FraCtuReD FLicKs III - SPAM-O-RAMA May 2004

willow tl

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 03:18 pm
All About Eve of Destruction:

An aging stage actress is replaced by a younger version of herself in the form of a robot. Her friends never suspect a thing, until the robot starts killing everyone at a party where the same song is played over and over again. The robot is destroyed after being beaned with the "Sara Giddens" award..
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 03:22 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

kaylee8

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 04:06 pm
SOUTH OKLAHOMA`S STATE FAIR`S CAROUSEL
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 03:30 pm
2001: The Towering Inferno.

An alien artifact is discovered on the Moon. A spaceship is sent to Jupiter only to be hijacked by a paranoid computer named Al. He steers the ship back to Earth and crashes into two skyscrapers. However, Al is sorry after all the destruction and sings "Daisy" as he is dying.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 03:33 pm
A bit close to 9/ll, eh?
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 10:36 pm
Sorry. I was inspired while listening to the sham of the commission on 9/11.

The commission had a great chance to ask some real questions of Richard Clark, but instead they prevaricated around the issues. When Clark finally just came out and said that Bush undermined the war on terror by going into Iraq, everybody became deathly silent, and the subject was changed immediately. I guess if our government can make a mockery of 9/11, we can too.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 04:36 am
Much as there's nothing funny about 9/11, coluber, I tend to thoroughly agree with your last sentence. A further mockery, of course, is Bush's using 9/11 footage in his re-election campaign ads. Chutzpah.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 06:09 am
Lord of the Ringu

An unlikely band of hobbits, elves, dwarves and men go on a quest to destroy a seriously evil accesory. On the evening before their journey they watch a strange Japanese videotape, and then each member of the group starts dying under mysterious circumstances. Frodo had copied the tape to bring back to the shire, and miraculously survives to complete the task at hand. Middle Earth became inundated with copies of the tape after that and succumbed to it's power. Then DVD came along, and the people were cured of the curse.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 06:53 am
The Passion the Pit and the Pendulum

A Christ-like figure is tortured and cut open my a mean group of people...oh wait...crap...already been done...:-)
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:06 am
The Ugly American Beauty and the Beast.

The Ugly American + American Beauty + Beauty and the Beast.

A princely man under a spell is trapped in a beastly body. Nevertheless, he is made ambassador to a Far-Eastern Asian country in the early sixties. While there he has a homosexual affair which drives him psychotic with guilt, and he becomes homophobic.

He returns to America and moves to a subrub. His next door neighbor falls in love with a beautiful naked blonde schoolgirl covered with red rose petals. The psychotic beast mistakenly thinks his weird son is having a homosexual affair with the neighbor, and the beast murders the neighbor.

However, the disembodied mind of the neighbor survives and he tells the whole story in a voice over, so it's okay.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:34 am
Undercover Brother Bear

A grizzly with a kickin' Afro 'do fights The Man.

"I had no idea "Brick House" and "Play That Funky Music" were Disney compositions!" - Ebert

"Roger, you're just tragically hip." - Roeper
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 11:16 am
Well much as I agree with you coluber, politics is just one big joke and the late night comics have proven that. Anybody watching Jon Stewart just skewer Bush, Condelezza and Company on the Clark defection? He's the John Dean of the administration. Now that they've topped the dead count of 9/11, they're working on doubling it.
Doesn't make too much sense to me and I'm not laughing.

Anyway, back to the levity of the thread --- good ones, guys and gals!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:56 pm
NEW RULES (no this isn't Bill Maher) for FraCturReD FLicKs III

SPAM-O-RAMA has returned!

This new continuous game will be movie titles which add or substitute the word Spam.

"2001: A Spam Odyssey"

Follows the evolution of Spam from the primates chopping up a wild boar into little pieces with a huge mammoth shin bone to the discovery of a monolith on the moon which is a shrine to the food of the universe. After surviving on Spam all the way from Earth on a space liner, Heywooden Floyd visits the lunar site of the monolith when suddenly the piercing squishy sound of Spam being pulled out of a can causes him to put his hands over his nose. Years later, after HAL the computer goes schizo over the very mention of the word Spam (as any computer would), Bowman is thrown out into infinite space to end up having to dine on Spam for the rest of his life. He returns to Earth as a baby and pukes it all up in the upper atmosphere.

Ebert: I made a trip to the snack bar but found they didn't sell Spam.

Roeper: A travesty of anti-epicurean nonsense.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 08:13 pm
"Spamarella"

Jane Fonda plays a highly sexed up chick with a mission: Stop the New Romantic movement by defeating the evil Duran Duran wearing nothing but meat curtains, or shall we say, imitation meat curtains.
0 Replies

jeanbean

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 08:19 pm
What?
I was drinking Merlot, earlier this evening.
I don't know about FILM.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 08:25 pm
Sounds like a rather greasy epic, cav. I figure you can come up with some food films with some inventive ways to serve Spam. Oh, yuck, I made myself gag.

Merlot doesn't go with Spam anyway, jeanbean.
0 Replies

jeanbean

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 08:29 pm
Merlot doesn't go with spam?
I give up.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 08:36 pm
"Spamette's Feast"

A French maid working for an elderly couple in 1870's Denmark makes an elaborate meal using nothing but Spam.

Ebert - "It's true, dogs don't know it's not bacon."
Roeper - "You're taking this Atkins diet way too seriously."
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 03:06 am
Clarification request: are we speaking of Spam only in the gastronomical sense or are movie titles using spam (lower-case, in the cyber sense) also welcome on this thread?

(Not that I have any in mind at the moment.)
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 07:23 am
Be just as silly as you want -- the word, of course, means a dubious meat product in a can or it means garbage E mail. (Like I substituted it for "Odyssey" and it does have something to do with a computer -HAL, so I used it in the synopsis in both meanings). "I Remember Mama's Spam" would be a suggested title.
0 Replies