Lola at the Coffee House, Cafe 101

spendius

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 05:35 am
@spendius,
Listen LW-- you know how you like to make a contribution to public debate on matters of high importance, which is, incidentally, a behaviour pattern outlawed in the sort of totalitarian state you are working to bring about when the human need to worship some entity which transcends their own puny and meaningless ego has been transferred from God to the State and its Great Leader, well-- in view of your last blast in the Coffee House ( an institution which can't be trolled unless it's under Party control) why don't you write to your government and suggest that the US send teams of tee-total, model driving, intelligent, cool, critical analysing control freaks and equipment fetishists with high machismo virility quotients and take on our beer swilling, feminised, overpaid, blow-waved footballers, rugby players and cricketers.

Think of the glory the US could bask in when it had pissed all over us.

That Master's play-off looked good I must say. You could tell those three never booze eh?

I read that you have corn in your nutrient on a grand scale. On the strength of your earlier post I suppose you must have been cornidised.

Actually, I think a touch of feminisation is a good thing. It makes us more sensitive and intuitive and if you get serious with it you can actually get decent tits and then there's no need to get out of bed too soon.
spendius

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 05:54 am
Quote:
Ya know, Ive noticed that spendi comments recently have always veered off into the realm of fashion and types of friily underwear that (s)he prefers. Are the suds getting to our UK correspondents genome?

Well- it helps me to do the back-scratching and ego caressing in the appropriate direction rather than towards hairy-arsed, underpant wearing, flat-chested pompous know-alls in the manner your little claque of materialist sympathisers is often to be seen engaging in.

Bob once said that the only thing he would ever sell out to is Ladies Garments. Now he's done an ad for Victoria's Secrets. Real power dressing.

Liberal men want equality for women so that they can reduce them to their level and undermine their source of power and thus easily deal with them in the manner they think properly appropriate. Some women go along with such strategies but there's a suspicion they are not customers of Victoria's Secret wares for various reasons.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 07:28 am
@edgarblythe,
Actually he was plagiarizing the biblical description of the Second Coming, "...light above and darkness below and the gnashing of teeth".
Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 08:06 am
@spendius,
No, you listen up.

Our government is under the control of the politicians, with or without a particular faith in disorganized religion or whether or not each of them attend a church of their choice every week. I don't believe with the lobbying, money changing hands, money required in pork to impress the politicians local populations to re-elect them that any God has little influence on how the government is run. (If Jesus does return, which I doubt, he would head straight for the money tables of congress). The worst control freaks are the meglomanical religious control freaks. Otherwise, those two towers in NYC would still be standing. Any move to give government leaders any more power than they already need is not likely to happen, and a higher power never seems to have any interest in governing. It was the cardinals in the Catholic church who took to infiltrating the state and becoming politicians from the pulpit. The various royalties had to decide if they wanted the Pope to have power in their government. Elizabeth the I was one of the strongest users of the erect middle finger directed at the Pope. Then "a natural storm" which seemed quite likely an "act of god" in religious minds was primarily the reason for the sinking of the Spanish Armada. Protestantism trumps Catholicism, or should it be nature trumps Catholicism. It was also the early Catholic hierarchy who had decided what was going to be in the Bible, rejecting all but Matthew, Mark, Luke , John who perpetuated the myth of the Jews being responsible for Christ's crucifixion to please the Roman Caesar and other leaders. Making Pontius Pilate, a brutal warrior Saminite, a Roman hero by washing his hands of the deed (in their imaginative head), when, in fact, he was responsible and would never have let Jewish peasants decide who was to be crucified (the Romans were perpetrating that barbaric method of execution to kill hundreds to thousands "convicted" each week). The beginning of a long history of the Christian church politics controlling the population through its leaders, sometimes not too successfully as with King Philip. If Pilate had been asked several weeks after Christ's crucifixion about the specific execution of Jesus, he would have propably thought a minute and divulge that he orders so many crucifixions each week, how can he remember all their names.

I believe that was the main reason Europeans were getting aboard boats to sail to the New World. The Church of England had become just as oppressive as the Catholics. They were both talented at skimming off money (embezzling) from the construction of huge churches in the various styles of Romanesque, Rococo and Baroque.

Wow, Lola or Bernie, I need a triple espresso after this!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 08:10 am
@farmerman,
Give rise to the question: Is he a cross-dresser or a really cross cross cresser?
spendius

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 11:32 am
@Lightwizard,
It won't do you any good LW using me to keep the subject in the forefront of your consciousness. It will frustrate you.

You should get down to the Trannie Club and get it over with. I can't because I have a beard and never have my hair done. And I have big feet as well and clump when I walk.
Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 11:50 am
@spendius,
You'd make a laugh-out-loud, sorry looking trannie -- especially since it would be difficult keeping the lipstick off the beard. I devoted a few words and, all of a sudden, it's the forefront of my consciousness? Get real.
spendius

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 12:31 pm
@Lightwizard,
You mean it just slipped out sort of impulsively like at effemm's prompting. That's even worse. It suggests an unconsciousness obsession which wells up from time to time.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 12:40 pm
Oh, stop with your armchair psychiatry. You sound like my grandfather.
spendius

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 01:21 pm
@Lightwizard,
You lot started it. I never mentioned ladies underwear. And feminisation through beer. Or cross dressing.

I must admit that on Acronyms and word association games I am partial to alluding to knicker elastic and twanging suspenders straps and such like but I only do it to entertain the headbangers on there. I think.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 01:23 pm
Perhaps you are not familiar with the avvie of the proprietoress of the Coffee House. Sadly missed these days.
Lightwizard

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 01:42 pm
I guess I won't mention who the proprietor of the cafe is related to and holds her table in reservation, but they're both friends and get my sometimes crazy E mails consistently, and I sometimes post on his blog. So, not to worry, I know what's up on many people on this forum as we go back to New York Times Abuzz days. Just don't dribble any tea on the white tablecloths -- they're trying to keep their prices down in this economy.
spendius

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 03:16 pm
@Lightwizard,
Low prices!!-- In Lola's joint?? Goodness gracious me!

What exactly are you hinting at LW?

High prices represent the epitome of the evolutionary process don't they? The display of the winners. And especially in this economy. Evolution doesn't do sharing out equally. You're all mixed up LW.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 06:56 pm
@Lightwizard,
LW...very funny
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 06:58 pm
@georgeob1,
george
I was just going to point that out to McT. When I did my very limited geology, the mechanism of the hot spot was unknown. Have they got it figured yet?
blatham

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 07:26 pm
@High Seas,
I did not know. Surprising as I'm always going through the odds 'n' ends table at geologist r us. Happy to see, though, that they are caveating.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 07:36 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

george
I was just going to point that out to McT. When I did my very limited geology, the mechanism of the hot spot was unknown. Have they got it figured yet?

farmerman knows a lot more about that than do I. However, increasing attention is being paid to the fluid properties and movements of the iron-rich molten magma beneath the earth's core. Like any such chaotic flow its details are unpredictable though the gross characteristics exhibit some fairly stable features. It is the circulating currents of this ionized magma that produce the earth's magnetic field. The many hundreds of reversals of this field are preserved in the geological record of the polarity of basaltic rock adjacent to spread zones on the sea floor and some continents. Each such reversal is associated with a weakening and subquent reversal of these flow patterns. Without a magnetic field radiation levels on the earth's surface would be very high, and eventually the planet would be stripped of its atmosphere, yielding a Mars-like planet. Not good.

The hot spot appears to be associated with a thin section of the earth's crust and a localized, but semi-permanent vortex of molten magma beneath it. farmerman knows all the specialized words geologists use to describe this. Helen talks like a physicist. I'm just a regular guy. (I have always had a hard time communicating with geologists - Democrats too).
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:50 pm

Quote:
... increasing attention is being paid to the fluid properties and movements of the iron-rich molten magma beneath the earth's core. Like any such chaotic flow its details are unpredictable though the gross characteristics exhibit some fairly stable features. It is the circulating currents of this ionized magma that produce the earth's magnetic field. The many hundreds of reversals of this field are preserved in the geological record of the polarity of basaltic rock adjacent to spread zones on the sea floor and some continents. Each such reversal is associated with a weakening and subquent reversal of these flow patterns. Without a magnetic field radiation levels on the earth's surface would be very high, and eventually the planet would be stripped of its atmosphere, yielding a Mars-like planet.

That's what I was going to say.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 01:15 am
dear George, tongue in cheek, wrote:
(I have always had a hard time communicating with geologists - Democrats too).

It flies in the face of evidence to the contrary...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 04:13 am
Some of this stuff would empty any Coffee House like a shot off a shovel.

What George is doing complimenting and assigning credibilty to a chap who daily attacks his religious beliefs, and those of 85% of Americans, in the most insulting terms, I cannot imagine.

farmerman is half-baked with his geology, uses the subject, or cuts off Google, to reflect glory upon himself, hasn't a scientific bone in his body, can't write above grade level and is intolerant, stubborn and hides his head in the sand as soon as he is asked a simple question. He also thinks he has a monopoly on insulting people and finds it difficult to image that his actions will cause reactions. And he has bullied many a poster off the threads.

A teaching profession of farmerman clones, which is his ideal, would cause a revolution.
0 Replies