08:41 pm
Just a gentle reminder in case you people forgot ol' Gustav's prediction...

Quote:
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:51 pm Post: 517062

I'll have to disagree with you, PDiddie. I'm looking at a Panthers vs. Patriots Superbowl.

Defense wins championships.

And, to take it one step farther.... I'll predict a Panthers victory in the Big Dance.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 08:47 pm
The Eagles had almost as much success as the Colts had.

All the great football played in the weeks leading up to the championship games, and what we get today is two sloppy mistake-filled tilts.

BTW, nice call, gustav.

I can't go along with your Panthers pick, though...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 09:02 pm
You still haven't learned, have you grasshopper?

Listen to Gustav. Mortgage your house. Gustav will make you a rich man.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 09:58 pm
I've predicted for weeks that New England will win the Superbowl. I am very impressed with Carolina and may have to eat crow - But I don't really think so.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 10:14 am
SOOOOOOOOOPER BOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal. Ty Law was a maniac. We're going to Houston, and God(aka, Bill Belichick) will lead the Pats to bringing home the trophy.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 10:18 am
The Pats are gone down the drain, if Brady should break one or both of his legs in the game!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 10:57 am
Was there a single holding call flagged in either game?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 11:20 am
cjhsa wrote:
Was there a single holding call flagged in either game?

Don't recall! Drunk
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 11:41 am
The "let the boys play" stance by the officials was a bit out of hand. The O-lines of all four teams were tackling defenders, and the cornerbacks were holding the wideouts way down the field and there were no calls. Pretty sad really.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 12:13 pm
Who the hell wants to see the Panthers in the superbowl? I'm seriously considering skipping the whole damn thing this year. Unless Britney is doing some naked thing during halftime. THAT could make it worthwhile.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 12:46 pm
I thought they were two pretty well played games this weekend. Can't wait to watch teh Pats whoop up on Carolina. Wink

Kicky, the half-time entertainment this year is Janet Jackson. Halftime might be a good time to wash dishes or change the oil in the car or something. lol
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 03:07 pm
Fox broadcast the entire first half of the Panthers/Eagles in my area in HD with no booth announcer or on field sound. You could only hear the crowd. Unreal. I called my Dad in Florida and he said his feed was just fine. Then I found out that FOX completely dropped the fourth quarter on some cable systems around the country. Fox Sports SUCKS!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 03:23 pm
Two defensive teams playing the superbowl presents an interesting problem. It seems to me that in this situation it comes down to enthusiasm vs experience. The Pats will win.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 07:21 pm
I'm afraid it's going to be monumentally boring.

Carolina shut down the Rams and the Eagles, so they can shut down anybody.

New England probably has the best schemes, the best coaching, and basically the best defense in the league.

By a hair over the Panthers.

The edge has to go to the Pats, simply because they've done it before.

(Sheez, wake me when it's over...)
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 09:33 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Fox broadcast the entire first half of the Panthers/Eagles in my area in HD with no booth announcer or on field sound. You could only hear the crowd. Unreal. I called my Dad in Florida and he said his feed was just fine. Then I found out that FOX completely dropped the fourth quarter on some cable systems around the country. Fox Sports SUCKS!

Hmmm.. I had a few drop-outs on my HD feed on FOX but it didn't drop completely. I'd have been waaaaayyy pissed if it had.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:24 am
There's only two things wrong with Fox Sports.

The audio and the video.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 05:50 pm
A stranger-than-usual media day yesterday at the site of the Super Bowl:

Quote:
Two weeks may seem like an eternity of hype for fans waiting for Sunday's Super Bowl.

To Stephen Davis, Carolina's powerful running back, and Tedy Bruschi, New England's hard-hitting linebacker, the time off is a godsend.

``It helped out a whole lot,'' Davis said, ``just being able to rest and get treatment. That was a big advantage to me.''

The condition of the two stars was one of the few serious subjects amid the frenzy and foolishness that is Super Bowl media day.

Bruschi fielded a question about whether the Martha Stewart trial would detract from the game.

Justin Phillips, a 13-year-old, spiky-haired reporter for the Nickelodeon network, challenged Bruschi to spell the last name of Carolina quarterback Jake Delhomme. Bruschi missed an ``M.''

"Wrong!'' the questioner shouted.

Delhomme was not offended.

"I don't know how to spell Bruschi,'' he said.

Rod Smart, the Carolina kick returner, was surrounded by reporters who wanted to hear about his days as "He Hate Me'' in the short-lived XFL. Soon, he was joined by teammate Jarod Cooper.

"Let's start a chant,'' Cooper said to the crowd. "He don't hate! He don't hate! He's sorry. He loves y'all.''

I'm starting to see, slightly, the possibility of a Panther victory...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 06:19 pm
I predict a boring game offensively, and that Janet Jackson's nose will be blown off by a halftime pyrotechnic accident.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 07:34 am
The game's too close to call, in my mind.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 10:03 am
God, aka Bill Belichick, and the Pats will win.
0 Replies