Armed Security Guard Prevents Slaughter

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 08:09 pm
Apparently the potential was there, had this latest thing taken place at some sort of a pinko/dem "gun-free zone(TM)", for mass slaughter. The one guard prevented it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1937631/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1937633/posts

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2007/1210/20071210__Assam~p1_200.jpg

Quote:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Jeanne Assam appeared before the news media for the first time Monday and said she "did not think for a minute to run away" when a gunman entered the New Life Church in Colorado Springs and started shooting.

There was applause as Assam went before reporters and TV cameras saying "God guided me and protected me."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,454 • Replies: 37
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 09:15 pm
I can't get past the fact that a Church has guards...including armed guards. Is this only a U.S. thing?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 09:52 pm
Intrepid wrote:
I can't get past the fact that a Church has guards...including armed guards. Is this only a U.S. thing?

Churches have to do something to keep the poor out.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 09:56 pm
parados wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

I'm glad that I don't go to one of those Churches.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 10:08 pm
parados wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

We allow the poor into our church at will. What we DO require the guards to keep out is people with ugly babies.

http://www.able2know.org/forums/images/avatars/4987667544282af218b2a4.jpg
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 01:32 am
gungasnake wrote:
parados wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

We allow the poor into our church at will. What we DO require the guards to keep out is people with ugly babies.

http://www.able2know.org/forums/images/avatars/4987667544282af218b2a4.jpg

And people with guns.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 01:40 am
Yeah, we couldn't bring our guns to church way back when.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 10:17 am
Montana wrote:

The real question is, do you allow people with ugly babies in your church?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 10:28 am
Intrepid wrote:

Well, there are a lot of rabid anti-religious whackos out there. Turning the other cheek isn't always the answer and the congregation there was lucky she was there and prepared.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 10:30 am
Re: Armed Security Guard Prevents Slaughter
gungasnake wrote:
Apparently the potential was there, had this latest thing taken place at some sort of a pinko/dem "gun-free zone(TM)", for mass slaughter. The one guard prevented it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1937631/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1937633/posts

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2007/1210/20071210__Assam~p1_200.jpg

Quote:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Jeanne Assam appeared before the news media for the first time Monday and said she "did not think for a minute to run away" when a gunman entered the New Life Church in Colorado Springs and started shooting.

There was applause as Assam went before reporters and TV cameras saying "God guided me and protected me."

the real blessing here is that gunga got another opportunity to use the words pinko and demokkrat.... hew doesn't give a **** about people who may or may not have been killed in church...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:18 am
Denver's ABC Channel Seven web site (and the Freeper story seeems to have been lifted wholesale from that site), Miss Assam is a member of the congregation. According to the pastor, there are several members of the congregation who are security officers, and who volunteered to guard the church after a shooting nearby at Arvada, Colorado, at a missionary training school.

This article from the same source quotes the Chief of Police in Arvada stating that the weapon used in both shootings has been forensically linked.

So, Intrepid, in answer to your question, i would say that no, it is not common for churches to have armed security officers. It appears that the incident in which Miss Assam shot the shooter arose because the church took precautions, with volunteers from the congregation, in response to the earlier incident.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:19 am
By the way, Miss Assam is a former police officer, and is licensed to carry a handgun. Which is not at all a basis for claiming that society would be safer if every yahoo with the price of a gun was carrying at all times.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:26 am
McGentrix wrote:
Well, there are a lot of rabid anti-religious whackos out there. Turning the other cheek isn't always the answer and the congregation there was lucky she was there and prepared.

From the second article which i linked:

Quote:
Murray, 24, was home-schooled by his family and raised in what a friend said was a deeply religious Christian household. Murray's father is a neurologist and a prominent multiple-sclerosis researcher.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:31 am
Gunga himself, it seems to me, would make a great rent-a-cop. Limited intellect, Napoleon complex, Die-Hard-oriented daydreams--the prerequisites are there. I can seem him now, muttering to himself in the cold outside Target.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:38 am
gungasnake wrote:
Montana wrote:

The real question is, do you allow people with ugly babies in your church?

With open arms! It gives the people with pretty babies bragging rights ;-)

Bear, I'm not one to correct people spelling, but you forgot a K.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:49 am
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Quote:
Murray, 24, was home-schooled by his family and raised in what a friend said was a deeply religious Christian household. Murray's father is a neurologist and a prominent multiple-sclerosis researcher.

Also from your article:

Quote:
Earlier Monday, a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity said it appeared Murray "hated Christians."
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:49 am
Quote:
Source
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:53 am
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Quote:

Also from your article:

Quote:
Earlier Monday, a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity said it appeared Murray "hated Christians."

Anonymous quotes = useless

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:55 am
McGentrix wrote:
Quote:

Yes, an unnamed police officer claims that it appeared that he hated Christians. Leaving aside the issue of the basis of that officer's speculation--given Murray's background, one does wonder if it were not the fault of Christians that Murray hated Christians, given that he was home schooled in a "deeply religious Christian household." If you read the second article in detail, a much more detailed picture of the shooter and his family emerges--including his former association with the missionary training center, and his brother's attendance at a Colorado religious college, from which he transferred to Oral Roberts University.

One of the police officers commented that Murray had left the missionary training center two years ago, and another said it was three years ago, and both said he had sent threatening e-mail to the missionary training center. However, the spokesperson for the missionary training center stated that he had left five years ago, and that there had been no communications with him since that time. It is, of course, possible that the spokesperson for the missionary training center is incorrect, and we would never, ever want to question what has been said by a police officer who is unwilling to identify him- or herself.

No matter how you slice it, if this boy hated Christians, the greatest probability is that it were the product of a "deeply religious Christian" background.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 12:00 pm
Silly me, it must have been one of those legion of atheists who go door to door passing out anti-religious tracts who seduced the boy from the path of true Christian enlightenment, and turned him into a killing machine.

Yeah . . . yeah . . . that's it . . . atheist missionaries . . .
0 Replies