CMON, CANT WE JUST GET THIS RECESSION STARTED?

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 06:59 am
PAul Krugman is "sort of" certain that were in the beginning of a significant recession. He feels that itll last until about 2010. Happy now all gloom and doomists?
MAybe now, that were in a recession, the news will focus on how the little "lights t the end" are beginning to show, or at least, "here are some things that evidence that the bottom point hyas been reached"
KRUGMAN FEELS THAT RECESSION IS UNDERWAY
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 841 • Replies: 11
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 07:43 am
Say it often enough and it becomes real.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 07:45 am
hopefully the housing market will still be crashed in the fall so I can get a good deal on a townhouse.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 07:49 am
For every winner there has to be a loser.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 07:51 am
ain't it the truth.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 08:04 am
As long as your not trying to sell your present property first. I figure that , by the fall, itd be a good time to do some "bottom feeding" on undervalued stocks.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 08:17 am
farmerman wrote:
As long as your not trying to sell your present property first. I figure that , by the fall, itd be a good time to do some "bottom feeding" on undervalued stocks.

I'm counting on it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 12:48 pm
Front page story this morning. People are cashing in their holiday gift cards at WalMart for run-of-the-mill grocery necessities rather than trendy clothes or electronic gadgets.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 03:10 pm
someone asked me what Id be doing with my "rebate". I said , probably paying for fuel oil or my increased electric bill.

Im relatively comfortable and we notice that there are really extreme jumps in all basic expenses. Fuel, food, taxes, electricity.

Im glad we dont have a mortagage on top.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 03:22 pm
This is pledge week at PBS. They are having trouble meeting their fundraising targets.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 05:30 pm
trendy clothes at wal Mart? Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 10:07 am
When you're spending other people's money--and gift certificates are other people's money--your clothing purchases are trendy.
0 Replies