Your Most Memorable Intimate/Romantic Moment~

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 04:50 pm
Cav, you sick, sick, bastard.

Anyway, this one time, my sister and I were playing doctor...
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 04:52 pm
Challenge to cav-- Dare to top the ultra romantic meeting with your wife over some food dish you shared on another thread, and I shall fall in a lump off my chair!

Enjoying the vignettes-- Dys--I know there's more where that came from.

A moment from me-- Doesn't sound like much. I guess you had to be there.

I was on a boardwalk at Daytona on vacation. I was 15; the product of Sunday School, Vacation Bible School etc,... in a hot bathing suit I'd hidden from my parents. I walked up to a vendor window to buy something--

--and when I looked up and locked eyes with the vendor guy, I had an experience I'd never had before, or since.

His eyes were piercing blue; his hair long and flowy, light brown, sun-streaked with blond. He looked like (my perception of) Jesus. I couldn't speak--couldn't take my eyes from his. Couldn't breathe. I just stared. He was the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen--his eyes absolutely defied me to look away.

After a couple of seconds, he figured out I was transfixed. He smiled, and stood there for me as I gazed. I was finally able to walk away, unable to speak to him. I can still see his face...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:19 pm
Sofia, that would have been chocolate cheesecake, but I'm damned if I remember what thread it was posted in.

Hmm...lemme think....

Back in high school, as a senior, I met a junior who looked waayyy older than she was. We got friendly. Stoopid me was a bit hesitant, due to her age, but one day I said "Hey, I can walk you home if you want." We lived near each other.

She said "Really?" Then she gave me a long, intimate hug, and we walked home. A couple of days later she said "look what I made in art class, you can have it." It was a pom-pom with two paper eyes pasted on it. I kept that darned thing for ages.

We went out, but I could not overcome my shyness and weirdness about the age difference....maybe it was because my dad thought she was hot, and that really grossed me out Laughing

Anyway, now she's married and a lawyer.

Sofia, nothing can top the night I officially dated my wife....not the cheesecake episode, just so you know....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:54 pm
Sofia, might that vendor have been me? I haven't aged well, and might look different, but look at my eyes. Do you see the vendor? I remember the incident clearly. I've missed you.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:55 pm
Ohgoodlord.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:58 pm
Stop it, Rae.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 06:11 pm
No offense meant, sir. On the contrary, you made me smile today. Twice. Thanks.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 06:13 pm
Sir? My, my, aren't we formal. From now on, just call me Gus.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 06:14 pm
Yes sir. I mean, Gus.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 06:37 pm
bookmark

(yes yes, i know. but i gotta go to bed now. perhaps later.)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 08:27 pm
My man and I were enjoying searching for shells walking down the beach. Out of nowhere, it started to rain, then came down in buckets. Everyone was so surprised, where had it come from?

We live in Florida, so you know the rain was a welcome relief. We started running, and laughing hysterically as we ran, and ran, and ran!

The rain stopped as abruptly as it started, and we hugged ... I will never forget that moment with my beautiful grandson Doug:)
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 10:42 pm
Misti-- Very Happy

Gustav-- No, it couldn't be you. I gazed at your avatar, you know--to check--and my knees didn't lock, I didn't get that feeling of falling, and I was able to maintain normal breathing patterns. Disappointing that you didn't produce myocardial infarction symptoms. Its what we live for... You must have thrilled some other tourist. :wink:

Now I will be miserable trying to figgur out where cav told that scrumptious Chocolate Cheesecake story. He and his wife have that Moonlighting chemistry. Dammit. This is going to drive me crazy. {You will tell the date story. Oh yes. You will.}
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 11:17 pm
I wanna hear Cav's date story! Wink

Here's my romantic story:

My husband and I dated on and off for eight years and then lived together for two years before getting married. We had an insane (wonderful, but insane) wedding, and so by the time we got to Amsterdam for our honeymoon we were exhausted -- both from jet lag and from ten days of non-stop family festivities. We checked into our "Art Hotel" which turned out to be more of a hostel, to our great surprise. We looked around at the 100 square feet of space for the non-existant mini-bar and finally just looked at each other and started cracking up. He went downstairs and bought a couple of bottles of Heineken, and we just sat by the open window with our feet up, sipping beer, not saying anything, but enjoying the difference that being married had made in the way we thought about our relationship. It was comfortably romantic, and we did that same thing every afternoon in between our walks through the city. We even have a great pic of our feet up on the window sill as we listened to the crowd below.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 11:36 pm
LibertyD--
I......really........love.......that..........story.
This is what is so naturally cool about 'intimate' moments. It can be something so simple, that doesn't smack of 'a moment', but its the mood, the particular connection between the two people.

Thank you so much for sharing it.

Looking forward to nimh's possible contributions, and Rae has tried to stay below the radar, flirting with Gustav, but RAE--you owe some intimate moments!

In gothic repose, languorously pining for more tales of Gustav's journeys. Thunderbird...... Good times Razz .
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 11:38 pm
Dammit! I thought she'd forgotten about me! Dammit!

I got nuthin, ma'am. I am SO romanctically challenged. Shocked
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 01:18 am
You are soo not, Rae! You're hiding a throbbing epic!!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 01:24 am
Are too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 08:19 am
Sofia/ Cav, here ya go. (Have I mentioned that the "search" function rocks?)

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=315711#315711
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 08:20 am
well all of these stories are great!! thanks for the welcome. i don't have many mushy moments and i have to say the grandson one was awesome because from my personal experience my nephew and godson izaiah is my favorite person. and i am his in return. i know his love will never leave me and i know i will be his favorite aunt forever and ever.

the homeless lady thing was cute too. i am such a romantic!!! Cool
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:55 am
Cav's Cheesecake Reprint-- (Thanks, sozobe!!)

Mrs. cav was interested in me, and I liked her just fine too, but we were pretty much strangers. Thing was, she thought I hated her, because of my generally aloof manner, and occasionally penetrating glare (so she says....I was just looking at her in an admiring way, to the best of my ability ). We met at a martial arts school, so the situation was social, like uni. The school had a pot-luck gathering and I made a chocolate cheescake, which I brought in a proper bakery box, as I was selling baked goods at the time. She looked at the box and said "What is it?" I said "Chocolate cheesecake, I made it." She said "No you didn't. I see the box." (Okay, at this point, I am getting a little pissed off, but I am stubborn) "I have my own catering company, that's why I have the box." She says: "Well, I hate cheesecake anyway." I say, "You haven't tried mine, have you?"

When the desserts were served, she did indeed try some of my chocolate cheesecake. She pondered for a bit, then asked me "This isn't Belgian chocolate, is it?" I said "No, actually, it's French." She said "I knew it wasn't Belgian because if it had been, I would be orgasming all over the table right now."

Well....the rest as they say is history. Moral: Often love hits you when you least expect it. Try to force it, it won't happen.
0 Replies