my wonderful grams has passed away, i cant keep all her things, what to do?

genya1

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 07:32 am
my grams passed away feb. 2 this year, i have been going through her things, she has alot. i know what i want to keep but there is so much jewelery, and very old porcelin from poland etc. what is the best way to sell theese things i wish i could keep it all but i cant, and i dont have alot of time to do research, i have a disabled daughter i have to take care of and 2 other kids , and advise,help would be great. thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,901 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 08:11 am
@genya1,
There are a lot of things that we would need to know, before we could give you advice. Are your grandmother's things valuable? If so, call in an antiques dealer. You won't get anywhere near what it is worth, but you won't have to spend the time selling things individually.

Are you looking to make money from this, or just get rid of it? If the things are not terribly valuable, have a garage sale. If you have the time, and the inclination, you can put an ad in the paper for valuable items. The problem with that, IMO, is that you never know who is answering your ad. Then there is always e-bay.

When my mom died, I did a few things. I called in a dealer, who bought things that had some value. She had an old piano, which I sold to a piano store. The rest went to an estate sale company.
0 Replies

Caroline62

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 02:45 am
I agree with Phoenix, if I may add, if you just want to get rid some of your grams' possession, why not donate some of her things that can be of use for other people?
0 Replies