Polyamorous?

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 05:41 pm
I have been presented with a "position" as a fullltime sub in a polyamorous family. I won't go into details but basically in exchange for serving a wealthy man and his two other women, I would be taken care of financially for the rest of my life. (the guy is 45 and VERY cute BTW) The home base is Dallas but they have vacation homes on both coasts.

As crazy as this sounds, I actually am considering it, at least to the extent that I am exchanging e-mails...at this point... they want to fly me out for a few days to "meet the family."

Would anyone else consider a polyamorous relationship?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,072 • Replies: 33
No top replies

aidan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 05:55 pm
What exactly does it entail? Is it just a communal living situation or are you expected to have relationships with all of the people involved? Do you have to like or pretend to like all the people involved? Do they all have to like you- or is the guy in charge and he just tells the other women that you're in because he might like you and he says so?

I don't really understand it fully - but it sounds like too many people and not enough privacy for my personality.
I need my space and alone time...I also don't think I'd be very good at sharing or participating in what would almost certainly turn into some very, very complicated group dynamics. Laughing
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 05:56 pm
No one with 9 months of recovery in AA would even consider this.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 06:00 pm
Re: Polyamorous?
Roxxxanne wrote:

Would anyone else consider a polyamorous relationship?

No.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 06:03 pm
Sounds like trouble with a big T.

On the other hand, that's my take on it and not an instruction to you. Concerned warning might be the better word.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:34 pm
Hey look, an offer to be taken care of financially for the rest of one's life deserves some consideration. Smile

Another option is the wealthy guy in Palm Desert but he is 71.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:37 pm
I'll offer you two cliches, Roxxxanne:

If it sounds too good to be true...

There's no such thing as a free lunch...

Seems like there's got to be an unpleasant catch somewhere. (I think the expression "serving" set off alarm bells.)
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:43 pm
aidan wrote:
What exactly does it entail? Is it just a communal living situation or are you expected to have relationships with all of the people involved? the latter

Quote:
Do you have to like or pretend to like all the people involved?
Most definitely like

Quote:
Do they all have to like you- or is the guy in charge and he just tells the other women that you're in because he might like you and he says so?

The guy is in charge and the women are submissive OTOH it appears though that there has to be chemistry among all the participants.

Quote:
I don't really understand it fully - but it sounds like too many people and not enough privacy for my personality.
I need my space and alone time...I also don't think I'd be very good at sharing or participating in what would almost certainly turn into some very, very complicated group dynamics. Laughing

I like the potential of having a male and female partners as I am bi and the financial part is intriguing.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:47 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
I'll offer you two cliches, Roxxxanne:

If it sounds too good to be true...

There's no such thing as a free lunch...

Seems like there's got to be an unpleasant catch somewhere. (I think the expression "serving" set off alarm bells.)

Everything is give and take, it's definitely not for most people. I just feel like it is an interesting proposal.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:59 pm
Well you'd obviously consider it, since you are. So what harm in flying down to check it out?

And I wouldn't want to live in that situation. Having multiple partners at once, yes, but not living in a house with a harem. Wait...mmm....no, not taking care of them financially.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 08:05 pm
This may work for some, but I'll agree with Sully that it would be a stretch in your AA stage, and say problematic in any case.

I'm not in AA, but I'm reasonably acquainted via associates, even have a teddy bear that says 'I love you', and then goes on about the ways having to do with various steps. My business partner got it out of the dumpster at one of her jobs in Bel Air, that brown bear along with a white monkey and a black (I forget). When she moved and cleaned out the office, I kept the bear.

I get you enjoy some outrageousness and trying on, and probably always will.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:53 pm
I would see no problem with it on one condition - that you always look after yourself first, no matter the financial rewards involved - because there is a definite risk that the guy won't treat your needs/values as highly as his, because you would be 'bought' (unfortunately I can't think of a kinder terminology)...meaning you could end up with money but no self esteem...but if you are prepared to look after yourself, and walk out if necessary, then I see no problem at all

(whether at some point, others in the relationship begin to see a problem, may be another matter)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 11:30 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
aidan wrote:
What exactly does it entail? Is it just a communal living situation or are you expected to have relationships with all of the people involved? the latter

Quote:
Most definitely like

Quote:
Do they all have to like you- or is the guy in charge and he just tells the other women that you're in because he might like you and he says so?

The guy is in charge and the women are submissive OTOH it appears though that there has to be chemistry among all the participants.

Quote:

I like the potential of having a male and female partners as I am bi and the financial part is intriguing.

How do you like the idea of being submissive???????
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:41 am
Re: Polyamorous?
[quote="Green Witch"][quote="Roxxxanne"]
Would anyone else consider a polyamorous relationship?[/quote]

No.[/quote]

I am with Green Witch here!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 07:36 am
The job sounds like it would get boring really fast.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 07:40 am
I'm familiar with polyamorous families but they're based on feelings not finances. This isn't a polyamorous situation, the guys buying a harem.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:38 pm
Chai wrote:
The job sounds like it would get boring really fast.

Not for me.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:41 pm
JPB wrote:
I'm familiar with polyamorous families but they're based on feelings not finances. This isn't a polyamorous situation, the guys buying a harem.

Who said it was the relationship was based on finances? You can't possibly make these judgments based on the little info that I provided.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:51 pm
dlowan wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
aidan wrote:

Quote:
Most definitely like

Quote:

Quote:

How do you like the idea of being submissive???????

Basically I am dominant with most people as my sexual energy and experience is much higher than the vast majority of people. In the hands of a true D howver, I could be very submissive and be happy.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:53 pm
Not I. Smile
0 Replies