Ear Candling

cjhsa

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:21 pm
Exactly, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 02:18 pm
I have no comment to the concept of setting ones ears afire. This could cause severe pain and the loos of ear tissue . Im gonna have to go with cj, (as much as I hate to agree with something hes come up with)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 06:19 pm
I have ear candled a number of times. Not for relaxation. I had lots of hard wax in my left ear and could not hear very much. It took several sessions to get it all out, but the end result was miraculous. I can hear normally now.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 06:30 pm
Never done it. My ex did it to people and believed it took wax out, but I never really asked her to do it to me.

I just stick a plunger to the side of my head and pull. That works pretty well.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 06:31 pm
I may be the only one here who's had her hair on fire (sterling silver butane lighter, a present..., and thank you, Jimmy A, for putting the fire out.) Damn, I so prefer not to have a flame near my ear, protected or not.

What GW's friends or associates went through is also unattractive to me.

Seems there must be other ways.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 06:35 pm
I'm with Osso.

Started a fire while welding once. Smelled really bad. Realized it was a hair fire.....mine Shocked
Needed a haircut anyway. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 06:42 pm
Check it out!!!!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS254US254&resnum=0&q=ear+candling&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

IT"S MADNESS!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 06:57 pm
One person's madness is another's therapy. You have to have a friend with a steady eye and hand, in a quiet room, with no possibility of distractions.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:00 pm
I'll try it on the cat first.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:01 pm
don't think i'd be able to relax with a burning stick sticking out of my ear...then again, i'm very protective of my ears, having had many ear infections and long needles stuck in to perforate the timpany.... sounds like a torture technique to me.... but then again, so does pedicure or massage from strangers. i can imagine it might feel great to normal people.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:01 pm
It feels good. Real good. Seriously.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:13 pm
i believe you. yet i won't go near it...many wonderful things in the world i will not try in my lifetime and it's ok. this will just be one of them.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:14 pm
littlek wrote:
EAR canding!!!!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 08:21 pm
The people who hate ear candling on these type threads are the ones who've never tried it. I don't mind that they don't want to do something. Just don't see why they get all excited and put down our wonderful experience so forcefully. There is global warming, the wars, and they go bananas over this. Smile
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 09:19 pm
littlek wrote:
Your supposed to but it in your ear.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 09:20 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
The people who hate ear candling on these type threads are the ones who've never tried it. I don't mind that they don't want to do something. Just don't see why they get all excited and put down our wonderful experience so forcefully. There is global warming, the wars, and they go bananas over this. Smile
I'm gonna try it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 10:18 pm
OK, you try your hair on fire, first.

Seriously, I explained my personal reason for not going there, EdgarB.
What's with the batting about people who won't try stuff and put things down forcefully?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 10:25 pm
as did i. i have a permanent hole in my timpany and experience with long needles being stuck into my ear canal.... i don't hate your ear candeling, and i believe it's pleasant. i'm just instinctively terrified of anything that approaches my ear. so, i will not cadle, but i will defend your ear candeling to my last dying breath.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 10:36 pm
I didn't say that about every single person on the thread. Also, I did a thread on the same subject a year or so back, and I was including some of them in my diatribe.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 10:44 pm
Where can I get the candles? I don't mean the internet I mean walk in and buy them.

If somthing happens I'll sue Ed.
0 Replies