i want to do something for my grahma

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:58 pm
shes very old, and the only person in a household of 6 people who does any cleaning housework or cooking.

im pretty sure just doin dishes would make her feel great, but she always tells me to stop. (maybe its to counter feeling useless, should i insist? do them when shes not there?)

like im intruding on her offical duties.

what idea can yall give me?

anything, just something she would appreciate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,087 • Replies: 11
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:00 pm
i would ask her but i want it to be a suprise.

dinner is to easymode.

something that MEANS something.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:05 pm
Does she drive? Is there somewhere she would like to go but cant?

I used to take my gramma to the library. It was her favorite place and she didnt drive so it meant something. Not enough, of course. I was a self-centered teenager with a drivers license.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:06 pm
Let her know how much you appreciate everything she does.

From the heart.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:10 pm
Have a professional photographer take a portrait of the two of you together. She will appreciate it now and you will appreciate it when she is gone.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:12 pm
Chai wrote:
Let her know how much you appreciate everything she does.

From the heart.

When I worked at a nursing home, I once read a letter to one of the residents, from her grandson. He was probably in his late 20's.

It was a very simple letter, just about everyday things. At one point he wrote "Grandma, when I think back on all those potato pancakes you made for me, when you knew no one else liked them, I know how much you love me, and I love you."

Both of us started crying, it was just so sincere.

She said, as she wiped at her eyes with her dainty hanky "That boy surely loved those potato pancakes."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:13 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Have a professional photographer take a portrait of the two of you together. She will appreciate it now and you will appreciate it when she is gone.

that's a good one.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:36 pm
Take her out to dinner one night, just the two of you.

Kiss her on the cheek and give her a hug and say "Thanks" and "I love you" from time to time.

Say nice things about her to others in her hearing.

Find something special for her, like an album of a singer she likes or a book by an author she's mentioned.

The list is endless. Just think about her and be thoughtful.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:48 pm
thanks for the replies.

i am rather non-emotional so just doin something simple like that would probablly be the best thing in the world for me to do.
0 Replies

honitel

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:48 pm
@OGIONIK,
Making her feel that you pretty all sure appreciate everything she does always counts Wink Grandma is so special, right?
0 Replies

snmo4him

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 07:37 pm
@OGIONIK,
Ogionik,
You're so sweet dear. Doing something for your granda, for sure she'll be very pleased to that. It's Mother's Day today, I know you're preparing special for her! Don't you?
0 Replies

sharylahr

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 12:31 am
Why don't you give her a special treat? Like a surprise breakfast, lunch or dinner it doesn't matter as long as you make her feel special. There are times that we tend to feel awkward at times that we share sweet thoughts and gestures to our love ones but sometimes we need to. To lessen whatever they feel. Smile I hope it can help.
0 Replies