dadpad

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 04:03 am
I woulda just smacked him one.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 07:10 am
contrex wrote:
2. Pound sand.

We pounded the sands of Normandy so you could finish your brie and Chablis ya little punk.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 07:46 am
cjhsa wrote:
contrex wrote:
2. Pound sand.

We pounded the sands of Normandy so you could finish your brie and Chablis ya little punk.

So there were only Americans taking part in D-Day?

And didn't the British MAUD Committee show you how to make an A-bomb?

Read some history, bigmouth.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 08:07 am
Read history? Impossible, it's all been rewritten by apologists and those with left wing agendas.

Better to get it from the mouths of those that lived it.

An elderly gentleman of 83 arrived in Paris by plane. At the French
customs desk, the man took a few minutes to locate his passport in his
carry-on bag. "You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs
officer asked, sarcastically. The elderly gentleman admitted he had been
to France previously. "Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."

The American said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to
show it." "Impossible. Americans always have to show their passports on
arrival in France!" The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard
look. Then he quietly explained. "Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find any
Frenchmen to show it to."
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 08:18 am
cjhsa wrote:
Read history? Impossible, it's all been rewritten by apologists and those with left wing agendas.
Quote:

Quote:
The majority of troops who landed on the D-Day beaches were from Great Britain, Canada and the US. However, troops from many other countries participated in D-Day and the Battle of Normandy, in all the different armed services: Australia, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, France, Greece, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Poland.

On D-Day, the Allies landed around 156,000 troops in Normandy. The American forces landed numbered 73,000: 23,250 on Utah Beach, 34,250 on Omaha Beach, and 15,500 airborne troops. In the British and Canadian sector, 83,115 troops were landed (61,715 of them British): 24,970 on Gold Beach, 21,400 on Juno Beach, 28,845 on Sword Beach, and 7900 airborne troops.

On D-Day, the Allies landed around 156,000 troops in Normandy. The American forces landed numbered 73,000: 23,250 on Utah Beach, 34,250 on Omaha Beach, and 15,500 airborne troops. In the British and Canadian sector, 83,115 troops were landed (61,715 of them British): 24,970 on Gold Beach, 21,400 on Juno Beach, 28,845 on Sword Beach, and 7900 airborne troops.
D-Day Museum
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 08:24 am
Proving what, Walt?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 08:24 am
contrex wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
contrex wrote:
2. Pound sand.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 08:54 am
The American forces landed numbered 73,000.

In the British and Canadian sector, 83,115 troops were landed.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 09:04 am
contrex wrote:
The American forces landed numbered 73,000.

In the British and Canadian sector, 83,115 troops were landed.
Stop this immediately, you're just messing with Shiksa's mind. Reality is vera hard for her to deal with sans guns.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 10:00 am
You must be messing with my mind because I don't know what the hell point you are trying to make.

Is is that contrex claims to be ex-UK living in France? Or is it that you have some secret handshake pass that you give him, the rudest POS poster on A2K?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 10:13 am
Shiksa wrote:
the rudest POS poster on A2K?
yes i suppose you are or nearly are. But we generally accept your mindless drivel with hopes that your medications will kick in at some point.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 10:17 am
Dude, I'm only rude to you because you consider yourself to be the brunt of my points. Maybe you are, I don't really know or care.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 11:11 am
cjhsa wrote:
You must be messing with my mind because I don't know what the hell point you are trying to make.

Just to get it in order, and maybe that you can follow, cjhsa.

You wrote:

[Personal remark: Not many British like Brie, and only a few would have had Brie and Chablis in those days, if any at all. Besides that: Brie goes with red Bordeaux or Bourgogne. Or Champagne.]

cotrex responded to that:
Quote:

Then you got the data.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 11:16 am
Personally I think beer pairs better with food than wine does. Nothing against wine.

To each their own.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 11:22 am
cjhsa wrote:
Personally I think beer pairs better with food than wine does. Nothing against wine.

To each their own.

Well, both Brie and Chablis are French origin. So how could you know?

Nevertheless this wasn't the main point - besides that you implied, only the US took part on the D-Day invasion, and thus gave the British to get on drinking Chabls and eating Brie.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 11:25 am
I implied nothing of the sort. Contrex lives in France. He's french for all intensive purposes. Or are you saying he serves as a metaphor for captured British troops, who amongst other things the allies were trying to free that day?

Anyway, thanks for derailing the thread. Just an FYI, I don't like brie. I do like German cambazola and similar offerings from the Danes. I do like a good steely dry Chablis, the real stuff, not the American imitation.
0 Replies

username

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 11:31 am
cjhsa says:

"A lot of people, including me, carry a guy when they go fishing"

He carries a guy when he fishes? Just what is he doing with that guy? Sounds kinda kinky.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 11:32 am
username wrote:
cjhsa says:

"A lot of people, including me, carry a guy when they go fishing"

He carries a guy when he fishes? Just what is he doing with that guy? Sounds kinda kinky.

You can always spot someone who doesn't fish.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 11:42 am
cjhsa wrote:
Contrex lives in France. He's french for all intensive purposes.

That's a phantastic logic - so the about 50 US-citizens in our town are actually Germans?
0 Replies