Armed Security Guard Prevents Slaughter

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 12:02 pm
Setanta wrote:
Silly me, it must have been one of those legion of atheists who go door to door passing out anti-religious tracts who seduced the boy from the path of true Christian enlightenment, and turned him into a killing machine.

Yeah . . . yeah . . . that's it . . . atheist missionaries . . .

or military recruiters Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 12:04 pm
[shudder]Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo . . . [/shudder]
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 12:40 pm
My church has always taken this issue seriously.

http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/46feabba2f365.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 01:08 pm
In other churches besides St Peter/Rome they are only armed with a stick like here (or not at all, like in the most cathedrals around here)

http://i12.tinypic.com/6o0hu2q.jpg

They are called "Church Swiss" ('Kirchenschweiz[t]zer'), btw.
(In 17th and 18th century, the wardens in rich private houses were called 'Suisse' in Germany.)
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 01:17 pm
I had no idea there were Swiss Guards anywhere but St. Peter's.

At St. Pat's we only have Charlie the usher.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 01:43 pm
George wrote:
I had no idea there were Swiss Guards anywhere but St. Peter's.

In Germany, nearly all cathedrals and bigger churches (= with lots of tourists) have them - not Swiss nationals, but just called 'church Swiss' according to those in Rome. (Often some retired persons.)

Oh, and in Switzerland, they are called "Kirchenweibel" (church sergeant would be the closest translation)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 02:13 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Anonymous quotes = useless

Cycloptichorn

Really?

Can I quote you on that?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 02:27 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Anonymous quotes = useless

Cycloptichorn

Really?

Can I quote you on that?

Anonymously.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 09:17 pm
Basic simple reality is that this case is an absolute disproof of the entire case which the gun control freaks try to make.

Simple question here:

Suppose you felt like attending a prayer service, possibly with your spouse and children, and your choices were this church or whatever passes for a chapel at Virginia Tech University, which would it be?

Which would you feel safer in? Which would you feel better about having your spouse and children at?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 09:39 pm
you really are a piece of work.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 09:41 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Basic simple reality is that this case is an absolute disproof of the entire case which the gun control freaks try to make.

Simple question here:

Suppose you felt like attending a prayer service, possibly with your spouse and children, and your choices were this church or whatever passes for a chapel at Virginia Tech University, which would it be?

Which would you feel safer in? Which would you feel better about having your spouse and children at?

Um, the VT one. It didn't get attacked, after all.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 09:47 pm
were I to decide to attend a prayer service I would go to the church where I felt most comfortable without a thought of getting shot and slaughtered..... because I'm not a paranoid obsessive ass hole.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 09:48 pm
not like I'm suggesting anyone on this forum is...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 10:20 pm
Then again, GIVEN that the whole thing with pinkos and libtards and what not with or without their gun-control contingent is about control and not guns, the other obvious question is:

After the guns are all gone and/or under "control", what's the next thing they'd want to control or ban. Sex? Too many people who pay taxes and vote are into that, not too likely.

What about teenagers kissing?? Think they couldn't outlaw or ban that??

http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=1935372007

Quote:

Children caught kissing face jail
ALLAN HALL IN BERLIN

GERMANY is poised to bring in a draconian law tomorrow that will effectively outlaw kissing and cuddling between children under 17 in public places. ...

That would be a first step of course; kissing in PRIVATE places (i.e. kissing inside buildings, cars etc. ) would come up on the agenda next.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 01:00 am
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 01:24 am
there ya go... self regulation... just think if that guy hadn't had a gun he couldn't have killed himself for killing those other people...maybe gunga is right......
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:35 am
Forgive me; I have been a bit under the weather and still not feeling quite right, but did the woman kill the shooter or did the killer shoot himself? (read something about it; but its kinda vague for me right now)

I just couldn't imagine in a lifetime going to church with armed guards. But then again; I truly do go to an old small white church in the woods on a hill with a population of about 45 on a good day. We have them on every street around here. In the towns; the churches are bigger; they might some day have armed gaurds; but I haven't heard of any of them having them now. What a world we live in.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:43 am
revel wrote:
Forgive me; I have been a bit under the weather and still not feeling quite right, but did the woman kill the shooter or did the killer shoot himself? (read something about it; but its kinda vague for me right now)

I just couldn't imagine in a lifetime going to church with armed guards. But then again; I truly do go to an old small white church in the woods on a hill with a population of about 45 on a good day. We have them on every street around here. In the towns; the churches are bigger; they might some day have armed gaurds; but I haven't heard of any of them having them now. What a world we live in.

I live in the DC region and do almost all of my hunting with bows and arrows; I'd have to drive almost 200 miles to the nearest halfway reasonable place to hunt with firearms. I don't carry guns around and the one place I normally go where I'd be tempted to i.e. Baltimore, it would be a major crime.

Nonetheless I am assuming all of that could change very quickly. Several years back we had two slammites pretty much shut the entire region down for two or three weeks on a shooting spree with a rifle which could as easily have been a flintlock given the way they were using it, i.e. one shot and then scoot, and you have to wonder what happens when AQ and CAIR finally break bad and go for it and you have several thousand people like that out there thinking they have a hunting license for ordinary Americans.

That's aside from pure lunatics like the shooter in the church of course.

And the only thing that gun control laws do is make life easier for people like Muhammed and Malvo and the lunatics, and harder for ordinary people.
0 Replies