No idea but he's full of it eh? Smile
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:16 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Intrepid wrote to cjhsa:
Quote:
You are pretty loose with calling people names.
But, of course that is how you react when you have nothing but stupid things to say.

(colour emphasis David's)

Quote:
This is how Intrepid proves that HE does not call people names.
David

David,
You should really read carefully before you post a reply to someone that replied to another poster.
You should note that I did not call cjhsa any name at all.
I called what he said stupid. THAT IS FALSE. THAT IS NOT WHAT U SAID.
You claim to be a lawyer and a MENSA member....
YOU should know the difference.

Your response is not well reasoned.

I ratify and reassert my original comment.
If u say of a man ( as u did ) that he has nothing but stupid things to say,
then you are denouncing n defaming his mind.

Your words mean that his mind is empty
of all but stupid things.

Your effort to make a distinction
reaches an unsuccessful degree of futility, Intrepid.

David

It is rather stupid, on your part, to suppose to know what anybody means by turning their words around to suit your own idiotic thoughts. When you learn to forumulate a coherent sentence with words that don't look like they were put together by a five year old I might be able to take you seriously.

BTW...I didn't say cjhsa has nothing but stupid things to say. I said what he said, in that instance, was stupid. You however, I could make an exception for.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 08:33 am
At this point I think Int's sense of logic has been flushed. Stir that pot kid.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 08:42 am
Since this thread is about women being armed. Could one of you list the importance of gun safety please?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:07 am
TTH wrote:
Since this thread is about women being armed. Could one of you list the importance of gun safety please?

http://www.nracentral.com/gun_safety_rules.php
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:14 am
That was quick and thank you! Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:39 am
But for protection it is wise to keep the gun loaded at all times.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 05:32 pm
True; it can be embarrassing to have to ask the bad guy to wait
while u load it up.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:01 pm
Intrepid wrote:
You are pretty loose with calling people names. But, of course that is how you react when you have nothing but stupid things to say. It is no wonder that you live in fear in your little corner with your big, bad guns. Grow up.

Someone attacking you and someone stealing from you are two entirely different things. Even you should be able to see that. But, unfortunately, you are too stuck in your gun nut world to see that.

Once again, Intrepid, we disagree. The plain fact is that when someone enters your house while you're asleep, and knowing you are present is probably a very dangerous person, indeed. Not suggesting you shoot him from ambush; also not suggesting you let him have the first shot just to be sure he's serious. You have every right to assume his intent just from his presence in your home.

Anyway, as TTH mentions, the thread is about women and guns, though it does tend to wander. I really believe that a woman alone, in a house that someone has entered by force has a much greater chance of being assaulted and abused than a man. They, and we, have every right to assume and defend against the worst.

Really, a burgler gives up much of the expectation of civilized behavior when he puts a pry bar to your back door.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:04 pm
Once again, Roger. We agree.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 08:07 pm
roger wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
You are pretty loose with calling people names. But, of course that is how you react when you have nothing but stupid things to say. It is no wonder that you live in fear in your little corner with your big, bad guns. Grow up.

Someone attacking you and someone stealing from you are two entirely different things. Even you should be able to see that. But, unfortunately, you are too stuck in your gun nut world to see that.

Once again, Intrepid, we disagree. The plain fact is that when someone enters your house while you're asleep, and knowing you are present is probably a very dangerous person, indeed. Not suggesting you shoot him from ambush; also not suggesting you let him have the first shot just to be sure he's serious. You have every right to assume his intent just from his presence in your home.

Anyway, as TTH mentions, the thread is about women and guns, though it does tend to wander. I really believe that a woman alone, in a house that someone has entered by force has a much greater chance of being assaulted and abused than a man. They, and we, have every right to assume and defend against the worst.

Really, a burgler gives up much of the expectation of civilized behavior when he puts a pry bar to your back door.

Well and succinctly said.
However, I suggest that her life is best protected
by killing him from ambush, if possible.

It is a very successful -- optimal-- military tactic,
with much to recommend it.

In such circumstances, it is literally a matter of life n death.

David
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 08:56 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Once again, Roger. We agree.

That was an appropriate, not to mention, hilarious answer. Thanks. I needed the laugh today.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:26 pm
roger wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Yup, I agree Roger. No matter what the intentions are, someone breaks into your home, it wouldn't really be wise to start a conversation with the person to find out why they are in your home that was locked up tight before they decided to pry open a window and make themselves at home.

Anyone who breaks into anyones home, regarless of their reasons, is taking a chance of getting killed and they're aware of this when they're breaking that window or busting down your door.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:28 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:
roger wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Well and succinctly said.
However, I suggest that her life is best protected
by killing him from ambush, if possible.

It is a very successful -- optimal-- military tactic,
with much to recommend it.

In such circumstances, it is literally a matter of life n death.

David

I agree David.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:03 pm
I guess it's like the burgler who uses your ladder to enter your home and falls and breaks his legs and sues you for damages. It should be considered a workplace hazard.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 10:06 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 09:19 am
Hey M, check out this bad boy.

http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF003&gid=FNG001&mid=FNM0004
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 09:42 am
Here's a big selling point for Glocks. They're almost impossible to even force to misfire.

http://splodetv.com/33-rounds-underwater
TTH

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 10:02 am
Nice looking gun Cool....I'll stick with my revolver though.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 11:05 am
That's cool cj, but I'm kinda stuck on the ladysmith.
0 Replies