Love?

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 10:57 pm
LOVE?

I love... water,wine,willows,walnuts,whisky,wit,wenches,wife????.

Love is quite a stupid word, used the way we do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 728 • Replies: 6
No top replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 11:19 pm
When backed up with actions, timing, tonalities, and a deep connection, it's the most powerful word we can use, and encompasses everything we are and everything the other person is to us.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 11:25 pm
If we both cared about and understood love we would have a whole slew of words for all of the variations in the meaning of the state normally called love. As it stands we have only two, love and agape, and agape has become archaic.

Our language is deficient, but only because we allow it to remain that way.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 07:14 am
Words are said thoughtlessly sometimes, that's why they do not mean all that much to me!

An Ex once said I LOVE YOU AND ONLY YOU! after I left him!

Well, I did not like his definition of love.
The actions were missing!
0 Replies

amyjanelle07

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 12:05 pm
You are right that there are many different forms of love, but this is something that only you can know for sure. If you truly love something, you know it. Although, there are varying degrees of love in a relationship. A new couple may have some level of love-which could never be compared to the love shared between a couple together for 20+ years. Ultimately, you are the ultimate authority as to what love truly is. But be careful-this culture commonly confuses love and lust.
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 10:32 pm
Quote..
When backed up with actions, timing, tonalities, and a deep connection, it's the most powerful word we can use, and encompasses everything we are and everything the other person is to us. Unquote

You mean like... I love to make love to you love, I love it when we make love,my love. Pass me a cigerate love, I love a cigerate ofter we make love,love.

or... I love a good steak and egg, love the smell of it cooking, love it medium rare... love a cigerate after a good meal of steak,love.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 11:53 pm
Quote:
or... I love a good steak and egg, love the smell of it cooking, love it medium rare

I suppose one can share a deep connection with Steak & Eggs...not to mention timing ! Laughing
0 Replies