5
   

Why Every Woman Should Carry a Gun

 
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 10:46 pm
Mame wrote:
Interesting that a police officer would have been cleaning a loaded gun... hmmm... Darwin Awards, anyone?

How do you shoot yourself removing a gun from a car?

Was the shooting instructor shot by someone else?


These stories are actual news in Houston. Another is of two would be burglers running for their lives and the next door neighbor blowing them away with rifle blasts to the back. He had 911 on the line as he shot. No charges so far.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 10:51 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Mame wrote:
Interesting that a police officer would have been cleaning a loaded gun... hmmm... Darwin Awards, anyone?

How do you shoot yourself removing a gun from a car?

Was the shooting instructor shot by someone else?


These stories are actual news in Houston. Another is of two would be burglers running for their lives and
the next door neighbor blowing them away with rifle blasts to the back.
He had 911 on the line as he shot.
No charges so far.

I guess the rest of us are safer and better off
for his efforts. We owe him gratitude.
David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 10:54 pm
Maybe the City of Houston
and State of Texas shud grant him tax relief
for a few years, in thanks for his estimable efforts.
David
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 10:55 pm
david, i wonder have you ever taken an MMPI or a mental health evaluation? I don't expect you to answer.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 10:57 pm
dyslexia wrote:
david, i wonder have you ever taken an MMPI
or a mental health evaluation? I don't expect you to answer.

I 'd always answer U, dys.
0 Replies
 
Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 10:59 pm
Dave, dave, dave.....

Yer out there a bit again, dude...
0 Replies
 
CalamityJane
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 11:04 pm
As a woman, I never would carry a gun, and I never would want
one in my house either.

I have a brain, I have a spine and I have guts! That's plenty sufficient!
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 11:06 pm
Rockhead wrote:
Dave, dave, dave.....

Yer out there a bit again, dude...

Well, WE ARE, right ?

How many crimes will thay NOT be able to commit,
as a result of our Houston friend 's ministrations ?

How many DVD recorders will thay NOT be able to steal ?

At least have the decency to send him a thank u note, with a few $$.
( What wud Emily Post or Dorothy Manners say ? )

David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 11:09 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
As a woman, I never would carry a gun, and I never would want
one in my house either.

I have a brain, I have a spine and I have guts! That's plenty sufficient!

Yeah; maybe Sharon Tate wud agree with u, right ?
Plenty sufficient.
0 Replies
 
Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 11:10 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Rockhead wrote:
Dave, dave, dave.....

Yer out there a bit again, dude...

Well, WE ARE, right ?

How many crimes will thay NOT be able to commit,
as a result of our Houston friend 's ministrations ?

How many DVD recorders will thay NOT be able to steal ?

At least have the decency to send him a thank u note, with a few $$.
( What wud Emily Post or Dorothy Manners say ? )

David


Dave, just a wild ass guess, but I would bet you've not read miss manners...

RH Cool
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 11:15 pm
Rockhead wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Rockhead wrote:
Dave, dave, dave.....

Yer out there a bit again, dude...

Well, WE ARE, right ?

How many crimes will thay NOT be able to commit,
as a result of our Houston friend 's ministrations ?

How many DVD recorders will thay NOT be able to steal ?

At least have the decency to send him a thank u note, with a few $$.
( What wud Emily Post or Dorothy Manners say ? )

David


Dave, just a wild ass guess, but I would bet you've not read miss manners...

RH Cool

I wud consult her advice
on thank u notes under such circumstances
and how much cash u shud send.
David
0 Replies
 
CalamityJane
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 11:22 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
As a woman, I never would carry a gun, and I never would want
one in my house either.

I have a brain, I have a spine and I have guts! That's plenty sufficient!

Yeah; maybe Sharon Tate wud agree with u, right ?
Plenty sufficient.


What kind of an answer is that? Having 10+ people burst into your
home and ready to kill you, then no gun in the world is going to save
you. Besides, Sharon Tate was stabbed to death, not gunned down.
0 Replies
 
Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 11:22 pm
She could improve your game, Dave....

CJ, don't feed the bears....
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 11:29 pm
There was a lady in Florida, Susan Gonzales, who feared n detested guns.
She requested her husband not to have any guns in their house,
especially with their children there. One night, 2 criminals broke down their front door.
They entered her home, shot Mrs. Gonzales twice, and shot her husband
as he lay in his bed. Franticly, she scrambled to get the OBJECT OF ABHORENCE:
her husband's 9 shot .22 caliber revolver.

She grabbed it up and killed one of the criminals.
The other one fled, after she shot him too.
Altho it is possible that the criminals might have allowed Mrs. Gonzales' children to live
(if they did not care that the children'd complain to the police and testify against them in court)
Mrs. G was not willing to confide the lives of her children to the discretion of the men
who just shot both of their parents.

We need to understand that this attack was STOPPED
by the presence of an UNLOCKED gun in the home.
Without it, the murders of the parents and children probably would have contined
until all the children were dead.
That gun was the INSTRUMENT OF LIFE for the Gonzales family.

After hospitalization, the Gonzaleses recovered from their wounds.
She became a public speaker in support of the right to keep and bear arms,
and takes her .38 Taurus revolver everywhere with her.

Wise is he who learns from his mistakes,
but wiser is he who learns from the mistakes of others.
0 Replies
 
vikorr
 
  1  
Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 04:40 am
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/071800/met_3568307.html

Here's an article I found about that incident.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 05:30 am
CalamityJane wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
As a woman, I never would carry a gun, and I never would want
one in my house either.

I have a brain, I have a spine and I have guts! That's plenty sufficient!

Yeah; maybe Sharon Tate wud agree with u, right ?
Plenty sufficient.


What kind of an answer is that?
Having 10+ people burst into your
home and ready to kill you,
then no gun in the world is going to save you.

So my semi-automatic M-1 Carbines with 30-round magazines
wud not be appropriate ??
Please explain.

In actual fact, as soon as violent resistance were encountered,
thay 'd flee the scene; thay 'd literally run for their lives, en mass

Even assuming a worst case scenario,
wherein thay persisted in their murderous home invasion,
in the face of defensive gunfire: do u deny
that it is better to kill some of them,
and injure others,
before thay kill u ?
( see my post concerning Susan Gonzales' defense of her home
from 2 attempted murderers, after thay shot her and her husband,
set forth hereinabove; comment on that ?
)

Quote:
Besides, Sharon Tate was stabbed to death, not gunned down.

Sharon cud have advised the Manson Gang:
" Don 't take a knife to a gun fight ! " for future reference,
as she blazed away on them.
Don 't u think ?

( She cud 've made a movie about that, after surviving.
Call it the " Manson Movie ", but surviving is important; it shud not be underrated. )
David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 05:42 am
vikorr wrote:
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/071800/met_3568307.html

Here's an article I found about that incident.

Thank u, Vic.
I had not seen that article.

What do u think of her experience ?
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 06:06 am
The toddler pulled the gun out of his mother's purse and blew out the guts of his sister.
0 Replies
 
cjhsa
 
  1  
Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 07:15 am
Edgar, they must not let you out in public in Texas. Laughing!!!
0 Replies
 
vikorr
 
  1  
Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 12:43 pm
Quote:
Thank u, Vic.
I had not seen that article.

What do u think of her experience ?


I think it is lucky she had a gun, and as a separate issue, that she is unfortunately (for her) an easily frightened woman.

As I've previously said, the US has different circumstances than Australia, and I am neither for nor against gun control there...hmmm, let me rephrase that - I am neither for nor against a person in the US possessing a firearm, but at the very least, should they have one, I think it should be registered and the type of firearm limited (eg no automatic /assault rifles/silencers etc)

It is my opinion that the US would have to go through a lot of pain & death over a long period in order to have proper gun control (it would have to be nationally, and it may not even be over there with the number of firearms already present)...so the question arises if it's even worthwhile attempting to have proper gun control.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Drumsticks - Discussion by H2O MAN
nobody respects an oath breaker - Discussion by gungasnake
Marksmanship - Discussion by H2O MAN
Kids and Guns by the Numbers - Discussion by jcboy
CO gun-grabbers go down in flames in recall - Discussion by gungasnake
Personal Defense Weapons (PDW) - Discussion by H2O MAN
Self defense with a gun - Discussion by H2O MAN
It's a sellers market - Discussion by H2O MAN
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/22/2019 at 11:08:00