Your Most Memorable Intimate/Romantic Moment~

Sofia

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 12:36 am
I was hoping we could share those meaningful, knowing exchanges with our partner, or our most significant lover.

Was it a gesture, a location, or what she/he said? Is there one small space in time that you cherish more than any other?

I'll share my husband's. He told me this many years afterwards.
He had estranged from his parents, and was dirt poor, putting himself through school. He didn't want me to know about his financial situation, because he thought I would drop him if I knew. It was only our second date. He was very sensitive about his old car, his sparse wardrobe, his SteaksRUs wallet--because his parents were wealthy, and he wasn't used to 'roughing it'.

We were driving from dinner in a pouring rainstorm, in his really old Mustang, when the car died. He turned red, and tried to coax the car, but it was going nowhere.

I turned to him and smiled, and said, "I love walking in the rain. C'Mon."

We walked to his apartment, like we were walking on the beach, holding hands, talking and laughing. Years later, he told me that was the night he fell in love with me. Sometimes, it can be the simplest thing.

<I had never walked in the rain before> :wink:

Looking forward to your stories!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,899 • Replies: 55
No top replies

Rae

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 12:45 am
Wow! Couldn't top that story for all the smiles in the world! I've got goosebumps! Very Happy
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 03:48 am
I can't top it either but I will share mine. I was on base at the time I was stationed at Ft. Bragg. Keep in mind my wife living in Georgia has to drive a lil to come see me. I'm getting ready to take a class of students up for a jump every 1 of them is still green. My wife who went through some ROTC walks up to me as I'm putting on my gear, says "you know what? I've been in love with you ever since we met in detroit I even tried to find you after you left, I thought you would never be near me again but here we are" I was speechless. She then tells me she wants to spend her life with me and that I was always on her mind. Needless to say someone else took that class up and I carried her to my truck and well I'm pretty sure you can take it from there. It may not seem romantic but it was and is to me.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 03:51 am
Awwwww Embarrassed
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 10:10 am
So sweet!

Here's mine, which I may have told before...

E.G. and I had been together for only a few weeks when he had to go on a short trip. We were at that stage where we were spending every waking (and sleeping) moment together, and the trip seemed like an unbearable privation.

He had just given me the book "Possession", which I hadn't read before or even really heard of at the time. When he was gone, I read it. He was due to be home on Friday, and on Thursday evening I finished it as the sun went down over the lake, sitting in my room by the window, reading the last lines of the book by the last glimmer of the sunset.

After I finished, I sat there in my dark room, looking out the window, and pining for him. I didn't want to wait until the next day, I wanted to see him RIGHT NOW. I sat there for a long time, thinking about how wonderful he was and how much I missed him and how much I wanted to see him.

Then the door to my room suddenly opened, and there he was, silhouetted against the light from the hall... "You called?" he said.

He had managed to leave a bit earlier than expected, but when he arrived home (this was just before he moved into the co-op, when he still had his own apt.), he was exhausted and wanted to take a little nap before seeing me. But the phone rang... he answered it and nobody was there. While he knew it wasn't really me (I'm deaf and don't use the phone), he somehow took from that that I needed him, and got on his bike and came right over. (I lived in the co-op and rarely locked the door to my room, and he had already been accepted as a member [how we met] and had access to the house as a whole is how he got in.)

We have a few cue-Twilight-Zone-music stories like that.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 10:43 am
I made out with my now girlfriend at a bar, while my-then-date was in the bathroom puking from drinking too much.

TOP THAT!

And I don't even remember it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 11:09 am
Slappy has a girlfriend!! Very Happy
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 11:09 am
Slappy Doo Hoo, your such a heart breaker!

my most romantic moment.
my boyfriend took me on a hike (we had been together 2 weeks) and we were all alone on this mountain looking down at the tiny world below, when i looked over at him and he was staring at me. i was like uh oh do i have food on my face? he was like no i just can't get over how beautiful you are. i almost started crying.

later when we were hiking back down the mountain a spider crawled down my shirt and i ripped my shirt off screaming bloody murder slapping my self to get the spider off, he says that is his favorite moment.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 12:05 pm
sozobe wrote:
Slappy has a girlfriend!! Very Happy

She cornered me into it.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 12:06 pm
Awwwww. These are nice.
safecracker-- Smile
sozobe-- Wow. Romance, mind melding, silhouttes... That really is a neat story.
Slappy-- A classic romantic moment...< Shocked >
Rae-- C'Mon! Walking in the rain is easily toppable, or comparable! Are you really going to try to tell me you you and a paramour never slurped up a string of spaghetti--and were never transfixed, lip to lip? Please don't try to pull one on me!! Very Happy
aimeemarie123-- HIYA! WELCOME!!! I love your story. It has emotion, partial nudity and good location!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 12:09 pm
Thank goodness. A woman to begin the long training process of our Slappy Doo Hoo.

I hope she is up to the maddening task.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 02:19 pm
One day I noticed a new neighbor standing in the driveway next door as I was walking by. She had long, flowing blond hair, and cute pink shoes. I walked up and said "hello, and welcome to the neighborhood." She then looked up at me with those big blue eyes, she held up four fingers and said "I'm this many." I then felt a sudden sharp pain as her mom hit me over the head with her pocket book.

I saw stars.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 02:20 pm
Yes, Slappy, you're still a veddy veddy bad boy even though you have a girlfriend. We know that.

(Is this Ms. Threesome or someone else?)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 02:28 pm
Ms. Potential Threesome is a dead fish. More talk, less walk.

And me? Bad? Neeeeeeever.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 03:23 pm
Several years ago I was in Toledo, broke, hungry, and dirty. I had briefly considered getting a job but then dismissed the thought as frivolous. I wandered the streets at night looking for a place to stay; a cardboard box, a dumpster, under a bridge, these were all worthy considerations. As I was walking through a distressed neighborhood I heard the soothing sounds of Schubert's Overture to "Der Teufel als Hydraulicus Hypnotized, I floated toward the music. It seemed to be coming from beneath the bridge I was walking over. As I descended the hill and peered under the overpass the vision I saw took my breath away.

A woman covered in rags and munching on a bag of tortillas was swaying to the music coming from her transistor radio. Nearby was a bottle of Thunderbird wine, my personal favorite. She was momentarily startled when she heard my footsteps, but then smiled and beckoned me to join her. Her solitary tooth gleamed in the moonlight.

We sat under the bridge for hours, munching tortillas and drinking the sweet wine. Afterward, we made passionate love and fell asleep in each others arms. When I awoke the following morning... she was gone.

She had etched a note into the side of the bridge. It was simple, yet I shall never forget those words. It said, "You have made me a complete woman, Gus. I am now going to the dentist."

I never saw her again, and since then I have remained celibate. I realize It was a special time and I shall spend the rest of my days searching for her.

My journey continues.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 03:26 pm
Ohgoodlord.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 03:33 pm
I'm just surprised that Slappy didn't open with "My mom and I were in the bath..."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 03:47 pm
it was in 1961 down by the lake in the back seat of my '48 Packard convertable when the cops flash light appeared and the voice asking for my drivers license. Link Wray was playing Rumble on the a.m. radio out of KOMA Oklahoma City.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 04:04 pm
One that is suitable to repeat, and was the first to come to mind, involves driving home from a party, with my beloved (at the time - sadly a friend only, now - siiiigggghhhhhhh - anyway..) who was a little intoxicated. So was I, frankly, but less so, so I was watching my driving very carefully.

I noticed beloved was holding part of my very long dress to his nose (near the HEM, ok!?) and sniffing with an ecstatic look on his face.

Slightly alarmed, I asked him what he was doing - he looked up with a melting look on his face and said: "I can't touch you when you need to drive so carefully, but at least I can hold this - it smells of you."

(I took a sniff later, slightly worried - but it smelt of Givenchy III, which was the perfume I used at the time then...heehee - phew.....)

That same fella used to leave little notes on my car all the time - or on the bed - poetry, funny, loving rambles, crazy little squibs - it was always a pleasure to go anywhere they might be found and wonder if there would be one, and what it would say - I have kept a number of them.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 04:18 pm
Givenchy III: This Time It's Personal Laughing

I shall return with stories....I promise....Wink
0 Replies