The 82nd Rainforest Thread ~

teenyboone

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 12:00 pm
danon5 wrote:
Thanks to you all for your well wishes for my Patti. It isn't easy seeing her go down almost daily.

Stradee and teeny, thanks for your comments and God bless you.

All clicked,

Another tree asmiling - saying 'No fire or bulldozer today!!'

Very Happy Very Happy

Praying for Patti. I feel so bad and sad. Asking for God's Blessings be upon her. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 12:05 pm
sumac wrote:
Morning all. No gardening here for a couple of days. Too cold, raw, and very occasionally, wet. Will go click now.

Well, it was a windy 28, this AM, now we're up to 39. Please pray for my sister. She was transferred to a Rehab center from St. Michaels, from triple bypass. She's in danger of losing her foot. Yesterday, she "escaped" from the Center and was sent back to St. Michaels. She was like a surrogate mother, to me and I can't believe her behavior. Rolling Eyes In any case, I'm all clicked!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 10:53 pm
Teeny, i'll be sure to light a candle and send healing prayers to your sis.
Sounds like she's had a rough time of it...first the bypass...then the docs telling her she may lose a foot! Good God! Poor lady.

Weathers cleared, and tomorrow begins landscape trimming. Sue, you've accomplished so much with your new home and garden ...resting sounds good for a few days. Smile

Dan, hope your Patty's faring better today and looking foward to Spring.

ehBeth, thanks for just being.

ul, where are you? Hope your sinus infections cleared and you're enjoying Spring recess from school.

To all wildclickers - good health and good evening.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 09:10 am
g'day all ~

Check out www.americanrivers.org for river restoration news.

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 05:22 pm
Stradee wrote:
g'day all ~

Check out www.americanrivers.org for river restoration news.

Stradee,
Just checked out American Rivers. Very good site, so i joined up.
Thanks for your kind words, also! All clicked for the day, too! :wink:
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 04:26 am
I joined the American Rivers site, also. This is crucial. WIll go click now.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 06:36 am
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 09:25 am
Glad you both joined! Very Happy

The State and national restoration info is excellent!

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 09:50 am
Class B Dealers Licensed by the USDA - United States

Random Dealers - not licensed

Pound seizures - Animals bought and sold to corporations for research

http://www.hsus.org/web-files/Dog/281x144_LCA_cage_group.jpg
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 10:31 am
sumac wrote:
I joined the American Rivers site, also. This is crucial. WIll go click now.

Girl,
I signed 4 petitions and my 10 daily clicks! Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by the actions of the big conglomerates and just when I feel I'm in no power to make a difference, I click for the rainforest, children, babyseals, pets in need, the ocean, primates, abused women, breast cancer, big cats and my daily action and I feel so good, that I take the time, to do it. Glad, I'm still able to do anything! Then, I have to put on my sunglasses! Cool
Now, I'm cool! :wink:
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 10:33 am
From AWI {Animal Welfare Institute} www.awionline.org

On July 27, 2007 the House passed the 2007 FARM Bill which included language sponsored by Representatives Steve Israel (D-NY) and Michael Doyle (D-PA) which would prevent Class B dealers and unlicensed individuals from selling dogs and cats to laboratories, and stray animals would be prevented from being sold for that purpose.

http://www.awionline.org/legislation/pet_safety/index.htm
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 10:51 am
Stradee wrote:
From AWI {Animal Welfare Institute} www.awionline.org

On July 27, 2007 the House passed the 2007 FARM Bill which included language sponsored by Representatives Steve Israel (D-NY) and Michael Doyle (D-PA) which would prevent Class B dealers and unlicensed individuals from selling dogs and cats to laboratories, and stray animals would be prevented from being sold for that purpose.

http://www.awionline.org/legislation/pet_safety/index.htm

Animals should be pets, not lab animals!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 11:05 am
Teeny, labs are concentration camps for animals.

Most if not all animal experiments are needless and unnecessary.

There are so many proven accurate alternative methods for testing, its a damned shame that companies, medical schools, and universities torture and kill millions of animals each year.

A good idea is researching charities. I give only to non animal testing foundations.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 11:22 am
Stradee wrote:
Teeny, labs are concentration camps for animals.

Most if not all animal experiments are needless and unnecessary.

There are so many proven accurate alternative methods for testing, its a damned shame that companies, medical schools, and universities torture and kill millions of animals each year.

A good idea is researching charities. I give only to non animal testing foundations.

As I become "greener", I have to re-train myself which charities to contribute to and belonging to Care2, is teaching me! Thanks! :wink:
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 04:28 pm
Your welcome, Teeny.

Glad you're on the wildclicker team! Very Happy

Laughing whoever wrote "Stradee Doesn't Like Politics" is correct!
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 04:37 pm
My two pups were stolen in SC for no good reason. Maybe to sell to companies such as these, maybe to hang from trees to strengthen the jaws of pit bulls, maybe to sell at flea markets, maybe to stake on a chain in the backyard to tell everyone (look at me, I have a dog!). No good reason. I looked for them for months and have cried inside for years.

Teeny, you are doing so good. Most days, signing petitions is all we can do. Some days, we can call representatives. But basically, we have no idea what works and what doesn't. We just do what we can do and hope to be pointed in the right direction.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 06:11 pm
You and your 300 friends have supported 2,878,165.5 square feet!
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 06:35 pm
ehBeth wrote:
You and your 300 friends have supported 2,878,165.5 square feet!

AHHHH! Thank You! Cool
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 06:40 pm
sue, what a lousy thing to have happened to your puppies!!!! Sad

Working to change laws for the animals can be frustrating at best {one step forward...} but we do have legislatures that truly care for the welfare of animals. It is so important to check senators voting records.

Industry does not relish change - huge profits are raked in from the abuse and expoitation of animals, humans, and the enviornment.

Our work is crucial.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 09:25 am
g'day wildclickers

0 Replies