Your renamed-for-the-offseason Super Bowl 'prediction thread

Rae

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 09:26 pm
Okay, if I must.

I'll go with the Packers. (My son's favourite team. Hey ~ we're blood relatives.....I'm allowed to side with him.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 10:06 pm
I watched football for years. Even got in a snit on a date because my date and his frat brother weren't even talking with me during the game, and I knew more at the time than they did. Or, hey, as much. That was a Rose Bowl. I didn't speak to them during the entire time it took to get out of the parking lot. A long time. I was very young, sigh.

On pro ball, my last fav team was the 49'ers, but being so out of it re recent background, I could just pick a team, any team, as the teams come on the field and I hear more about the diff players. If I would turn the tv on. I suppose I could even review the Raider's...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 08:45 am
osso:

Your football experience is sadly typical of many women's. Men seem to diss women when it comes to football, even women who know the game.

Even this thread typifies that. Look how many of you have posted, compared to us. Are there more women than men in A2K who like football?

Thanks, ladies, for weighing in. Bring more knowledge if ya got it.

Fellas? You're falling behind. Granted, it's the first quarter...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 08:47 am
Go (choke) Texans
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 08:57 am
Choke?

Does that mean you have trouble rooting for them or does it mean you hope they choke?

(It's OK with me either way; I feel glad we got a team but know they're not very good.)
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 09:06 am
osso:

My younger sisters were told by members of my HS Alma Mater's football team that they know more about the game than some of the PLAYERS did.

SO don't be ashamed!

edgar:

Actaully that may be the only thing that keeps the Steelers from going deeper into the playoffs!

I see a lot of games like Tennessee in the future.

(I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be complaining about the Steelers DEFENSE:( )
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 09:11 am
I like the Texans. It's just hard to be up every week when they have such a long way to improve.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 12:13 pm
edgar:

Patience my good man, patience. Carr will do a lot better once he gets a line in front of him.

P.S. "Tell-Tale Heart", interesting choice of sig:)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 07:05 am
Jints!

Gonna do it this year.

Just watch!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:09 pm
I'm beside myself. A 97 yard touchdown by Miami (agains the Gators) in the first 45 seconds of the game.

Where's the coach? Lemme at 'im.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:26 pm
All this talk about the Packers going anywhere this year is laughable. The Packers are a team on the decline. They will continue to work their way toward the bottom of the standings in their division and I expect them to remain there for many years. The safe bet for a Super Bowl winner this year is Tampa Bay. The team is essentially the same as last year and I'm sure Gruden did some tweaking on the offense during the offseason to make them perhaps even more formidable this year. Other teams to watch from the NFC are the Eagles, Rams, and Vikings.
The AFC is tougher to call. Buffalo looks like it may be poised to make a run as does Miami. Pittsburgh isn't going to be a factor this year. I'll have to think about the Super Bowl. Tentatively, I'll go with Tampa Bay vs. Buffalo.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:26 pm
67 yards from the kick-off.

I think I'm gonna be ill.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:28 pm
Hi Gus.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:37 pm
Of course the 'Canes are disciplined with a five yard penalty THAT HELPS THEM MAKE THE FIELD GOAL.

My heart can't take this pressure.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:41 pm
Finally! A Gator touchdown!

Doin the happy dance!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 07:44 pm
Guess I'm on my own.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 07:56 pm
Gus, you're probably right about the Packers. The only question is whether Brett has enough brilliance left in him to take everyone's game to the next level. If he does, he'll retire after, I bet.

They cut Frankie "Bag O' Donuts" Winters, though!! Sad
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 08:09 pm
Half-time break is over.....

A 65 yard touchdown just fell into the Gator's lap.

Doin the happy dance again!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 07:47 am
Sorry 'bout your Crocodiles, Rae.

A 33-10 lead halfway through the third quarter goes poof, and at the hands of the Gator-turned-'Cane QB Berlin.

Ouch.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 09:27 am
Ouch indeed. 38-33. Not smiling today. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies