Israeli baby killers in gaza

Zippo

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 10:49 am
No comment from the UK Govt, no comment from the USA, whose President so recently excoriated Israel. No peace in prospect, no respect for the Geneva convention or any other international rulings related to civilised behaviour. No apologies for the use of cluster munitions. No explanation as to why so many children have died other than the old saw "they shouldn't have been there" No attempt to use low intentsity counter-insurgency type techniques to minimise loss of life. No exposure to the casualty statistics from either side which show beyond peradventure that this is a terror campaign. No attempt to bring Israel into line in terms of its nuclear arsenal. No meaningful aid to Palestine, whose democratically elected Govt provides a sharp contrast to the latest results in Russia. No understanding that an artifical country plonked down by Superpower edict in a World of sixty years ago that simply does not exist nowadays, must seek compromise to survive.

Brazilian cartoonist Carlos Latuff creates artworks that call on the world to condemn Israeli holocaust of Gaza

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/062/6/2/Spread_the_word_share_this_art_by_Latuff2.jpg

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/061/a/7/Gaza_to_face_a_holocaust_2_by_Latuff2.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/061/3/6/Gaza_to_face_a_holocaust_by_Latuff2.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/319/e/5/Save_Gaza_now_by_Latuff2.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/312/9/9/The_Killing_Fields_of_Gaza_by_Latuff2.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/178/e/4/IOF_entering_Gaza_NOW_by_Latuff2.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/182/b/c/Israels_right_of_defense_by_Latuff2.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs19/f/2007/309/b/2/Israel_Collective_Punishment_by_Latuff2.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs12/f/2006/322/6/6/White_washing_war_crimes_by_Latuff2.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/043/0/b/Palestine_by_Latuff_by_Latuff2.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs12/f/2006/329/a/1/Ehud_Olmert_flatulence_by_Latuff2.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/206/7/9/Yummy_by_Latuff2.jpg

Who wants to wager with me that you will NEVER see these on the front pages of Zionist-owned-controlled newspapers?!!!

Any takers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,426 • Replies: 60
No top replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:03 pm
So are you saying that its OK for the Palestinians to kill innocent Israeli women and children, or do you not believe that there are any innocent Israeli's?

I would have no problem with the Palestinians using their rockets to attack Israeli military bases, but there is no excuse for them to be attacking women and children.

If Hamas and the Palestinians want the Israeli attacks in Gaza to stop, all they have to do is stop the rocket attacks on Israel.

How hard is that?
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:33 pm
mysteryman wrote:
So are you saying that its OK for the Palestinians to kill innocent Israeli women and children, or do you not believe that there are any innocent Israeli's?

I would have no problem with the Palestinians using their rockets to attack Israeli military bases, but there is no excuse for them to be attacking women and children.

If Hamas and the Palestinians want the Israeli attacks in Gaza to stop, all they have to do is stop the rocket attacks on Israel.

How hard is that?

Can you explain how Israel has managed to develop hi-tech anti-missile defence system, designed to intercept ballistic missiles?

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Interactives/News/International/Mideast/Iran_ballistic_missiles.jpg

Quote:
The Israeli military has carried out another successful test of the Hetz (Arrow) anti-missile system, the defence ministry said in a statement on Monday.

"The test succeeded perfectly, the data will be the object of careful analysis by engineers," it said. "This marks an important new step in developing our technological capabilities in the face of a ballistic missile threat."

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/New_Test_Of_Israel_Anti_Missile_System_999.html

BUT, cannot some how, shoot down Kasam rockets?

http://www.rocketboom.net/images/rb_07_aug_31c.jpg

Laughing

Only one answer to that buddy. They know that these toy 'pop' rockets are highly unlikely to do major damage. It gives Israel an excuse to continue to kill more babies and grab more land.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:45 pm
mysteryman wrote:

I would have a problem with Palestinian militants them attacking military bases as well, they would be doing a disservice to their people and they are not a legitimate military with the responsibility that comes with it.

But that doesn't make Israel's systemic and intentional targeting of civilian infrastructure any less reprehensible. For example, the chief of staff Lt. Gen. Dan Halutz said "we will turn Lebanon's clock back 20 years" and Israel proceeded to target civilian infrastructure in an attempt to do as much of that as they could.

Quote:

How hard is that?

Very hard. Especially when Israel undermines the authorities who are responsible for it. Israel retaliates frequently by bombing police stations and other government buildings. Those moderate leaders already have a tough job with little real power and Israel has, especially in the past, systemically undermined them. Israel has jailed moderate Palestinians and done all they can to delay a two-state solution.

It is only within the last decade that Israel even started to want peace, and historically there has been great opposition within Israel itself to any peace accords. The Israeli right has historically opposed any agreement with Arabs at all.

Yes, this thread started in a very one-sided and blind way, but there is legitimate criticism. Israel's actions have been wrong and stupid and have hurt them.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:48 pm
Zippo wrote:

Can you explain how Israel has managed to develop hi-tech anti-missile

Shooting down a long-range ballistic missile is a lot easier than hitting a Kassam. With the short range, small rockets you don't have the time or size to detect and hit it in the air reliably.

Nobody has the technology to reliably shoot down a rocket of that nature.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 04:10 pm
Robert Gentel wrote:
Zippo wrote:

Shooting down a long-range ballistic missile is a lot easier than hitting a Kassam. With the short range, small rockets you don't have the time or size to detect and hit it in the air reliably.

Wrong! The technology has existed for a long time. Israel does not want to invest in it (wonder why)

In June 1995, Oerlikon Contraves unveiled its new Skyshield 35
( http://www.janes.com/extracts/extract/jeos/jeos0254.html )

Quote:
The Skyshield 35 Air Defense System consists of a high-powered rapid-fire cannon that fires a unique 35-mm AHEAD (Advanced Hit Efficiency And Destruction) shell to destroy incoming targets. It ejects 152 sub-projectiles that are released just ahead of the incoming target, up to a range of nearly 10 kilometers.

The projectiles are designed to create a cloud ahead of the incoming rocket and penetrate it, inflicting enough damage to prevent it from striking its target. The system was developed by the Oerlikon Contraves Corporation of Switzerland.

http://www.1913intel.com/2008/01/28/israel-reviewing-us-skyshield-air-defense-system/

Although they are pretending to be 'reviewing' since - 1995 ? ?. :wink:

Quote:
Skyshield Air Defense System being considered

September 05, 2006 ? ?

The Israeli Ministry of Defense has recently approached the American Lockheed Martin with a request to test and upgrade its Skyshield Air Defense system for possible use against Hizballah rockets.

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=9356

Please, next time don't post some garbage about something which you know nothing about. Thanks!

Quote:

Each Sky Shield costs $15 million. Lockheed Martin: 4-5 systems can provide effective defense for a town such as Sderot.
Amnon Barzilai 29 Nov 06 15:02
Lockheed Martin Corp.'s (NYSE:LMT) Sky Shield air defense system has successfully intercepted and destroyed warheads of Katyusha and Kassam rockets in a series of laboratory tests conducted at the company's missile and fire control division. Development of the Sky Shield is due to be completed in 2007.

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/DocView.asp?did=1000157605
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 06:36 pm
Zippo wrote:
Robert Gentel wrote:

Wrong! The technology has existed for a long time. Israel does not want to invest in it (wonder why)

Don't wonder too hard, you may do permanent damage! Laughing

Yes they are investing in it.

Yes there are claims from weapons manufacturers to the effect that purchasing their system would have some sort of success rate at deflecting or destroying missiles.

But no, there is not any such deployment of a weapons system that achieves even a 50% success rate in eliminating the threat from an incoming projectile of this nature over such an area.

Nowhere, anywhere on earth. That's not due to any particular unwillingness but simply due to the inherent challenges in the task of creating such a system.

Quote:
Please, next time don't post some garbage about something which you know nothing about. Thanks!

Cut the nonsense Zippo, the bottom line is that there is no current deployment of a missile weapons system of this nature on earth. I am well aware of the weapons manufacturers claims (don't you remember the Patriot missile optimism that turned out to be misplaced when it was used in Israel, or the decades and decades of the Star Wars claims that are only beginning to become real?) and just because I don't buy into your risible conspiracy theories doesn't mean I'm not acquainted with the same basic facts that generated them.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 08:20 pm
Zippo, you want those on the forum to see your apparent one-sided view? There are always two sides to every disagreement. Many people on this thread see both sides. You only seem to see one. That's what makes your posts unanswerable, in my opinion, since the forum is not populated by Zionists or Palestinians that would take one or the other side exclusively.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 08:50 am
"They hath disgraced us, and
hindered us 4.5 a million; laughed at our losses,
mocked at our gains, scorned our nation, thwarted our
bargains, cooled our friends, heated our
enemies; and what's his reason?

We are Palestinian.

Hath not a Palestinian eyes? hath not a Palestinian hands, organs,
dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with
the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as
a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison
us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not
revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will
resemble you in that. If a Palestinian wrong a Jew,
what is his humility? Revenge.

If a Jew wrong a Palestinian, what should his sufferance be by
Christian example? Why, revenge. The villany you
teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I
will better the instruction."
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 08:53 am
mysteryman wrote:

How hard is that?

Why dont the Israeli get out of West Bank and Gaza and give the Palestinian people their own right to exist?
Is that too much to ask?
They have already created Israeli after wiping out Palestine.
Israel is a nasty little nazi bitch fascist state that kills babies and bull dozes homes of people striken by poverty!

Zippo great cartoons!!
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 09:00 am
Foofie wrote:
Zippo, you want those on the forum to see your apparent one-sided view? There are always two sides to every disagreement. Many people on this thread see both sides. You only seem to see one. That's what makes your posts unanswerable, in my opinion, since the forum is not populated by Zionists or Palestinians that would take one or the other side exclusively.

People who dont **** about history talk about two sides when it comes to Palestine.

It was the Palestinians that killed Jews it was German European Christians Nazis.

So let the Europeans especially the Germans compensate the Jewish people they tried to exterminate.

and Palestine had to be wiped off the map for Israel?
Why didnt Germany just give them Austria???

then we could say the Austrian are problematic.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 09:34 am
stevewonder wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

How hard is that?

Why dont the Israeli get out of West Bank and Gaza and give the Palestinian people their own right to exist?

They made the offer, and it was rejected by then Palestinian leader Yassir Arafat.

Is that too much to ask?
They have already created Israeli after wiping out Palestine.

How did they "wipe out Palestine"?
There has NEVER been a country named Palestine.
There is a region of the world named Palestine, but it never was an independent country.

If you are so hot for Israel to leave the region, how would this suit you...
Israel will leave, but they will destroy EVERY roadway, hospital, dam, power plant, farm, crop, airport, harbor, building, and every other bit of infrastructure they have built.
They will return the region to an arid, desert climate like it was 70 years ago.
Then they will let the Palestinians try and rebuild everything on their own.
Would that be OK with you?

Israel is a nasty little nazi bitch fascist state that kills babies and bull dozes homes of people striken by poverty!

Zippo great cartoons!!

Zippo said...
Quote:

Have you ever seen one of those rockets?
They are nothing more then hollow pipes, filled with explosive and a rudimentary propulsion system.
They can be assembled and fired in a matter of a few minutes.
Before you can shoot one down, you have to know where and when it is going to be launched from.
And if they were to attempt to shooot one down and miss, you would then condemn them for missing the rocket and hitting innocent people.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 06:24 pm
Could those rockets sent into Sderot be based on an effort to derail any peace process? What other rational reason would there be, since the rockets would result in retaliation by Israel and cause Palestinian casualties? The whole situation there reminds me of the movie Ground Hog Day. Every day is a repetition of the prior day.

Meanwhile, why is Lebanon still not stable?
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 12:05 pm
mysteryman wrote:

And if they were to attempt to shooot one down and miss, you would then condemn them for missing the rocket and hitting innocent people.

yeah because Israel normally doesnt kill civilians does it?
or bulldoze homes or kill journalists..........people are jsut too quick to judge Israel!......*snigger*
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 05:52 pm
stevewonder wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

yeah because Israel normally doesnt kill civilians does it?
or bulldoze homes or kill journalists..........people are jsut too quick to judge Israel!......*snigger*

You are correct. Israel does not specifically target civilians. They do bulldoze homes, since property is not as precious as human life. And I didn't know any journalists were killed? Can you be more precise?

I don't think people are either too quick or too slow "to judge Israel," as you point out above. I personally believe many of those who are following the Israel/Arab (I won't say Palestinian, since the wars since 1948 were with Arabs, not just Palestinians) politics have a preference for who they are backing. Sort of like a sporting event, and people root for one team or the other. Based on your "*snigger*" above, I would guess you are rooting for the Palestinians. I think that is very commendable that you have a side to root for. Have you tried the inside out baseball cap, as a political version of baseball's rally cap?
0 Replies

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 06:09 pm
Ironically, the Israelis -are- working on a short-range intercept system, that's able to explode a mortar round in mid-air using a laser projector. Last I saw, tests are looking good, but it's not ready for a field deployment yet.

Let's be blunt - if it were really Israel's intention to "kill babies", there wouldn't be any Palestinians left, huh? Israel does its best not to hit civilian targets; the Palestinians do their best not to miss them.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 06:17 pm
Ironically, the Israelis -are- working on a short-range intercept system, that's able to explode a mortar round in mid-air using a laser projector. Last I saw, tests are looking good, but it's not ready for a field deployment yet.

Let's be blunt - if it were really Israel's intention to "kill babies", there wouldn't be any Palestinians left, huh? Israel does its best not to hit civilian targets; the Palestinians do their best not to miss them.

Is "bluntness" a synonym for honesty? It appears so, to me, in this case.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 04:02 am
Foofie and Avatar ADV,

You guys are have been totally misleading, infact maybe even lying.
That is out of order. I will challage both of you. I have 100's of credible sources, phototographs, statement and reports, which will without a doubt prove once and for all that Israel/IDF soldiers do indeed deliberately target Palestinian children/civilians. You've done it now. I am really angry.
I will post 100's of article/threads to prove my point, i am going to debunk this silly myth. Get ready dudes! Evil or Very Mad

Here is the first: (note: unless you agree, i will continue to post more information)

Quote:
[size=25]Snipers with children in their sights[/size]

Palestinian civilians have been killed by the army with impunity

It was the shooting of Asma Mughayar that swept away any lingering doubts I had about how it is the Israeli army kills so many Palestinian children and civilians.
Asma, 16, and her younger brother, Ahmad, were collecting laundry from the roof of their home in the south of the Gaza Strip in May last year when they were felled by an Israeli army sniper. Neither child was armed or threatening the soldier, who fired unseen through a hole punched in the wall of a neighbouring block of flats.

The army said the two were blown up by a Palestinian bomb planted to kill soldiers. The corpses offered a different account. In Rafah's morgue, Asma lay with a single bullet hole through her temple; her 13-year-old brother had a lone shot to his forehead. There were no other injuries, certainly none consistent with a blast.

Confronted with this, the army changed its account and claimed the pair were killed by a Palestinian, though there was persuasive evidence pointing to the Israeli sniper's nest. What the military did not do was ask its soldiers why they gave a false account of the deaths or speak to the children's parents or any other witnesses.

When reporters pressed the issue, the army promised a full investigation, but a few weeks later it was quietly dropped. This has become the norm in a military that appears to value protecting itself from accountability more than living up to its claim to be the "most moral army in the world".

As Tom Hurndall's parents noted yesterday after the conviction of an Israeli sergeant for the manslaughter of their son, the soldier was put on trial only because the British family had the resources to bring pressure to bear. But there has been no justice for the parents of hundreds of Palestinian children killed by Israeli soldiers.

According to the Israeli human rights group B'Tselem, the army has killed 1,722 Palestinian civilians - more than one-third of them minors - as well as 1,519 combatants, since the intifada began nearly five years ago; the comparable Israeli figures are 658 civilians killed - 17% minors - along with 309 military. The army has investigated just 90 Palestinian deaths, usually under outside pressure. Seven soldiers have been convicted: three for manslaughter, none for murder.

Last month, a military court sentenced a soldier to 20 months in prison for shooting dead a Palestinian man as he adjusted his TV aerial, the longest sentence yet for killing a civilian, and less than Israeli conscientious objectors have got for refusing to serve in the army.

B'Tselem argues that a lack of accountability and rules of engagement that "encourage a trigger-happy attitude among soldiers" have created a "culture of impunity" - a view backed by the New York-based Human Rights Watch, which last week described many army investigations of civilian killings as a "sham ... that encourages soldiers to think they can literally get away with murder".

In southern Gaza, the killings take place in a climate that amounts to a form of terror against the population. Random fire into Rafah and Khan Yunis has claimed hundreds of lives, including five children shot as they sat at their school desks. Many others have died when the snipers must have known who was in their sights - children playing football, sitting outside home, walking back from school. Almost always "investigations" amount to asking the soldier who pulled the trigger what happened - often they claim there was a gun battle when there was none - and presenting it as fact.

The military police launched an investigation into the death of Iman al-Hams last October only after soldiers went public about the circumstances in which their commander emptied his gun into the 12-year-old. He was recorded telling his men that the girl should be killed even if she were three.

Colonel Pinhas Zuaretz was commander in southern Gaza two years ago when I asked him about the scale of the killing. The colonel, who rewrote the rules of engagement to permit soldiers to shoot children as young as 14, acknowledged that official versions of several killings were wrong, but justified the tactics as the price of the struggle for survival against a second Holocaust.

Perhaps that view was shared by the soldier who shot dead three 15-year-old boys, Hassan Abu Zeid, Ashraf Mousa and Khaled Ghanem, as they approached the fortified border between Gaza and Egypt in April. The military said the teenagers were weapons smugglers and therefore "terrorists", and that the soldier shot them in the legs and only killed them when they failed to stop.

The account was a fabrication. The teenagers were in a "forbidden zone" but kicking a ball. Their corpses showed no evidence of wounds to disable them, only single high-calibre shots to the head or back. The army quietly admitted as much - but there would be no investigation.

[email protected]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/jun/28/comment.israelandthepalestinians

Quote:
Every single human rights organization that visited the area issued reports stating that the Israeli government and its forces seem to target civilians and exhibit reckless disregard for human life. Not one human rights non-governmental organization agreed with Israeli government propaganda that they are careful not to kill civilians and that civilians killed are "accidental" (so far in two years over 3700 Palestinian civilians were killed by Israeli forces including over 700 children).

As documented by Amnesty International and Human Rights watch, Israel now holds 3.5 million people essentially hostages in their own homes denying them the right to travel, work, and even go to school, clinics, or places of worship (Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza).

- Israeli forces target civilians for political purposes (the classic definition of terrorism). Here are several lines of proof from independent sources plus from the perpetrators themselves.

- Defense of Children International Full Report on IDF (aka Israel Occupation Forces) kiling of Palestinian Children in 2006

http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/RWB.NSF/db900SID/LSGZ-72THRJ/$File/Full_report.pdf

Quote:
BREAKING THE SILENCE (IDF soldiers' testimonies about atrocities they committed):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37MFa7ZKQWo

and visit their website at http://www.breakingthesilence.org.il/index_en.asp

- Israeli continues to use Palestinian civilians as human shields
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=76d_1173007758
http://www.palestineremembered.com/Articles/General/Story2124.html

-Shin Bet uses torture regularly, B'Tselem report says, Ynetnews, Israel, May 6, 2007
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3396093,00.html

- Most Palestinians killed in Israeli raids were civilians, Amnesty says By Donald Macintyre in Jerusalem The Independent - 24 May 2007
"More than 320 civilians were among a threefold increase in the number of Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces last year, according to Amnesty International. The human rights group's 2007 report says that over half of the more than 650 Palestinians killed in 2006 were civilians, 120 of them children and young people under 18. " http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article2578484.ece

-Israeli forces routinely mistreating detainees
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6630139.stm

-Israeli human rights groups state Israeli forces routinely torture prisoners http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/856142.html

-Israel forces use civilians as human shields. Example from B'Tselem
http://www.btselem.org/english/Human_Shields/20070225_Human_Shields_in_Nablus.asp
and video clips
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2503754030571816166
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiO0GYsyR4A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEd4hJNVCE

-Israeli forces humiliate and strip search women and children (Video)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-691161000548687549&hl=en

- Physicians for Human Rights USA investigated the high number of Palestinian deaths and injuries in the first months of the Intifada, concluded that: "the pattern of injuries seen in many victims did not reflect IDF (Israeli Army) use of firearms in life-threatening situations but rather indicated targeting solely for the purpose of wounding or killing."
http://www.phrusa.org/research/forensics/israel/update_commentary.html

- In an interview with Ha'aretz reporter Amira Hass, an Israeli sniper described the commands he receives from his superiors: "Twelve and up, you're allowed to shoot. That's what they tell us," he said. "So," responded the reporter "according to the IDF, (the appropriate minimum age group at which to shoot) is 12?" the soldier replied, "According to what the IDF says to its soldiers. I don't know if this is what the IDF says to the media."

- Yediot Aharonot (Hebrew Edition, 11/17/00) quoted Tal Etlinger, a "border guard" trained to quell demonstrations as stating that riots at Um Al Fahm (where scores of unarmed Palestinian citizens of Israel were shot and many killed by snipers) were much less violent than Jewish riots (such as in Tiberias) which were "much worse..but we handle Jewish riots differently..to a demonstration like this we know in advance to come without weapons.. These are the orders from above, and we use only gas."

- Human Rights Watch issued a report May 3, 2002 on Israeli atrocities in Jenin stating in part: “civilians (in Jenin) were killed willfully or unlawfully (by the Israeli military). (which) used Palestinian civilians as ‘human shields’ and used indiscriminate and excessive force.. The abuses we documented in Jenin are extremely serious, and in some cases appear to be war crimes.." (http://hrw.org/press/2002/05/jenin0503.htm)

- New York Times journalist Chris Hedges stated: " And it was--I mean, I've seen kids shot in Sarajevo. I mean, snipers would shoot kids in Sarajevo. I've seen death squads kill families in Algeria or El Salvador. But I'd never seen soldiers bait or taunt kids like this and then shoot them for sport. It was--I just--even now, I find it almost inconceivable. And I went back every day, and every day it was the same." Full transcript: http://64.226.129.19/pmw/manager/features/display_message.asp?mid=487

- Videos clearly implicated the army where soldiers were cavalierr about killing civilians:
BBC obtains video showing shelling children running away

- In an article in the Washington Post, Keith Richburg reported (11/ 30/2000; Page A01): "Iyad was shot because he ran too fast. Nshat was shot because he missed his ride. Ronny was shot for throwing a stone. And Abdel Kareem was shot where his two friends died. Iyad, Nshat, Ronny and Abdel Kareem had never met before. But these four young Palestinians now see one another daily, as patients at the Abu Raya Rehabilitation Center."

- Moshe Nissim, who operated a bulldozer for 75 straight hours in Jenin was quoted in Yediot Ahoronot:
"No one refused an order to take down a house. When they told me to destroy a house I exploited that in order to destroy a few more homes. On the loudspeaker (the Palestinian residents) were warned to get out before I came in. But I didn't give a chance to anyone. I didn't wait. I'm sure that people died inside of those houses. From my perspective we left them a football field, they should play there. The 100x100 was our present to the camp. Jenin will not return to be what it was." (Yedioth Ahronot, Friday 31 May 2002, translated by Alternative Information Center).

- B'Tselem, the Israeli Human Rights group, reported in October 2001 that "the IDF continues to employ a policy of 'an easy trigger-finger' and demonstrates a disregard for human life." In one Press Release (12 March 2002) B'Tselem stated: "In every city and refugee camp that they have entered, IDF soldiers have repeated the same pattern: indiscriminate firing and the killing of innocent civilians, intentional harm to water, electricity and telephone infrastructure, taking over civilian houses, extensive damage to civilian property, shooting at ambulances and prevention of medical care to the injured." (http://www.btselem.org/ )

- "As a young soldier serving in the Israeli army, I was ordered to commit grave human rights violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. My platoon meted out collective punishment on Palestinian communities, shot and killed unarmed Palestinian civilians, and enforced prolonged curfews on Palestinian villages. I witnessed the arbitrary destruction of Palestinian houses, property and agricultural land. These acts were not rare occurrences, nor were they the result of overly cruel soldiers. It was part of the norm; a habit that an Occupation soldier gets used to doing. These daily occurrences constituted, as I later understood, war crimes." http://alawda.rso.wisc.edu/why.htm

- Israeli soldiers admitted to Maariv (Israeli mainstream newspaper) that they targeted non-combatants, did horrible things and "acted Like Zombies see http://www.geocities.com/keller_adam/breaking_silence.htm

- A Video Israeli censors did not Want You To See. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW1-_JmXQt0&mode=related&search

- Not seen on the news (this one slipped through) http://tvnewslies.org/html/the_israel_you_don_t_see_on_th.html

-Researcher Says Israel Responsible for at least 97.8 Percent of Serious Human Rights Abuses in Conflict.
http://www.dada.at/gems/gesellschaft/Apartheid.pdf

We did not discuss here the Israeli laws and "system" of stripping Palestinians of their land and destroying their homes. This process, ongoing for the past 58 years, has already left 2/3rds of teh native Palestinians as refugees or displaced people. One can then add to that laws that are racist such as the law that Israelis can marry and bring any foreigners as spouses to live with them in Israel with one exception: If the spouse happens to be Palestinian (see http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/528450.html)

=============

Quote:
[size=25]IDF admits targeting civilian areas in Lebanon with cluster bombs[/size]

By Nir Hasson and Meron Rapoport, Haaretz Correspondents

The Israel Defense Forces discovered that there had been "irregularities" in the use of cluster munitions, even before the end of the recent Lebanon war, sources in the defense minister's office said Monday. As a result of this information, Defense Minister Amir Peretz ordered an "extensive inquiry" into the use of these munitions before the war's end.

Meanwhile, for the first time Monday, the IDF admitted targeting populated areas with cluster munitions. In a statement released by the IDF Spokesman's Office, "the use of cluster munitions against built-up areas was done only against military targets where rocket launches against Israel were identified and after taking steps to warn the civilian population."

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/789876.html
0 Replies

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 03:11 pm
(sigh)

What I'm saying is that if the Israelis were going to deliberately target Palestinian civilians, children or otherwise, they'd have -killed them all by now-. Years ago, for that matter. It's not that hard - armies have had the ability to do that sort of thing for thousands of years, and it's not like the Israelis are underequipped for the job.

Am I going to claim that the IDF has never killed a civilian Palestinian? Of course not. I won't even claim that it has never happened with no justification whatsoever - there's going to be accidents, nervous triggers, and maybe even a few outright murders, any time you have a military called on to provide order in a hostile civilian environment. That's true for any military, and no sign of evil intent or genocidal leanings.

On the other hand, you don't have to wonder about the Palestinian targeting of Israeli civilians...
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 03:43 pm
(sigh)

What I'm saying is that if the Israelis were going to deliberately target Palestinian civilians, children or otherwise, they'd have -killed them all by now-. Years ago, for that matter. It's not that hard - armies have had the ability to do that sort of thing for thousands of years, and it's not like the Israelis are underequipped for the job.

Am I going to claim that the IDF has never killed a civilian Palestinian? Of course not. I won't even claim that it has never happened with no justification whatsoever - there's going to be accidents, nervous triggers, and maybe even a few outright murders, any time you have a military called on to provide order in a hostile civilian environment. That's true for any military, and no sign of evil intent or genocidal leanings.

On the other hand, you don't have to wonder about the Palestinian targeting of Israeli civilians...

Complete Bull Sh!t!

The reason why Israel will NOT kill ALL the Palestinians is because U.S will be forced by the rest of the World Leaders to STOP $$BILLIONS$$ in Aid. Moreover, every single Jews on this planet would be hunted down and killed by 1.5 Billion Muslims. Another holocaust of Jews around the world would begin. You've no idea how much Jews would be hated, if they killed ALL of them. Israel is clever, they want a slow painful death...one by one.

You have not read any of my news stories/reports above. Killing civilians is their duty, the IDF have been 'ordered' to kill Children/civilians. Once again, read my articles. You are making me so angry by telling lies. I am going to post thousands of threads/articles, all across the web and her,. Until you stop telling lies. By doing so you are calling Jews/Israeli's liars. (in my reports)

================

The targeting of civilians by the Israeli Defence Forces has been described as a "widespread, as well as systematic" feature of the occupation by Amnesty International, a continuing policy which meets the criteria of "crimes against humanity" under international law.

================

The use of heavy and indiscriminate firepower is one significant contributor according to Amnesty, Israeli actions, including "shelling and bombardments of densely populated residential areas" from tanks and helicopter gun-ships, inevitably claiming high levels of civilian casualties, and as such betraying a "lack of respect for fundamental human rights."

"The Israeli leadership always try to make Israelis believe the lie that the Palestinians want to throw us to the sea. In fact, we are the ones who commit war crimes against humanity," said former Israeli education minister Shulamit Aloni. "The terror utilized by Israel in the territories is worse than Palestinian terrorism."

=================

Civilians are also directly targeted by IDF troops who, according to Israeli human rights group B'Tselem, "use violence, at times gross violence, against Palestinians unnecessarily and without justification.-- During the IDF's devastating assault on Jenin refugee camp in April 2002, for instance, medics and ambulances were fired on, with a 57-year-old wheelchair-bound man being shot and run over by a tank, according to Human Rights Watch.

=================

Non-violent activists, delegations of MPs and humanitarian workers have also been targeted by the IDF. In June 2004 for instance, a Christian Aid fact-finding delegation was fired on in Rafah. "I can't believe they fired at us," said Sarah Malian, who was with the delegation. "We were clearly civilians. We were surrounded by children at the time." Two days later, a group of British MPs and peers were shot at in the same place.

In March 2003, Rachel Corrie, an American activist, was crushed by an Israeli bulldozer while trying to prevent a house demolition in the Gaza strip; in April 2003 British peace activist Tom Hurndall was shot by an Israeli soldier. In May 2003 James Miller, a British cameraman and documentary maker, was shot in the neck; and in November of the same year, Iain Hook, a 50-year-old working on a UN project to rebuild Jenin refugee camp, was shot in the back.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1066845,00.html

Israel, in fact, is no different than racist South Africa as long as it presents itself as Jewish state instead of a state of all its citizens
0 Replies