Lola at the Coffee House, Cafe 101

georgeob1

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 09:19 am
Well, good morning to my European friends !! McTag is up with some wry wit. Francis, ever exuding Gallic acerbity, is at his lighthearted best. Dear Spendius even greets us all with a surly snarl !

You are right McTag - I was a bit ponderous in that post. Even my attempt to lighten it with some irony was rejected by Francis. Spendius - Blatham's nutty ideas don't threaten mine (even the nutty ones) or me. I like him, that's all. Hell, I even like you - figure that one out yourself.

It's a beautiful morning in California; clear, sunny skies, cool air, gentle breezes. A leisurely coffee and I'll be off to Half Moon Bay to participate in an interesrting film project.

I hope you guys are all well and happy.

Francis, when the hell are you coming to San Francisco ?
dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 09:29 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Well, good morning to my European friends !! McTag is up with some wry wit. Francis, ever exuding Gallic acerbity, is at his lighthearted best. Dear Spendius even greets us all with a surly snarl !

You are right McTag - I was a bit ponderous in that post. Even my attempt to lighten it with some irony was rejected by Francis. Spendius - Blatham's nutty ideas don't threaten mine (even the nutty ones) or me. I like him, that's all. Hell, I even like you - figure that one out yourself.

It's a beautiful morning in California; clear, sunny skies, cool air, gentle breezes. A leisurely coffee and I'll be off to Half Moon Bay to participate in an interesrting film project.

I hope you guys are all well and happy.

from now on, georgeob, just call me chopped liver, to california I shall never return.
Francis

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 09:29 am
George, mistaking hell for paradise, wrote:

Well, my friend, very soon, very very soon.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 09:32 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
.... to california I shall never return.

Is that how you keep your promise to me, dys?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 09:45 am
I brought my fly-swatter this morning to keep the nitpicking troll disguised as a bothersome gnat of every one's biscotti. However, it may take some mace.

Nice to see George in his more laid-back mood. Here, have an Irish Coffee on me (or is it too early in the morning?) Hey, but wait, it's San Francisco.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 10:51 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

........the proprietoress of the Coffee House. Sadly missed these days.

The thought that said sadly missed proprietoress might have fled due to ineffable boorishness on the part of one guest never did occur, eh?

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 11:06 am
@High Seas,
The sign over the counter states:

We reserve the right to refuse service and kick your butt out the front door.

Only one question: exactly where is the butt on a troll? I thought they just kept building up crap until it expels out of their mouth.
spendius

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 01:12 pm
@Lightwizard,
That's no way to talk about High Seas old chap. She is entitled to her opinions even if they are distorted through a prism of misconceptions, prejudice and pompous self-righteous indignation.

It is well known that liberals, too many of which haunt this flea-bitten joint, cannot read properly due to the negativity they bring to anything not said by one of their own. They are quite happy to smirk, sneer and derisorily snigger when a leftie insults, in the most crassly gratuitous fashion it is possible to imagine, a refined, culturally attuned conservative gentleman of renown and distinction for years on end but when it comes to a fellow traveller being mildly discomfitted by a few home truths up they get on their rocking horse and start asserting like a donkey engine that can't make up its mind to get going after a winter in the implement shed.

What about Mr Obama then? On his recent visit he only needed to hire some fancy dress and we might have thought he was a potentate from the Ottomon Empire. I fear it all might go to his head. He even wants to remove the nuclear inhibitions modern statesmen have to suffer under. I don't recall such a dramatic and unscientific objective having been mentioned during the campaign.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 01:40 pm
@High Seas,
Spendius is trying to act like he doesn't know who the troll is. The proof is stench wasn't here until he came prancing back through the door, leaving a track of stinky moss filled with beetles and dingle berries. Get out the shop vac, just watch out for its tail -- he'll squeal like a pig if you get it stuck in the hose.
spendius

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 01:41 pm
I'll have a Coca-Cola please.

Speaking of which, I have come across a French word-coccola deriving from an Italian word meaning pip or berry and used as a term of endearment for young ladies of the pre-Raphealite disposition for whom one might have a certain fondness due to those mysterious forces Mr Darwin occasionally alluded too so exquisitely tangentially in his famous tome.

It represents literary ineptitude of a high order to read his book with too straight a face.
spendius

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 01:54 pm
@Lightwizard,
Oh- you meant my goodself did you? Why didn't you say so? It could look like you don't bother giving the clientele here too much concentration.

Now, how many times would you say you have seen fit to refer to me as a troll?

Are we up to three figures yet. And not once have you justified it. It would seem you apply the word anytime you are stumped to anyone with whom you disagree. And all your liberal comrades let it go despite them knowing it is false, and particularly so in any Coffee House which fails to allow you to steer the conversation, and for the very reason I provided in my previous post. They lose their bearings in a fit of empathy.

0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 02:08 pm
@spendius,
Whatever. Your words ring hollow.
spendius

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 02:09 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Well-they would wouldn't they?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 02:14 pm
Spendius appears to arbitrarily extract words from the dictionary and arrange them in an order that he believes will impress someone.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 02:15 pm
The efforts, so far, are in vain.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 02:20 pm
@Lightwizard,
The vacuum cleaner was turned on, and the Spendi-infested vacuum trashbag transposed to another thread:
http://able2know.org/topic/72011-296#post-3626975
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 02:21 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Not at all. You certainly have a fondness for meaningless assertions gus. I'm sure it's very reassuring.

It is the way I talk when I am in exalted company. If you take the trouble to study it you will find it a fairly efficient method of expressing a complex web of meanings which to those who don't dig it appears as you say it does.

I find it impossible to talk rubbish all the time.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 02:28 pm
I'm just nipping out for a wash and brush up. I won't be long. Carry on.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 03:17 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob wrote:

You heard it here first. I believe the adult movie industry in Cal is always looking for new talent.
spendius

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 03:25 pm
@McTag,
I wondered what "resrting" meant Mac.

On another thread the liberal section here has been accused of blackballing. Isn't that what old fuddy-duddy conservatives do in those gentlemen's clubs?

I'm beginning to think that liberals are just conservatives who have no position and are envious of those who have. That free speech means liberal speech.
0 Replies