I am legend - Whos seen it? Discuss it here.

mrhunt

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 03:44 am
So I saw an advance Screener Of the new will smith Film I am legend and must say that its another Extremely Impressive Sci-fi Flick For mr Smith...

And It has one Of THE MOST heart breaking scenes for all you animal lovers out there...

overall there were a few small parts that i felt wernt full explained Enough But overall it was a visually EXCELENT and Creative movie....I dont wanna give away any spoilers here(is that okay To Do?)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,017 • Replies: 76
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 06:32 am
Let me guess. An animal gets eaten? OMG how awful.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:54 am
I plan to catch the DVD. Already, I have read the original novel and have watched a few movies based on it. This one promises to be the best version, from what I have seen on TV.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:59 am
I had planned to go and see it on Boxing Day with my mum but I really don't feel like being heart broken! That has put me off a bit.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 09:36 am
I'm not even a fan of Will Smith in particular, but this was one of the best films I've seen in years. I'd read the Matheson book and seen The Omega Man, as well, edgar.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 12:28 pm
I plan to see this flick tonight and I hope to GOD that mr. Smith doesn't do any attempts to cry. That man simply can't cry on tape. Please tell me I have nothing to worry about! Sad
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 01:09 pm
I Am Legend has been adapted to a feature-length film three times. The book has also been adapted into a graphic novel titled Richard Matheson's I Am Legend by Steve Niles and Elman Brown.

A nine-part reading of the Matheson novel performed by Angus McInnes was originally broadcast on BBC Radio 4 and is rebroadcast frequently on BBC Radio 7.

The Last Man on Earth
Main article: The Last Man on Earth (1964 film)
In 1964, Vincent Price starred as Dr. Robert Morgan (rather than "Neville") in The Last Man on Earth. (An Italian production, the original title was L'Ultimo Uomo Della Terra). Matheson wrote the screenplay for this adaptation, but later rewrites were changed because he did not wish his name to appear in the credits. As a result, Matheson is credited under the pseudonym "Logan Swanson." The film is the most faithful of all three film adaptations and adheres fairly closely to the book.

The Omega Man
Main article: The Omega Man
In 1971, a far different version appeared as The Omega Man, starring Charlton Heston (as Robert Neville) and Anthony Zerbe. Matheson had no influence on the screenplay for this film; it deviates from the novel's story in several ways, completely removing the vampirical elements.

I Am Legend
Main article: I Am Legend (film)
Will Smith stars in the film directed by Francis Lawrence, released on December 14, 2007
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 02:30 pm
Well...Will Smith SORTA Crys.....But Considering the Consequences (if your a dog lover) You'll probally Want to cry too.

besides,he More becomes a Very real beleivebal Sort of "Totally broken down,Suicidal,Psychotic" More than crying...

Also,Whats the Deal with the One Zombie they always showed that seemed like it was the zombie leader? I really expected will to have like a final showdown with that one guy...

ANd they never FULLY explained The thing with The doll in the street (One of the best parts of the movie IMO)....Did the zombies put him out there? and how could they of done that in the light? I didnt think they were smart enough to set up such elaberate Traps such as that and that they all just thought as animals?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 02:38 pm
mrhunt - you're sure giving away a lot of the movie, to those who haven't seen it, but...

They could have very well set up the mannekin during the night. They evidently were smart enough to learn, because the trap they set for Neville was just like the one he had set to catch one of them. As far as the "leader" zombie never having a confrontation one-on-one, I guess the producers of the movie decided it was something they just didn't want to do.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 06:32 pm
Wow.What a way to end my film-watching year! Very entertaining from start to finish although one guy in the audience voiced his disapproval.A blockbuster it isn't.There's a little bit more thought put into this compared to the usuall Hollywood offering.SFX overall were good,especially the empty streets of Manhattan Island,but the lead baddie reminded me too much of The Mummy.7 out of 10 in my book.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 06:43 pm
snood wrote:
As far as the "leader" zombie never having a confrontation one-on-one, I guess the producers of the movie decided it was something they just didn't want to do.

The "leader" zombie certainly wanted a one-on-one.Even though he had loadsa back-up,only he was trying to get to our hero in the glass cage.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 05:16 am
Went to see it yesterday and loved it. I thought he did a pretty good job of crying, especially the "please say hello to me..." bit.

In fact I want to watch it again already.

The only bit I wans't keen on was the Bob Marley bit - a little cringey don't ya think?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 05:17 am
Oh yeah and the bit where the dogs were waiting for the light to go out so they could attack......how come the zombie peoples didn't join in???
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 01:21 pm
Probably the best acting I can remember seeing from Will Smith ever. Good movie, 7/10 for me as well.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 01:24 pm
How did Anna and Ethan get into Manhattan? Weren't we led to believe that the military blew up the bridges and cut access to the city?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 02:08 pm
Good question.

I knew she was lying.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 02:38 pm
That BITCH! I never should have trusted her! It was all a lie...

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 03:17 pm
I just got back from seeing this movie, and I have to say, I liked Will Smith A LOT better in this movie than in his usual hollywood hero roles. Good action, good "monsters," and a lot of very suspenseful stuff. And not even one of those ludicrous hollywood catch phrases that is supposed to be funny, but instead makes the movie that much more insipid.

For instance, in Independence day, when they're fighting the aliens and he says, "I ain't heard no fat lady!" It's stupid **** like that that I hate, and was SO hoping they wouldn't do. I'm shocked and delighted to report that they actually had the restraint to leave that kind of idiocy out of it! Thank you, writers, directors, and producers! And none of that macho posturing bullshit either. For the most part it was actually a sensible movie with sensible, logical characters doing what you'd expect them to do in situations like that.

The end was a tiny bit more melodramatic then I thought it could have been, but other than that, a very good movie, and a very good performance by Will Smith.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 04:05 pm
I love zombies.

I shall have to go see it.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 03:23 am
As far as anna getting INTO the city...I think she was one of the people that Wasnt able to be evacuated in time and she was trapped in the city....Just as will smith stated at one point around 1% of the world population is immune to the virus And So She and her kid are probally immune......

And yeah,that dog and Light Closing part had me on the edge of my seat!!!!! God,So Fricking awsome!!!!!! that whole like 30 minute part was just INCREDIBLE to me! How he FLips out at the manaquin....Like,SOOOOOOO Freaky! Your the only dude left in new york and now manaquins are Just appearing in random spots?!? WTF!!!!!
0 Replies