24
   

Lola at the Coffee House, Cafe 101

 
 
wandeljw
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 01:05 pm
Nice to see that you have been visiting Lola's thread, Frank.

You have mellowed. It seems that the only issue that inspires you is the re-opening of The Pan. Smile

We will try to "wrap our minds" around this issue if it means that much to you!
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 01:11 pm
wandeljw wrote:
Nice to see that you have been visiting Lola's thread, Frank.

You have mellowed. It seems that the only issue that inspires you is the re-opening of The Pan. Smile

We will try to "wrap our minds" around this issue if it means that much to you!


LOL!

Actually, anyone who has been to the Pan probably would have trouble imagining the view being any better--which was the object of my "wrap around" remark. But it actually is.

If you ever get into town, let us know. The Big Apple meets are a gas!
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 01:22 pm
Three blocks north - I think I know which pier that is - it's the one blocking the view north in my photos from The Frying Pan Laughing so yes, it could be a better view - upstream and downstream.
0 Replies
 
George
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 01:33 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
wandeljw wrote:
Nice to see that you have been visiting Lola's thread, Frank.

You have mellowed. It seems that the only issue that inspires you is the re-opening of The Pan. Smile

We will try to "wrap our minds" around this issue if it means that much to you!


LOL!

Actually, anyone who has been to the Pan probably would have trouble imagining the view being any better--which was the object of my "wrap around" remark. But it actually is.

If you ever get into town, let us know. The Big Apple meets are a gas!

Sorry I missed you last time I was there.
But I did manage a run in the park with Joe (Marathon Man) Nation.
Maybe next time.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 01:43 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Three blocks north - I think I know which pier that is - it's the one blocking the view north in my photos from The Frying Pan Laughing so yes, it could be a better view - upstream and downstream.


Actually, if the pier blocking your view north in your photos has lots of rusty iron work--that is NOT the new pier. The rusty iron work pier (which I considered a photographers delight!) was torn down completely.

I may have some pictures of the new site. I'll send you an invitation to view them at ofoto. Lemme see what I can do.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 01:45 pm
George wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
wandeljw wrote:
Nice to see that you have been visiting Lola's thread, Frank.

You have mellowed. It seems that the only issue that inspires you is the re-opening of The Pan. Smile

We will try to "wrap our minds" around this issue if it means that much to you!


LOL!

Actually, anyone who has been to the Pan probably would have trouble imagining the view being any better--which was the object of my "wrap around" remark. But it actually is.

If you ever get into town, let us know. The Big Apple meets are a gas!

Sorry I missed you last time I was there.
But I did manage a run in the park with Joe (Marathon Man) Nation.
Maybe next time.


Hey George. Jonathan did mention that you were in town, but that he did not get in touch with me. I really wanna meet all A2Kers who come into town, so the next time, you be sure to let me know. I ain't gonna run in the park with yez, but I'll sit an have coffee or a beer! And maybe next time, you will see the Pan!
0 Replies
 
George
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 01:53 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
...Hey George. Jonathan did mention that you were in town, but that he did not get in touch with me. I really wanna meet all A2Kers who come into town, so the next time, you be sure to let me know. I ain't gonna run in the park with yez, but I'll sit an have coffee or a beer! And maybe next time, you will see the Pan!

That'd be fun. Same goes if you head north to Boston.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 09:54 pm
Welcome back, Frank.

Things have been so dull around here. . .
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 02:40 pm
neologist wrote:
Welcome back, Frank.

Things have been so dull around here. . .


Hey Neo,

Not really back yet. Just posting from time to time here in the cafe.

Election is gonna be a bitch. Prolly better I stay away.

But I do miss you...and all of youse, as we might say in New Jersey.

f.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 08:54 pm
Ready when you are, Frank.
0 Replies
 
Ethel2
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 10:15 pm
Well I want to go to the Pan when it re-opens. Bernie showed me the aritcle in which you, Frank are quoted. Sad that we can't be there.

Beth who married Marc who, may I ask?

Hi Thomas, it's hard to image you, Frank and Jonathon at the Pan without Bernie and I. No fair!

We've been looking at houses to buy this week end in Portland. Some are really nice. It's time to stop throwing our money away on rent!

And we missed Farmerman too. Damn!

Mix me a frozen Margaritta, Wassau......I'm in need of cooling off.

Love y'all.
0 Replies
 
spendius
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 03:57 am
Hello Lola.

Good fun innit?
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 09:34 am
http://imgcash1.imageshack.us/img376/8703/1001093hy6.th.jpg

http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img110/7676/1001089km4.th.jpg

http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img376/7645/1001088tn5.th.jpg

Just don't know how to make these images bigger--but you get the idea. Joe Nation (Jonathan), Kicky (Kicky), and me! And the sunset from the Pan.
0 Replies
 
Joe Nation
 
  1  
Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 10:45 am
Well done, Frank.

Joe(Pan'sthePlace)Nation
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 03:11 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Well done, Frank.

Joe(Pan'sthePlace)Nation


I've had a great instructor!

(Aside to the others: Joe has been pounding the "how to post pictures" intructions into my head for years. Concrete ain't that easy to penetrate.)
0 Replies
 
cjhsa
 
  1  
Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 04:37 pm
I can make them bigger but will kill the thread spacing.

Right click on the picture, select properties, and paste the URL into the Address bar, then remove ".th" from the URL, and hit enter.
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 01:12 am
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3756/1001088tn5bp4.jpg
0 Replies
 
McTag
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 02:29 am
I have met these three gentlemen, each as delightful as the other.

JN is not as unfit as he looks.

:wink:
0 Replies
 
Joe Nation
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 03:38 am
Isn't that the most incredible view down the river?


Thank you, McTag. I think...

I'm going to get a running shirt which says on the back :

Yes,
I'm this fat
and
I'm ahead of you.


Joe(You've got to give people incentives.)Nation
0 Replies
 
snood
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 03:49 am
Looks like great fun, guys.

Ya know - y'all all look like folks I'd get a kick outa knowin'.

Mebbe one day, eh?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

What is the most valuable thing you own? - Discussion by BumbleBeeBoogie
Has there been a roll call? - Discussion by gustavratzenhofer
Here's another Trump thread... - Discussion by tsarstepan
Should I be offended? - Question by the prince
How desperate can a christian get? - Discussion by reasoning logic
Is A2K A Religion? - Question by mark noble
Top o' the Mornin' to Ya! - Question by Transcend
8/31/05 : Gas Prices - Discussion by Ken cv
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/07/2020 at 09:18:49