I am legend - Whos seen it? Discuss it here.

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 02:21 pm
mrhunt wrote:
As far as anna getting INTO the city...I think she was one of the people that Wasnt able to be evacuated in time and she was trapped in the city....Just as will smith stated at one point around 1% of the world population is immune to the virus And So She and her kid are probally immune......

And yeah,that dog and Light Closing part had me on the edge of my seat!!!!! God,So Fricking awsome!!!!!! that whole like 30 minute part was just INCREDIBLE to me! How he FLips out at the manaquin....Like,SOOOOOOO Freaky! Your the only dude left in new york and now manaquins are Just appearing in random spots?!? WTF!!!!!

yeah! the whole bit when he get's caught upside down...I could hardly bear it....if I had been watching it at home on DVD I probably would have fast-forwarded it

Shocked

I thought the he was gonna regain consciousness to the sight of his beloved dog being eaten alive by zombie hounds.

Here's another thing that my friend who saw the film with me pointed out..

Why do none of the female zombie infected type peoples never have they're tits flapping about in the open? None of the male zombies have tops on so how come the women have all got raggedy vest tops on??? and bras too!

Laughing
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 03:07 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Why do none of the female zombie infected type peoples never have they're tits flapping about in the open? None of the male zombies have tops on so how come the women have all got raggedy vest tops on??? and bras too!
Laughing

It is a US flick (and PG at that). In Hollywood films bedsheets stick to certain parts of the body and underwear is surgically grafted onto humans. I bet none of the male zombies have chest hair either.

It is quite OK for kids to see blood spattered all over the screen, but the sight of one exposed boob would surely traumatise them for life. Laughing
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 03:28 am
I might go and see this film this week so I've tried not to read too many of the details you guys have supplied.....
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 03:41 am
Will smith is Super Gay but, the movie was very well done.

The ending really sucks though.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 04:26 am
jasonrest wrote:
Will smith is Super Gay but, the movie was very well done.

The ending really sucks though.

Quite.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 07:37 am
For what it is, the first 2/3's of the film is above average, but once the woman shows up in the final third and it tries to become theologically meaningful, it is a big bore.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 08:13 am
flyboy804 wrote:
For what it is, the first 2/3's of the film is above average, but once the woman shows up in the final third and it tries to become theologically meaningful, it is a big bore.

So So true.
Before she showed up I was completely captivated but soon after, the movie fell apart, and Will's gayness comes out.
and again, the ending sucked...
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 02:32 pm
Agreeing about the theological thing.

Will Smith's gayness? Missed that one.

Who cares anyways when he looks THAT GOOD. mmmmmmmmm
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 03:06 pm
I missed all the gayness too. I wish Jasonrest would explain to us what he means by gayness.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 08:34 pm
Missed that too.... thought it was just me....
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:43 pm
Well I will explain.....

You see when one sleeps with another of the same sex, it warrants the gay label......(((I just don't like him. I haven't found out why yet, so its convenient for me to just call him a fag.)))

I think it has to do with his type casting, he always plays the same role in every movie, similar to Denzel.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:25 pm
jasonrest wrote:
Well I will explain.....

You see when one sleeps with another of the same sex, it warrants the gay label......(((I just don't like him. I haven't found out why yet, so its convenient for me to just call him a fag.)))

I think it has to do with his type casting, he always plays the same role in every movie, similar to Denzel.

That's your explanation?

Denzel Washington doesn't just "play the same role" in every movie - (how could anyone see him in, say, Training Day, and say that was the same character as in John Q? - well, one way is if the person saying that was blind in one eye and couldn't see out of the other, and another is if they were just plain not very perceptive)

And although I don't like Will Smith per se, that much - how could anyone see the role he plays in I AM Legend, and say it is anything at all like the guy he portrays in Bad Boys?

If you don't like the actors, that's your prerogative. But make some goddam sense.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:00 am
I think I make perfect sense.
Denzel always plays the me against the world angle and its not his fault, its just what works for him and Hollywood eats it up and so do you apparently.

Mr. Smith always plays the bad ass, who injects that fresh prince humor at the right time. In fact this is the first movie where it wasn't as obvious.
IRobot was an exception as well.

BTW relax. I hate plenty of people for no reason, including me, and the newest member......you. jk.
Like you said it's my choice, so let's just leave it at that.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:01 am
snood wrote:
jasonrest wrote:
Well I will explain.....

That's your explanation?

Denzel Washington doesn't just "play the same role" in every movie - (how could anyone see him in, say, Training Day, and say that was the same character as in John Q? - well, one way is if the person saying that was blind in one eye and couldn't see out of the other, and another is if they were just plain not very perceptive)

And although I don't like Will Smith per se, that much - how could anyone see the role he plays in I AM Legend, and say it is anything at all like the guy he portrays in Bad Boys?

If you don't like the actors, that's your prerogative. But make some goddam sense.

BTW, you don't have to use quotes everytime!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 06:30 pm
Thanks, dude - I always relish the time-seasoned wisdom and advice about posting on this forum from those who have been here about long enough for a bathroom break.

And oh yeah - welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:41 pm
Not.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 12:56 am
I saw this movie last weekend. Great flick. I'm a fan of most of Will's stuff though; none of his movies are great but they are all entertaining.

One of my favorite movies all year.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 09:17 am
"Six Degrees of Separation" is his best film where he actually did play gay.
I think his sly, comedic affectations might be taken as gay but if someone wants to irresponsibly sling around the term "fag," they should get thee back to Yahoo chat.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 09:19 am
word
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 09:46 am
I really liked I Am Legend. Yeah, that animal scene broke my heart! But I have to say that was probably the best acting he did in that whole movie. I think Will Smith is a great actor but that scene? Brilliant I thought. I'm not much for the computer generated stuff but it didn't take away from the entertainment value of the movie. I watched the movie twice and picked up stuff I missed the first time. It was a great plotline I thought.

And Denzel Washington plays the same roles? I haven't read all the thread but I disagree completely. In Training Day and American Gangster he plays a coldhearted stone killer and does it almost too well for my taste! LOL

He was wonderful in John Q. I could actually feel his pain in that one. I haven't seen the Great Debaters yet but I have heard it is an excellent movie.
0 Replies