Sobriety is Better than Surgery or any Cosmetic for Women

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 12:15 am
I have had a few AA women tell me that but I never thought it would expected results like this, I put my pic up on hotornot (just for fun) and was a 9.9 for awhile and now have settled into a firm 9.4 and am deluged with guys telling me how gorgeous I am and wanting to meet me (or at least meat me) Razz The reason I mention this, besides my penchant for braggadocio, is that one or two creeps here have attacked my appearance. A 9.4 for a 59 year old woman on Hot or Not is probably unprecedented and this photo is completely untouched except for cropping and resizing.

http://pix.hotornot.com/pics/HE/HY/HY/HL/SMSYGYRAFMTF.jpg

IRL (in real life) nine months sober, I have decided not to delve into any emotional relationships yet, which for me would be with a woman (I have a few friendly relationships that may be developing into something more than platonic but I am keeping it slow) so for now, I have a few boyfriends who entertain me and fulfill my physical needs.

As well, I am know looked on as a role model and a leader in the AA community, I am doing volunteer work, etc. I am going back to school as well. My part-time performing career is going well and I may get back into acting and comedy and well as the music. Life is good. If I had known it would be like this, I would have gotten sober sooner but I do not regret the past. I just live in the moment and am grateful for what I have.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,468 • Replies: 48
No top replies

aidan

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 06:55 am
Quote:
Sobriety is Better than Surgery or any Cosmetic for Women

I've also read that sleep (as in getting enough) seems to have a positive effect on women as they age. I can't remember where I read it, but this study said that women who sleep seven or eight hours a night can look up to ten years younger than women of the same age who sleep less.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 07:49 am
Right on Roxxy. Very Happy
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:06 am
You look happy and glow-y. Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:41 am
Good for you Roxxxane! I know what you mean about getting sober and would have done it before if you had known. But it took everything you did to get where you are with your sobriety. I wish you continued success!

You are 59? Shocked You go girl!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:46 am
You do look very good for your age, but the reason you're in the 9's is because your tits are hanging out.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:53 am
C'mon now Slappy.

They aren't hanging. They are standing to attention! Laughing

I like the outfit except I'd need more material for myself. Being not as bold, as Roxy.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 09:10 am
Congratulations on nine months sober. Looking forward to every day is a wonderful thing.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 09:19 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
You do look very good for your age, but the reason you're in the 9's is because your tits are hanging out.

Well the tits are only a couple of years old, likewise the hoo ha. Laughing
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 09:45 am
I like the other picture, the one near your posted name.

But tell me, why the need to exaggerate your bust?

It's over the top.

Provoacative!

Your story was great; the picture cheapens it.

Sorry, but it was just too much!
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 09:48 am
Oh . . . San Franciso . . . .

You're not a transvestite or cross dresser, are you?

That would explain the provocative.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 09:54 am
Quote:
But tell me, why the need to exaggerate your bust?

Woman have boobs.

Men like boobs.

In a (somewhat) male dominated world, a woman can use what she has at her disposal to gain attention. It always works.

Anytime I need something to happen, I'll be damned if I wear a shirt that completely covers my chest.

Sorry.... as sexist as it is, it works wonders.

Tits are power. Cool
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 11:47 am
LionTamerX wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Well the tits are only a couple of years old, likewise the hoo ha. Laughing

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5108/roflmaoyv8.gif
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 11:49 pm
I think the picture is nice. I Rox is doing quite well to find real substance to fill her self image and confidence instead of substance abuse. As always, I am impressed.

As for breasts, I've found women to talk about breasts on more frequent occasion than men. They might not go into detail as much, but it feels to me like breast draw much attention to women as well.

If you've got it, be proud.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 11:58 pm
You look awesome Rox and congrats on you sobriety!!! :-D
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 02:32 am
[quote="mushypancakes"]You look happy and glow-y. Smile[/quote]

Those were the words I was looking for!
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 12:29 pm
You can fool some of the people some of the time . . .

Have you done a 4th Step lately?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 05:26 pm
Bohne wrote:
[quote="mushypancakes"]You look happy and glow-y. Smile

Those were the words I was looking for![/color][/quote]

Glowing is right. Whew, thanks!

Whew! There sure are some highly disturbed men here (and everywhere)

The hotornot profile specifically states NO MEN! Women only. Yet I get at least ten guys a day wanting to meet me.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 05:28 pm
Montana wrote:
You look awesome Rox and congrats on you sobriety!!! :-D

Thanks. I am learning to love myself. In the past, attacks from sick men on an internet forum would bother me. Not anymore.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 05:29 pm
Thata girl :-D
0 Replies