Iowa doesn't matter

okie

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:25 pm
flaja wrote:

What has any of this do with Limbaugh's hypocrisy or his law-breaking activities? I gather that you favor legalization of all drugs.

No, drug legalization is a libertarian view, not conservative. And Limbaugh is not in favor of legalizing drugs either.
0 Replies

flaja

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 07:17 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
flaja wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Despite the all too prevalent opinion of Conservatives on A2K, we are not, at all, a majority of bible thumpers. Huckabee can tap into those who are, but they are his only entre to the conservative base.

Explain the conservative base. The Likes of Rush Limbaugh and National Review are libertarians, not conservatives.

Easily.

The conservative base consists of the following

1) Social Conservatives
2) Fiscal Conservatives
3) Foreign Policy Hawks

Not all of which are always one and the same. This tells me that there are no conservatives because there is not a consistent conservative base.
0 Replies

flaja

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 07:24 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Divorce is too readily sought as a solution to superficial concerns, but it should not be prohibited. Because someone leaves a marriage doesn't automatically make them a villain.

And if they abandon their children, thus depriving them of a functional family?

Quote:
I guess not.

Obviously.

Quote:
The effort to impeach Clinton was entirely politically motivated. It was unseemly and did not serve the country. [/color]

So it OK for an occupant of the White House to commit perjury?

Now you are arguing against deregulation?
[/quote]

When the result is something like the S&L crisis, yes. Government regulation is always OK when it is meant to compensate society for human greed.
0 Replies

flaja

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 07:27 am
okie wrote:
flaja wrote:

What has any of this do with Limbaugh's hypocrisy or his law-breaking activities? I gather that you favor legalization of all drugs.

No, drug legalization is a libertarian view, not conservative. And Limbaugh is not in favor of legalizing drugs either.

Limbaugh willfully violates drugs laws and then vehemently objects to being prosecuted. He acts as if drugs are legal, and he has no respect for the law. He sounds like a libertarian to me.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 07:28 am
It would be hard to find many who are 100% Libertarian. The question of the government's concerns with abortion alone would guarantee that.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 07:39 am
flaja wrote:
okie wrote:
flaja wrote:

Limbaugh willfully violates drugs laws and then vehemently objects to being prosecuted. He acts as if drugs are legal, and he has no respect for the law. He sounds like a libertarian to me.

I guess if "libertarian" means "criminal."

He sounds like every criminal. They violate the law then object to be prosecuted.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 10:22 pm
flyboy804 wrote:
It would be hard to find many who are 100% Libertarian. The question of the government's concerns with abortion alone would guarantee that.

I think even libertarians advocate a few laws that prohibit people from hurting others, such as murder and armed robbery. Their theory is if it doesn't hurt anyone else, according to their interpretation of course, there should be no law against it, thus they advocate legalization of drugs.

I don't know how they feel about abortion. I looked it up and it seems to be pro-choice, although they claim not to make a judgement but simply leave it to the individual. Hmmmm, I wonder if we did that with murder, what would happen? It seems to boil down to whether this culture believes the unborn have rights. They seem to have sometimes according to courts, but not at other times.
0 Replies

flaja

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 12:01 pm
okie wrote:
flyboy804 wrote:

I think even libertarians advocate a few laws that prohibit people from hurting others, such as murder and armed robbery. Their theory is if it doesn't hurt anyone else, according to their interpretation of course, there should be no law against it, thus they advocate legalization of drugs.

I don't know how they feel about abortion. I looked it up and it seems to be pro-choice, although they claim not to make a judgement but simply leave it to the individual. Hmmmm, I wonder if we did that with murder, what would happen? It seems to boil down to whether this culture believes the unborn have rights. They seem to have sometimes according to courts, but not at other times.

Define hurt. A company that makes a false claim about its product in order to gain market share hurts other companies with similar products, but libs don't see this as hurting anyone. As long as someone is making money, your average libertarian cannot accept that someone may be hurt in the process. A libertarian, like Limbaugh, who is using drugs cannot see that he has put an undue burden on society.
0 Replies