Other Food

squinney

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 02:54 pm
Caribou was suggesting that you keep your writings in the the correct threads. By talking about your other thread (Mariot) here, you are taking away from the topic of this one (You and Coffee Girl).

On the other hand, I think others missed that what you were doing by posting about the other thread here was asking for help from your new Aunties in explaining to Asherman for you that you do not want him to re-write your story. Critique is good, but don't re-write the whole thing or change major elements.

I will check your other thread and respond there. I like your style better, from the way you described it above. I recently read a John Grisham novel that was WAY too simple and easy to quess the ending. I prefer stories that paint a mental picture and draw me in as your style does.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 02:56 pm
Oh, check the bottom of page 8. JPB has a question about the cake...

And, will get us back on track.
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 05:11 pm
Leaka, I think I'd like to try to make this cake. Can you help me a bit more, please? I've edited your previous post to include the extra directions you've given but there are still a couple ???

Leaka wrote:
Actually I have half the Greek Cranberry cake here. I have the ingredients.

1 Egg
2 cups of flour
1 cup of cranberries
optional* any kinda nut
{edited to add baking powder}
1 cup of Greek Yogurt

Mix first 5 ingredients and transfer to a baking pan (I'm guessing loaf or 9 X 9 square baker ???)

Bake 25 minutes at ??? (I'm guessing 350)

Remove loaf from pan and allow to cool or leave in square pan to cool. Poke holes in both ends of a loaf cake through to the center and fill with yogurt using a piping bag. Alternatively, poke 9 - 12 holes into the top of the square pan and fill with yogurt using a piping bag. Cut squares (9X9) or slices (loaf)

How's that?

Yes thats correct JPB.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 09:17 am
Do you use whole cranberries or dried? Craisins might be good for extra sweetness.
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 11:46 am
Any cranberries would be good?
Whole ones make it bitter so then when you have the yogurt is bitter sweet.
But you can use the craisins as well.
0 Replies