I am legend - Whos seen it? Discuss it here.

jasonrest

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 10:24 pm
exactly.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 10:31 pm
jasonrest wrote:
snood wrote:
Thanks, dude - I always relish the time-seasoned wisdom and advice about posting on this forum from those who have been here about long enough for a bathroom break.

And oh yeah - welcome to A2K.

Ahh yes you are a veteran member, I should "recognize" or maybe this is a forum just like any other, I join other forums just to meet different people but once again I apologize and will send you a PM requesting permission whenever I feel the need to post.

Get over yourself!

You can't send PMs - haven't been here long enough.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 11:11 pm
yes you're right, "jasonrest" can't send pm's. you got me.
Are we done.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 12:16 pm
jasonrest wrote:
Dorothy Parker wrote:
jasonrest wrote:
Well I will explain.....

You see when one sleeps with another of the same sex, it warrants the gay label......(((I just don't like him. I haven't found out why yet, so its convenient for me to just call him a fag.)))

p.s. Jasonrest - I don't care for your homophobia

Sorry, not homophobic but its quite convenient for you to say so, I understand. Just not a big fan of Mr. Smith and I refuse to explain it again.

Who but a homophobe would try to denigrate a person by calling him a "fag"?
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 12:32 pm
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 12:55 pm
jasonrest wrote:
yes you're right, "jasonrest" can't send pm's. you got me.
Are we done.

We? Buddy, you ain't special. If you post something, it can be replied to. If you don't post anything else in my direction and don't desire my feedback, I'll be more'n happy to leave your slaphappy self alone.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 01:14 pm
ok.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 01:28 pm
I agree with Squinney's take. And it was kind of poignant how the head zombie risked the light to save his loved one, and then at the end wouldn't give up in his attempt to get to her.

I think it could have been done more interestingly though- I don't know anything about this director- and maybe this is his thing and I'm not aware of that, but I was disappointed as it went on.
I thought the original premise was good-I enjoyed thinking about what it'd be like to be the only one left in an empty city at a standstill and having everything you could possibly need at your disposal except human contact.
I don't know how they could have worked it, but maybe it'd have been more interesting to me if there'd been some subtlety in terms of the infected people and who they became (instead of having them turn into just out and out monsters- that's when the movie pretty much lost me).

Watching the trailers at the screening I was at had me wondering why there's this sudden proliferation of all these movies that focus on some cataclysmic world event and the ensuing chaos. Is that what is on peoples' minds these days with global warming and the war? Maybe that's it- but I think there are only so many interesting ways to do the same story.

But I liked Will Smith as a scientist- I thought he was very believable. I always like him as a dad... I pretty much always like him though - that's why I went to see the movie. If the lead had been Brad Pitt- I'd have bypassed the whole thing.

(And Denzel is nothing less than a genius- that guy can play anything...)
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 01:32 pm
lol....yes yes I am the only that doesn't like Denzel got it.

But, you are on point, As I watched, I was entranced by the concept, which was hard for me to admit for reasons that I won't rehash but as the movie went along it sort of fell apart.

still watchable.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 01:39 pm
Do you really not like Denzel??!!! Laughing Laughing

That laugh- that overbite-how can you resist?

(I'm just kidding - to each his or her own).
I wasn't trying to rub anything in - I was just expressing my opinion.

And from his role in Glory to Training Day to Man on Fire to American Gangster- he's just evolved.

I think Will Smith has evolved too - although he's engaging because of his easygoing charm- Denzel has always had more depth in my opinion - even as a young actor.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 01:40 pm
aidan wrote:
Do you really not like Denzel??!!! Laughing Laughing

That laugh- that overbite-how can you resist?

(I'm just kidding - to each his or her own).
I wasn't trying to rub anything in - I was just expressing my opinion.

And from his role in Glory to Training Day to Man on Fire to American Gangster- he's just evolved.

I think Will Smith has evolved too - although he's engaging because of his easygoing charm- Denzel has always had more depth in my opinion - even as a young actor.

ok.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 05:54 pm
Speaking of Denzel, Laughing I watched the Great Debaters today. I thought it was a wonderful movie and extremely well done. In my opinion, another great performance by Denzel Washington.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 10:08 pm
Just got back from seeing this film. I didn't want the movie to be spoiled by reading this thread so just now caught up on everyone's take.

I really thought that Will Smith's character was going to inject himself with the cure and then let the zombies eat him. I had my hands up ready to cover my eyes!
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:23 am
So did you rate it then Martybarker?
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 04:50 am
Just taken the DVD out of the player.It had an alternate ending which I thought was much more appropriate to the story,involving the chief baddie,a "butterfly" and Will Smith.The original was too Hollywood and gung-ho with a sugar sweet ending.The alternate,for me,finished it off just right.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:53 am
I've seen the alternate ending too. It was on YouTube for a while, but Warner Bros. was pretty quick to have it removed.

I haven't read the book, but I'm told that the alternate ending is much closer to the book than the movie ending.
0 Replies

CoriCori

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 11:34 am
I haven't seen it, but I haven't heard good critics about it.
0 Replies