My Baby is Trying to Kill Me

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 08:15 am
Ok, not really but I swear I will be at deaths door soon if things don't improve at my house.

Ade has an ear infection STILL that won't go away. It's been almost a month and we have her on super antibiotics. On top of this, she has a cold and is snotty and stuffy and a cough that racks her little body every time. Crying or Very sad

So being sick, she doesn't sleep. Or eat. Or want to do anything except be miserable. She slept better last night because we started the new antibiotics on Monday but still getting up every 2 hours.

On top of all this....we switched her formula because the doctor thinks she is sensitive to lactose which is making her gassy and making her spit up. A gassy baby is no fun. So we agreed to switch. First day on new formula. Oy. Wishing daycare the best.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,276 • Replies: 14
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 08:17 am
Wishing YOU the best.

Sozlet didn't start the whole Epic Illness thing until she started preschool, but she did get sick occasionally as a baby and it was so not fun.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 08:23 am
They take her at day care when she's sick?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 08:49 am
I'm guessing that was a sarcastic wish for daycare.

Hang in there, Bella. Is there anyone who can come and help out? Your mom, maybe? Just so that you can get some sleep, which you need to try to keep from sick yourself. Is there any medicine, aside from the anti-biotics, that you can give her to help her rest? I'm thinking baby decongestants. It seems like there was one when my son was a baby called pedia-something that was safe for babies.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 09:12 am
I was gonna post Stewie from Family Guy, but most of it is really disturbing.

Here's a funny one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jNk57uHGw
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 09:14 am
(((((((((Bella + baby))))))))))
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 09:40 am
Pediacare. That's the one I was thinking of.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 09:57 am
Have you tried SHAKING your baby?

That's what my mother used to do to me, and look how I turned out!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 11:18 am
And it goes downhill from here...

Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 12:08 pm
You're discovering the natural law of parenthood. Your baby's job is to try to kill you. Your job is to collect tidbits of her life that you can publicly parade to all those who will listen when she's a teenager to embarrass the crap out of her. Eventually you will both come to an agreement. She will stop trying to kill you if you stop embarrassing her. Don't fight it -- it's the law.

I hope she feels better soon, Bella.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 02:44 pm
They take them at daycare provided they don't have a fever. Common colds are accepted because, well, you'd never be able to work again if you couldn't take your baby to daycare with a cold.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 03:18 pm
Bella--

Don't worry. Baby Bella will get the sleep she needs, even if you run a little short this winter.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 04:50 pm
Formula babies start off with weaker immune systems, it's common for them to get more colds and ear infections. One of my clients has run a day care for almost 20 years and she has seen it all. She's had people come in with kids that are throwing up as they walk in the door and babies with high fevers. She keeps sick kids in a separate room with a separate worker, separate changing area, separate toys etc. She has the sick room scrubbed down daily. I don't know if it works, but i think it couldn't hurt. Like you mention, people need to bring their babies to day care if they expect to keep their jobs. Maybe your daycare needs a quarantine area.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 05:03 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Have you tried SHAKING your baby?

That's what my mother used to do to me, and look how I turned out!

That's just sick. Physically assaulting an infant.

Bella, I hope you haven't heeded to Garg's advice yet. If you haven't, ignore it and take mine.

Scream it your baby. Nothing kicks the immune system in infants into overdrive like a good ol' fashioned tounge lashing.
0 Replies

shootingstars

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 06:53 pm
I disagree with the fact about formula babies. It may be a statistic, but not true of every child. I was unable to nurse, and my son was lactose intolerant. He actually has had less colds and ear infections than most kids.

We did end up with stomach flu once, which was miserable. I had to use an eye dropper to get any liquid into him. Sick children are never fun. But I promise, you will get used to what your baby needs when sick.
0 Replies