abusive husband

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 09:03 pm
Re: today's another day
mamaof3 wrote:
But he mentioned that If I left him he will burn my parents house because he has access to the oil. "Cause he thinks if i left it will be to my parents house.

And please don't take what he said lightly. While it is true that abusers often make threats to the victim and her family....it is also true that leaving is when a lot of women are badly hurt or even killed. So never leave him when he is home, if at all possible.

I truly hope you are putting together some kind of "safety plan" for you and your children. You really can not afford to be idle in this situation. If for no other reason than the love of your children .... call the National Domestic Violence Hotline @ 1.800.799.SAFE.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 09:44 pm
I agree with Brooke. You must have a quick escape plan, just in case. Hide money where he won't find it and you can get at it. Men like this are serious when they use threats. Men like this are capable of doing what they say. Men like this only get worse over time. I'm sorry your daughters are learning it's acceptable to stay in an abusive relationship, I hope it doesn't effect them in their relationship choices as adults.

I was glad to see on another thread that you are looking for work. I think if you can be financially independent it will help you break free of this man. You deserve to be respected, loved and safe.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 05:31 am
Re: today's another day
[quote="mamaof3"]If Ii go to a shelter and any of my kids boy or girls gets a target for the some predator i would never forgive my self. [/quote]

I can see what you are saying, and I understand that it will not be easy starting all over with three children.

Just one question:
Could you forgive yourself if you stayed for longer than necessary and your husband hurt your children?

There will be dangers to you and your children always and everywhere.
You can get hit by a car, just crossing a road!

But please don't use that as an excuse to subject your children to a lot of damage to their future lives, just because the damage is not apparent, yet!
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 01:55 am
I just wanted to say welcome and tell you that you are in just the right place to get the advice you need. I know a thing or two about spousial abuse and this is where I came for help. I hope you get the advice you are looking for and the answers you need to help you make the right decisions. Good luck to you.
0 Replies

mamaof3

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 02:10 pm
it's been a year and nothing ...we only fought once and he didn't lay his hand on me so ..so far so good.
I have been trying and I think he has been trying too so I can't complain now. Do I know if it will happen again no I don't every time he gets angry I am afraid but he has been able to control himself very well.....Kids are in a better state of mind and I bet even they can feel that its a home now. I feel really bad for my kids. My son turned 10 and he was so happy to be in 2 digit numbers.
Looking for work now because all the kiddies are in school but haven't been lucky so far. hope fully things will turn around.
0 Replies

mamaof3

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:25 pm
it happened again last week and this one was worse... i got bruised... we r currently not talking but i fear that it is getting worse... getting a therapist to help us out i hope he will sit through it with me. just thought u guys should know... after 2 years i got beat up again and my kids herd every thing... that sucked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:28 pm
Can't you go somewhere? Do you have family - a sister or mother or brother?
0 Replies