Lola at the Coffee House, Cafe 101

High Seas

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 04:44 pm
Stradee wrote:
.....H, that has got to be the cutest vet card ever! Very Happy

Now if that photo doesn't capture the essence of a dogs feelings when visiting a vet - nothing does. Darling doggie pic.

I knew you would love it. I wish I could upload it (along with a view of the back of the card where they say their vets make house calls) but I didn't keep an extra.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:42 pm
H, the copy/scan/printer stopped working so there's no way to transfer the card to the computer at the present time.

Safely stored bookmark for 'Psychic Pets" Smile - will post when new computer equipment arrives, probably a month.

Called a few vets offices and they said when circumstances permit, {an elderly or very sick animal - and of course large animals {horses, cattle, sheep, etc} the vets make housecalls.

Sick feral animals = Wildlife rescue

Human emergency housecalls = ambulance or helicopter
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 06:10 pm
This is an absolutely must-read for anyone here who loves animals - meaning all of you: "Minding Animals" by Marc Beckoff

http://books.google.com/books?id=hevhW5lvEBsC&vq=minding+animals&source=gbs_summary_s&cad=0
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 06:19 pm
Happy Birthday to our Bernie Very Happy
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:29 am
ehBeth wrote:
Happy Birthday to our Bernie Very Happy

Good for you Beth! Bernie's 60! He honestly qualifies as an old fart now. And he can prove it.........he's already asleep.......has been since 10 PM.

I'll let him know you sent your wishes.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:31 am
Stradee wrote:
Aww, Tweetie to you to, Bernie.

H, for those who didn't attend the Westminster event...
... here's little "Uno" face!

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/02/13/sports/13dogs.2.600.jpg

This dog is a very special dog. Everyone falls in love with him. He is adorable.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:33 am
Stradee wrote:
OMG!

Finally

My best to you both, Lola and Bernie, wishing you all the happiness in the world!

You all are neighbors now! Very Happy

Mz HofT ~ where's my e mail!!! Smile

We are? How close?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:35 am
the prince wrote:
Lola's legs become better as the days go by

I only wish........

It looks like y'all have been going on without me.........I'll remember to check in here more often.

Love to you all!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:44 am
Stradee wrote:
awwww - two kittens! Smile

H, that has got to be the cutest vet card ever! Very Happy

Now if that photo doesn't capture the essence of a dogs feelings when visiting a vet - nothing does. Darling doggie pic.

Mz. Bella doesn't visit the vet. She sees the kitty carrier, bolts, yells, burrows somewhere in the house, and doesn't reappear for days.

I love Beagles. We had one named Dopey when I was a kid. Very lovable and smart too.

Beth..........it's gotta be a cat.......neither Bernie or I can manage to take the darling out for a walk four or so times a day!

My daughter in Dallas......he cat had a huge stroke and died last month. He was much beloved.......he's brother to the cat Bernie and I have now. Anyway, she abopted an adorable, petite, one year old tordie kitten, female. A sweet, playful and gentle cat. When I was visiting over the last several weeks, Quintana slept with me. She snuggled right in. Bernie and I have decided that we have to find a sweet kitten type for our Zana to adopt. If only we had the time to look for the right one. One will come along eventually and when she does.........we'll know it.

I've been in Texas a lot since Christmas. My sad news is that my Mom died last week. She was 96 and had a long good life. But we'll all miss her.

HofT........we missed you in New York. We were very sick while we were in the city. Very miserable. So when are you coming to visit us here?

Best to all my cafe friends!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 07:57 am
smooches to all the wimmins I loves and to lola whoms I loves mostest bigger
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 09:07 am
BBB
Well! Well! Our friend Bernard made it to 60. Congratulations for disproving the myth that the good die young. :wink:

BBB
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 11:30 am
Lola, I'm very sorry to hear about your mother.

I always imagined her as positively indomitable.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 11:41 am
Lola wrote:
....... My sad news is that my Mom died last week. She was 96 and had a long good life. But we'll all miss her.

HofT........we missed you in New York. We were very sick while we were in the city. Very miserable. So when are you coming to visit us here?

Best to all my cafe friends!

Lola - condolences for your mom; it's sad, no matter at what age it happens...

I also was sorry to miss you in NY; I knew you had been ill - remember, you and Bernie called me to say that! - and glad to hear you're better now. I may be stopping by on my way to / from China next time I go there, but have no date as yet.

Last but not least, many happy returns to Bernie - love you too Smile
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 02:23 pm
thanks sweety

I just did a count. I have exactly 60 liver spots.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 02:57 pm
blatham wrote:
thanks sweety

Before cuddling conservative ladies, dear older friend [I'm still for 353 days in my 50's!], you perhaps could have a look at your birthday thread ...
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:01 pm
Lola my sincere condolences for the loss of your mother. Hang tough.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:29 pm
Lola wrote:
Stradee wrote:
OMG!

Finally

My best to you both, Lola and Bernie, wishing you all the happiness in the world!

You all are neighbors now! Very Happy

Mz HofT ~ where's my e mail!!! Smile

We are? How close?

Lola, you'll have to ask Hoft of Bernie cause i get lost going to the grocery store anymore - California is right next door to Oregon, and if you guys live near Grants Pass - then you're 7 hours away from the Bay Area.

So very sad hearing about your mom, Lola. Never easy losing family members. Sending good thoughts to you and your family.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 09:38 pm
Walter...thanks, osso just sent me a pm.

stradee...we're in Portland, which of course sits right at the very top of the state so that makes the trip about 10 hours. Not far. Vancouver is 5 or so and I love driving.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 11:14 am
How very cool you guys are just a few hours from Vancouver! Hurray!

Bernie, and Happy Birthday!

Lola, Begals are the sweetest dogs, temperment and all.

Glad you and the Bernie have settled in and are making a home in the Portland area. Lovely place. Smile

Hoft, haven't read the book, but will be certain to check out and order. Good God, girl! China! godspeed n' stay home! Shocked Very Happy
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 03:27 pm
Thanks to all for your condolences. It was sad, but we celebrated her life in an inspiring way at her memorial service.

Beth,

She held on for a long time. Each year she would say to me, "can you believe it? I made it another year." Her quality of life had so deteriorated however in the end that I think she thought it was time to go.
0 Replies