2008 Issue by issue: Who do you prefer and why?

Advocate

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 02:29 pm
Healthcare: We should extend a version of Medicare to everyone. Its overhead is 2.5 % versus 22-25 % for health insurance companies.

Abortion: Banning it would be stupid. It would merely send women to the back alleys or, for those with money, other countries.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 03:19 pm
Re: 2008 Issue by issue: Who do you prefer and why?
okie wrote:
Abortion: Republicans oppose murder of unborn, so no question who is better on this. The issue is the protection of life, the most sacred thing we have.

Mitt Romney

Rudy Giuliani
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 03:25 pm
I stand corrected on Giuliani, but in regard to Romney, I have heard him explain his change of heart on abortion from what he thought a few years ago, and I find no reason to disbelieve his explanation at this point. You video of Romney was from 2002. Changing ones mind over a period of years is not a flip-flop. Changing it from morning to evening, repeatedly, would be.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 03:30 pm
okie wrote:
Changing ones mind over a period of years is not a flip-flop.

It isn't? I thought that was the definition when Kerry ran for president.

However, maybe you can point out when exactly Romney changed his mind. If it was the day when he decided to run for president, you may colour me sceptical.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 03:55 pm
old europe wrote:
okie wrote:
Changing ones mind over a period of years is not a flip-flop.

It isn't? I thought that was the definition when Kerry ran for president.

However, maybe you can point out when exactly Romney changed his mind. If it was the day when he decided to run for president, you may colour me sceptical.

Kerry flip flopped in the same sentence. Another good example is Clinton, she flip flopped in the same day on immigration and drivers licenses in New York.

I don't suppose you have ever changed your mind from what you thought years ago?

I in fact changed my mind on abortion a long long time ago.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 03:57 pm
Re: 2008 Issue by issue: Who do you prefer and why?
OCCOM BILL wrote:
...what issues matter most to you, who's got it right and wrong, and who do you favor to be the next President of the United States.

Immigration:
Health Care:
Iraq:
Taxes: IRS should be replaced with a Sales Tax.

Energy:[/b

[b]Trade:

Abortion:
Gay Marriage:
Scumbag Quotient:

No Amnesty on immigration AND a threat to stack the SC against Roe Vs Wade separates the two tiers of Republicans IMO. These issues coupled with Health Care and the Death Tax are what have me leaning further Left than ever before.

Obama Vs. either Giuliani or McCain strikes me as a win/win situation overall. This is unprecedented in a presidential election in my lifetime.

I agree with several of those assessments but, generally, you left out a couple of dozen issues which I'd not feel good a bout leaving out.

Generally I have about a baker's half dozen issues with republicans and these are:

• "Right-2-Life(TM)"
  • "War on Drugs(TM)"
  • One-world/CFR/Skull-Bones ideas and conspiracies
  • Cowardice, lack of enemy recognition in dealing with things like the NEA etc

Like I say, it's a sort of a short list. Theoretical worst item is the right2life thing; in real life, worst possible case if dems are annihilated is that some chick who has to fly from Tuscogee Ok to NY for abortions more than once might end up deciding she'd be happier living in NY and not fly back the last time.

The list for demokkkrats is much longer and includes, minimally:

• Power madness: Vote fraud, vote manufacturing, Algor's attempted coup d'etat in 00 etc. etc. Dems truly believe they have some sort of a devine right to rule and that it doesn't matter what they have to do to achieve rule.
  • Victimology: the end goal of making everybody into victims of one stripe or other, all in need of help which only the demokkkrat party and government can provide. The main thing most Americans are victims of in real life is the demokkkrat party of course.
  • Racism: legitimizing thugs and gangsters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton; garrish spectacles such as we observed at Duke University...
  • Theory of the bottom half: It's an absolute fact that half the people of any nation are brighter and better off than the other half. No decent political party should seek to use that fact as a basis for rule, but the demokkkrats do.
  • Energy and green madness: dems have sabotaged every effort which has ever been made to improve our energy picture over the last 50 years.
  • Junk Science as a hedge against democratic practices and democracy: "Global Warming(TM)" etc.
  • Treason: If republican leaders had ever conducted themselves in 1942 the way dem leaders have conducted themselves since 2003, the republican party would have been outlawed and banned, and its leaders rounded up and put in cages at the national zoo, and the bars welded shut. This is part and parcel of that item about power madness above.
  • Education. The NEA and the govt. school system directly harm American children. Public schools probably need to be abolished at this point in time.
  • Political Correctness, the end of free speech in areas controlled by demokkkrats, particularly schools.
  • Gun Control: willingness to trample our constitution for the sake of gathering in one more little flake group.
  • Persecution of Christians: From harassing Christians in schools, to things like Waco or Ruby Ridge to SlicKKK KKKlintler's third dog-wagging episode ( Kosovo), Christians always seem to be targetted.
  • The nature of the last demokkkrat regime. I'd need another whole long list to describe this one decently. The KKKlinton regime was enough to keep me voting against demokkkrats for the rest of my life.

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 04:38 pm
gunga, that is a nice loutish post. Feel better?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 04:48 pm
okie wrote:
I in fact changed my mind on abortion a long long time ago.

<shrugs>

It would appear that Romney has changed his opinion more than once. Some key points:

- campaign for United States Senate in Massachusetts, 1994
- CEO of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee, 1999 to 2002
- campaign for Governor in Massachusetts, 2002
- and now, his candidacy for President

Feel free to find out what his opinion on abortion was in all of those cases. Maybe you'll also want to find out when he changed his opinion.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 04:52 pm
Kerry was swiftboated. He didn't flipflop. He voted differently on preliminary bills all aimed at the same result.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 04:53 pm
Hey Bill,

Quote:
Taxes: IRS should be replaced with a Sales Tax. Only Gravel, Ron Paul, Huckabee and Thompson score positive points here.

Sorry to tell ya, but you can forget about this.

You should realize that each and every senior out there, would lose 20-30% of their savings instantly under a national Sales Tax; all that money that they supposedly saved tax-free suddenly would be taxed again when they went to spend it.

That = doom for a political position.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 04:56 pm
Under a sales tax system, the misers would make out like bandits. The spenders, who spur the economy, get killed.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 11:36 pm
okie wrote:
ob, I find your list interesting, so will try it. I am limiting it to Romney, McCain, Huckabee, or Giuliani, as I don't think the other Republicans have a chance: For Dems, it would be Clinton, Obama, or Edwards. I don't recommend Clinton or Edwards for anything.
Thank you and thanks for participating in earnest. I hope you don't mind if I respond to some of your thoughts as freely as you did mine.

okie wrote:
Immigration:
Only Republicans are serious about really fixing this, and not all of those are. McCain isn't really serious, although he says he got the message. Romney the best on this. Thompson good but he has no chance.
There is little, if any, difference between McCain and Rudy here. Both are smart enough to know there will be no round up of 12+ million people. Both are smart enough to realize the 2 million or so truly undesirables will be easier to round up, if they can't hide within the ranks of the balance. Only far right Republicans are too stubborn to admit this obvious truth… to the detriment of national security.

okie wrote:
Iraq: McCain strongest on this, but Romney will do.
If you pull the focus back from Iraq alone, and look at the greater "war on terror", Rudy is probably even stronger than McCain... though Romney remains the weak party line yes-man… with no apparent purpose of his own. Just thought you'd like to know.

okie wrote:
Taxes2:
Death taxes are not a big issue. We already exclude amounts down to a million or two. In regard to farms and other businesses, raising the limit could avoid selling and ending up with assets flowing to larger companies. Keep them in the family is better. I don't know which candidate is better on this, but most assuredly Repubs are better on any tax issue. Romney is smarter with business and has the best grasp on this issue.
Why not legislate a specific exemption for small farmers, if this is your intention... rather than throw bones at the entirety of the richest 1%? I understand the strict objectivist point of view here easily enough… but there's little rational rationale left for anyone else (beyond the 1%, of course).

okie wrote:
Energy: Any Republican is better on this, Romney probably the best because he has the best grasp of facts, figures, and the realities of business and energy.
Laughing Your Romney-man-love is beyond evident by now, but on this issue especially. Romney differs from Rudy how exactly?

okie wrote:
Abortion: Republicans oppose murder of unborn, so no question who is better on this. The issue is the protection of life, the most sacred thing we have.
Rudy disagrees, Romney is a flip-flopper, and McCain has wavered as well. At some point; the majority of Republicans will realize they've permanently lost the middle if this is a litmus test. Or they'll struggle in impotence until they do. Until such time as another Lefty makes it to the Supreme Court: I, for instance, will have a very hard time voting Right… and will probably not be voting any Righty's but moderates… almost regardless of who the Left puts up. Please hear this loud and clear.

okie wrote:
Scumbag Quotient: I will mention Obama as a decent man along with all four Republicans I list.
Decent of you to include him. I would encourage all active democratic primary voters to take notice of the incredible bias shown by the middle and even the Right towards Obama. The man has something special… and it seems to be getting noticed by all political walks of life.

okie wrote:
Last note, our enemies around the world would love nothing better than to see a Democrat elected. What should that tell us?
I would think so too, but stopped saying so when someone pointed out there is zero evidence to support this contention. I also think it's only fair to point out that at this juncture: Our friends around the world would love nothing better than to see a Democrat elected… as well. I'm not sure, but suspect, this would be easier to prove… though I have zero intention of trying.

Advocate wrote:
Under a sales tax system, the misers would make out like bandits. The spenders, who spur the economy, get killed.
Only if you lack a healthy death tax to balance the equation. Idea

Cyclo: there is no reason to believe the retiree-savings issue couldn't be included in the equation. Further; a progressive system sold on the solid principles that those who profited most from deferring bills to the next generation are do to pay the piper. This should, theoretically, sell pretty well (though Phoenix seems not to want to respond to the idea at all). I know I owe.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 10:27 am
OB wrote:

"Why not legislate a specific exemption for small farmers, if this is your intention... rather than throw bones at the entirety of the richest 1%? I understand the strict objectivist point of view here easily enough… but there's little rational rationale left for anyone else (beyond the 1%, of course)."

There are already provisions in the tax code protecting small business owners and farmers from the federal estate tax. To be taxable, they would have to have much larger estates than others.

Regarding my point on misers cleaning up with a sales tax, would should they escape taxation during their lifetimes (with the hope that the federal estate tax would finally tax them)? Moreover, the latter only applies to very large estates, and poorer misers would totally beat the system.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 10:29 am
Interesting responses, so I hope you don't mind return comments.
OCCOM BILL wrote:
okie wrote:
ob, I find your list interesting, so will try it. I am limiting it to Romney, McCain, Huckabee, or Giuliani, as I don't think the other Republicans have a chance: For Dems, it would be Clinton, Obama, or Edwards. I don't recommend Clinton or Edwards for anything.
Thank you and thanks for participating in earnest. I hope you don't mind if I respond to some of your thoughts as freely as you did mine.

okie wrote:
Immigration:
Only Republicans are serious about really fixing this, and not all of those are. McCain isn't really serious, although he says he got the message. Romney the best on this. Thompson good but he has no chance.
There is little, if any, difference between McCain and Rudy here. Both are smart enough to know there will be no round up of 12+ million people. Both are smart enough to realize the 2 million or so truly undesirables will be easier to round up, if they can't hide within the ranks of the balance. Only far right Republicans are too stubborn to admit this obvious truth… to the detriment of national security.
A solution similar to yours was tried once already about 20 years ago and it didn't work. We don't have to round people up. If jobs are unavailable and government perks are unavailable, they will return to their home country to apply legally. I don't think you realize even yet how much people are fed up with this problem. Also, in addition to my previous post, Tancredo talked with all the other candidates when he dropped out, and endorsed Romney because he thought he had the best stand on this issue.

Quote:
okie wrote:
Iraq: McCain strongest on this, but Romney will do.
If you pull the focus back from Iraq alone, and look at the greater "war on terror", Rudy is probably even stronger than McCain... though Romney remains the weak party line yes-man… with no apparent purpose of his own. Just thought you'd like to know.
I am going to say something here I've not said before. I have a few trepidations here that Giuliani may be too hawkish for my liking. He is pretty much a one trick pony so far, a one issue man, terrorism, and we have alot of other problems too, and I don't want a president that feels like he has to prove something on that one issue just to be validated. It could lead to an overextension of the wise and prudent policy. I have supported the Iraq war, as Congress did, for all the reasons discussed at length, but I think we will be well served to back off a bit, carry a big stick, but use it very sparingly. This issue is one reason I am leary of Giuliani, so I don't consider it a strength of his necessarily.

Quote:
okie wrote:
Taxes2:
Death taxes are not a big issue. We already exclude amounts down to a million or two. In regard to farms and other businesses, raising the limit could avoid selling and ending up with assets flowing to larger companies. Keep them in the family is better. I don't know which candidate is better on this, but most assuredly Repubs are better on any tax issue. Romney is smarter with business and has the best grasp on this issue.
Why not legislate a specific exemption for small farmers, if this is your intention... rather than throw bones at the entirety of the richest 1%? I understand the strict objectivist point of view here easily enough… but there's little rational rationale left for anyone else (beyond the 1%, of course).
We could exclude small farmers, but why not exclude any business, and differentiate business from investments? This is a very casual question, and I really would need to study this issue further. I have no real strong opinions on it now.

Quote:
okie wrote:
Energy: Any Republican is better on this, Romney probably the best because he has the best grasp of facts, figures, and the realities of business and energy.
Laughing Your Romney-man-love is beyond evident by now, but on this issue especially. Romney differs from Rudy how exactly?

The Romney-man-love comment wasn't needed. Yes, I am leaning to Romney now, but to be honest I haven't made up my mind. I could eventually vote for somebody else. I don't know any of these guys that well. I base my opinion now on the debates. He strikes me as the smartest, most balanced, and most energetic candidate that comes close to my views. So far.

Quote:
okie wrote:
Rudy disagrees, Romney is a flip-flopper, and McCain has wavered as well. At some point; the majority of Republicans will realize they've permanently lost the middle if this is a litmus test. Or they'll struggle in impotence until they do. Until such time as another Lefty makes it to the Supreme Court: I, for instance, will have a very hard time voting Right… and will probably not be voting any Righty's but moderates… almost regardless of who the Left puts up. Please hear this loud and clear.
Why are you so hell bent on the right of women to kill their own offspring? What is it with the liberal mindset on this? Do you have children? Have you been around when a child was born? Long time ago, I was undecided about this, but not anymore, after children and grandchildren. I admit this is a cultural problem that needs to be fixed before it is a legal problem, but we need to use the bully pulpit on this. The president has no authority anyway, beyond nominating judges to apply the current law or interpret the constitution as a Supreme Court justice.

Quote:
okie wrote:
Scumbag Quotient: I will mention Obama as a decent man along with all four Republicans I list.
Decent of you to include him. I would encourage all active democratic primary voters to take notice of the incredible bias shown by the middle and even the Right towards Obama. The man has something special… and it seems to be getting noticed by all political walks of life.
He is a good talker, but can he make decisions, and has he shown us the capability of making decent decisions. I am not convinced, and even if he does, they are all liberal policies that I don't agree with. When I watch him work a crowd, it struck me the other night that it reminded me of the head salesman at a multi-level marketing sales convention.

Quote:
okie wrote:
Last note, our enemies around the world would love nothing better than to see a Democrat elected. What should that tell us?
I would think so too, but stopped saying so when someone pointed out there is zero evidence to support this contention. I also think it's only fair to point out that at this juncture: Our friends around the world would love nothing better than to see a Democrat elected… as well. I'm not sure, but suspect, this would be easier to prove… though I have zero intention of trying.
I think some of the propaganda about Bush being despised and ruining our reputiation is a myth held in the minds of liberals and liberal leaders, but it doesn't hold in the minds of people the way it has been portrayed. People respect anyone that has principles, and Bush has shown that he does. A better judgement of Bush will be written by history many years from now, not in a liberal New York Times column today or yesterday.

Quote:
Advocate wrote:
Only if you lack a healthy death tax to balance the equation. Idea

Cyclo: there is no reason to believe the retiree-savings issue couldn't be included in the equation. Further; a progressive system sold on the solid principles that those who profited most from deferring bills to the next generation are do to pay the piper. This should, theoretically, sell pretty well (though Phoenix seems not to want to respond to the idea at all). I know I owe.
We need to encourage savings more than we have. I am not against a death tax, just an appropriate minimum. And we can make a sales tax progressive to some extent.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 10:45 am
Okie said:

"Why are you so hell bent on the right of women to kill their own offspring? What is it with the liberal mindset on this? Do you have children? Have you been around when a child was born? Long time ago, I was undecided about this, but not anymore, after children and grandchildren. I admit this is a cultural problem that needs to be fixed before it is a legal problem, but we need to use the bully pulpit on this. The president has no authority anyway, beyond nominating judges to apply the current law or interpret the constitution as a Supreme Court justice."

There is no such thing as an unborn child. It is a fetus, and one that can't survive outside the womb during the first trimester. How does anyone have the right to tell a woman that she must continue to carry for nine months?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 10:48 am
Advocate wrote:

There is no such thing as an unborn child. It is a fetus, and one that can't survive outside the womb during the first trimester. How does anyone have the right to tell a woman that she must continue to carry for nine months?

Get lost. I happen to know people that spent alot less than 9 months in the womb, and I beg to differ. We do have the right to tell a woman to take care of a baby, why not one in her body, at least when it is able to survive outside the womb. You have no heart at all if you can't see this.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 10:58 am
okie wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Get lost. I happen to know people that spent alot less than 9 months in the womb, and I beg to differ. We do have the right to tell a woman to take care of a baby, why not one in her body, at least when it is able to survive outside the womb. You have no heart at all if you can't see this.

That's why we have laws about viability and abortions.

Actually, mothers who don't want to take care of their babies are not forced to - adoption is always an option.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 12:14 pm
Advocate wrote:
There are already provisions in the tax code protecting small business owners and farmers from the federal estate tax. To be taxable, they would have to have much larger estates than others.
Dude, no kidding? Rolling Eyes My point is: Sales Tax only works with a substantial death tax. Re-read with that in mind.

okie wrote:
A solution similar to yours was tried once already about 20 years ago and it didn't work. We don't have to round people up. If jobs are unavailable and government perks are unavailable, they will return to their home country to apply legally.
This is among the most fantastic notions going. Unemployment, more than any other factor, leads to crime… not an increased desire to follow laws. You think you have an alien crime problem now? The simple, undeniable truth here: The United States provides a better opportunity for criminals too. The idea that they can be starved out is as ridiculous as it is callous.

okie wrote:
I don't think you realize even yet how much people are fed up with this problem. Also, in addition to my previous post, Tancredo talked with all the other candidates when he dropped out, and endorsed Romney because he thought he had the best stand on this issue.
Tancredo struck me, and those who think me, as a bigot and an idiot. I would consider his endorsement a negative.

okie wrote:
I am going to say something here I've not said before. I have a few trepidations here that Giuliani may be too hawkish for my liking. He is pretty much a one trick pony so far, a one issue man, terrorism, and we have alot of other problems too, and I don't want a president that feels like he has to prove something on that one issue just to be validated. It could lead to an overextension of the wise and prudent policy. I have supported the Iraq war, as Congress did, for all the reasons discussed at length, but I think we will be well served to back off a bit, carry a big stick, but use it very sparingly. This issue is one reason I am leary of Giuliani, so I don't consider it a strength of his necessarily.
Yes, I'm familiar with the party line on Rudy. But it makes no sense. The only way Iraq makes sense in a "war on terror" is if it is a starting point. Like minded Tyrants need to be convinced of the necessity to make changes or face the same fate as Saddam. Otherwise; it's all been for naught. What is accomplished by taking one criminal off the streets, if there is no disincentive to the dozens of others standing by? Nothing.

And one trick, my a$$. The improvements in NY's crime situation made Rudy world famous before 9-11 even took place. The integrity he shows by disagreeing with the party line on several subjects establishes him as his own man, unlike Romney and even McCain who both caved in on Roe. McCain has a long history of standing his ground on principle in most situations, however. What did Romney ever stand up for? Anything?

okie wrote:
Taxes2: We could exclude small farmers, but why not exclude any business, and differentiate business from investments? This is a very casual question, and I really would need to study this issue further. I have no real strong opinions on it now.
That's a fairer solution than what we have now. IMO, however, it is counterproductive to grant such a tremendous advantage to existing businesses (hand me down intact and tax-free), because this makes it that much more difficult for upstarts to provide competition… which is of course; the American way.

okie wrote:
Energy:The Romney-man-love comment wasn't needed. Yes, I am leaning to Romney now, but to be honest I haven't made up my mind. I could eventually vote for somebody else. I don't know any of these guys that well. I base my opinion now on the debates. He strikes me as the smartest, most balanced, and most energetic candidate that comes close to my views. So far.
The point of my joke was simply that you show an inexplicable preference for Romney on specific issues where I see no measurable difference in his positions. If you can't elucidate the difference, then what criterion establishes your preference? (I didn't really think it was man-love)

okie wrote:
Abortion: Why are you so hell bent on the right of women to kill their own offspring?
I'm not. I am hell bent on preserving what should be an irrevocable right of a woman to decide for herself what to do with her own body… be it marriage, sex or procreation. Conception is not birth. Did you know that 1 in 4 pregnancies naturally end in miscarriage anyway? Now if you buy into the "life begins at conception" concept of the far Right; doesn't that open up 25% of all failed pregnancies to possible charges of "conduct regardless of life"? What if she smokes, drinks or water skis? What if she fails to eat healthily? I don't like the idea of killing the unborn any more than the next guy; but I'll not see women enslaved to prevent it.

okie wrote:
What is it with the liberal mindset on this?
One need not be liberal to recognize a woman's right to self determination.
okie wrote:
The president has no authority anyway, beyond nominating judges to apply the current law or interpret the constitution as a Supreme Court justice.
Correct… which in my opinion is at the threshold of being too far right. One more too-Right judge and constitutional, fundamental, right of a woman to own her own body is liable to disappear.

The fact that people describe the practices of Islam, as it relates to women, as a cultural difference; disgusts me. The whole idea that a woman has less of a right to self determination than a man, anywhere on earth, is an abomination… and I'll be damned if I'll contribute to this obscene ongoing injustice right here in the land of the free.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 12:27 pm
OB,

A national sales tax would supposedly be enacted on the purchase end, correct? IE, you purchase a car, you pay national sales tax. Like the VAT in England.

How would a retiree's savings be exempted from this? How is the salesman supposed to differentiate from where the money comes from?

Just wondering; I can't figure out how those who have been saving tax-free are going to avoid paying taxes on those savings. I agree that there's an argument that could be made that they just have to suck it up. Political suicide to try and enact, though.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 12:48 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
OB,

A national sales tax would supposedly be enacted on the purchase end, correct? IE, you purchase a car, you pay national sales tax. Like the VAT in England.

How would a retiree's savings be exempted from this? How is the salesman supposed to differentiate from where the money comes from?

Just wondering; I can't figure out how those who have been saving tax-free are going to avoid paying taxes on those savings. I agree that there's an argument that could be made that they just have to suck it up. Political suicide to try and enact, though.

Cycloptichorn
For starters; I see nothing coincidental about Tax-free savings and the National debt. The government's window of opportunity to collect past due tax from retirees are quite limited. But no one wants to address that either.

To answer your question: The tax itself exempts no one, nor is it progressive in anyway. These modifiers would likely be implemented by way of refunds... in order to satisfy a burden of proof for eligibility.

Example: Low income family provides proof of low income in order to receive a sales tax refund.

A retiree, if the law is so written to exempt them, to any extent and with whatever qualifiers and modifiers, would simply apply for the refund the same way. Those not qualifying for refunds would need to fill out nothing.
0 Replies