Getting old is not for sissies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:16 pm
Mame wrote:
Smile CI...Smile

I'm sure between a bunch of us we can decipher what we're all trying to say Smile

I look forward to seeing you again! Not much longer, hmmm?
i NEBER DTID
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:30 pm
okay, you got me, dys... what does DTID mean?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:43 pm
Mame wrote:
Smile CI...Smile

I'm sure between a bunch of us we can decipher what we're all trying to say Smile

I look forward to seeing you again! Not much longer, hmmm?

A little over one month, and we're all going to be in "paradise." I'm bringing my swimming trunks. Cool
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:47 pm
Mame wrote:
okay, you got me, dys... what does DTID mean?
"edit", are you a bimbo or somthin? geezes are you old or what?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 07:00 pm
Let me see - DTID

Dyslexia is The Bomb... no, that doesn't fit...

Dys thinks I'm Darling... oh, there we go! Ta da!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 07:09 pm
dys: i NEBER DTID

Translation: I never did the idit dude!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 09:28 pm
Quote:
I find that some of the stuff I write doesn't make any sense - even to me! It happens more frequently now, and I'm wondering when I'm going to have to stop posting on a2k. What a frightening thought!

welcome to the club :wink: Exclamation
perhaps we should form a special group within a2k ?
what would we call ourselves : "the challenged ones" or do we call ourselves proudly "the senior brigade " ?
my problem gets worse when i post in "deutsch anyone" or send an e-mail to german friends .
that's one of the reasons i usually don't use caps - or i use caps only .
i was never any good at typing and at least i now don't worrry about caps/no caps - got to make life easy Laughing
hbg
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 11:14 pm
Thanks sistahgrrl...eoe!!!

Let's squeeze every bit of bliss we can out of life, sweety!!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 11:55 pm
For a moment there, I thought you called her "sweaty" - where are my damn glasses?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 05:51 am
Mame wrote:
For a moment there, I thought you called her "sweaty" - where are my damn glasses?

I have gotten used to the fact that I wear glasses all the time. Have done so for many years, starting in my middle forties. Now my brother (the audiologist) is telling me that he thinks that I might be ready for a HEARING AID! Shocked

On the bright side..................Did you know that some of the hearing aid manufacturers are marketing to the baby boomer generation with aids that come in all sorts of cool colors, attempting for people to perceive them as a fashion accessory! Sad There are also gizmos that will work together with the hearing aid as a bluetooth with a phone or even an MP3 player. I am filled with complete ecstacy! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 06:06 am
Laughing at you Phoenix and your emoticons!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 06:13 am
Mame- How else am I going to have people understand me? Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 10:55 am
not having graduated to a hearing aid yet , phoenix makes me feel underpriviledged !
hbg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 11:52 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Mame wrote:

I have gotten used to the fact that I wear glasses all the time. Have done so for many years, starting in my middle forties. Now my brother (the audiologist) is telling me that he thinks that I might be ready for a HEARING AID! Shocked

On the bright side..................Did you know that some of the hearing aid manufacturers are marketing to the baby boomer generation with aids that come in all sorts of cool colors, attempting for people to perceive them as a fashion accessory! Sad There are also gizmos that will work together with the hearing aid as a bluetooth with a phone or even an MP3 player. I am filled with complete ecstacy! Rolling Eyes

Eyeglasses and hearing aids are long ago history for me!~
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 11:56 am
Check. Reading glasses this year and always saying, "What did you say?"

Thinning hair, forgetfulness...

Ack!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 12:02 pm
yeah. all of that here too.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 02:03 pm
Phoenix--

I went to an audiologist to have my hearing tested. He said I needed hearing aids--both ears--but the wax had to be removed first.

After the wax was gone....so was my hearing problem.

Rub your fingertips together just behind your ear. If you can hear the rustle from the fingerprint ridges rubbing together, you probably don't need hearing aids.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 02:57 pm
I can hear it if my fingers are touching the back of my ear, but no sound when not touching.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 03:09 pm
i can hear it when i rub two nickels together , does that count as a good test ?
also hear crumbling a $100 bill quite well ; do i need an ear trumpet ?
hbg

hbg sitting in his easy chair , supper being announced !
http://www.nzeldes.com/Miscellany/images/Ganot01.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 03:15 pm
hbg, Your hearing will improve dramatically if you rub two $1,000 bills together, and you won't need that horn.
0 Replies