My Ex

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 01:48 pm
Hi Everyone

I recently had reason to contact my ex girlfriend (we have known each other for over 3 years) I thought they maybe a glimmer of hope we could get back together, however she told me she has met someone else and is "very happy".

I must admit it took the wind out of my sails, we had been split up for 6 months.

Any thoughts on this one?

Best Wish's

Dartplayer
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 801 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 01:55 pm
Bad things happen when walking forward, while looking backward...

RH
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 05:33 pm
YOU SAID -
"we had been split up for 6 months."

Ye Gads, what took you so long?
What have you been doing for the last 6 months? Did you think she was on ice?
Apparently she went on with her life and got her needs filled.

Ever hear of "He who hesitates . . . .?"

Seriously, accept that she has moved on.

After that, make a list of her attributes you found appealing and then go out and see if you can find another person who can fulfill them for you.

PS And be more attentive next time!!
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 05:37 pm
Dartplayer,

You left out a lot of details. Who ended this relationship? Had you known each other for 3 years and then started dating or had you been together those three years?

I think the emotions you are feeling are normal. You have a history with this person. Hopefully something you can look back as a positive part of your life.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 06:49 pm
In September, dartplayer told us

Quote:
Hi Everyone

I hope this posting finds you all well! I am single and have just recently meet a very attractive blonde blue eyed lady who is a widow. Her husband died 2 years ago. We have engaging conversations (her husband comes up in the conversation) and both end up wondering where the time has gone. I think the world of her and my gut feeling tells me this is the girl for me, as I love to listen and she loves to talk and we are of similar age

How should I handle the situation?

Yours faithfully

Dartplayer

Dartplayer - she may well have moved on when she discovered you'd moved on.

In any case, it is best that you accept that she is happy and that you need to keep on looking around.

Sullyfish had some good advice for you.
0 Replies

Dartplayer

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 05:33 pm
My Ex
Hi Everyone

Thanks for posting the replys. In June of last year my ex asked me to give her some space for a month and would contact me. She never did. In October I sent her mum a birthday card enclosing two photos of her and her daughter. Her mothers phones me. Thanks me for the card and photos and then said that her daughter had photos of my dad and would post them back to me. I never got them so I went to see my ex (she works as a checkout assistant at a supermarket) as soon as I saw her all the feelings I had for her came to the surface.
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 05:59 pm
I bet!! (You had feelings . . . ) What happened!!!

Are you saying you never got "closure" on this relationship? She left and never got in contact with you again? And you have been hanging all this time? Ye gads, man, you need to let the steam out of this one . . .

Can you ask her out for coffee and ask her what happened - just so you don't repeat the same thing with the next gal you date?

Then be on your way.

There's lots of missing details here . . . .
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 06:00 pm
The 'I need some space' statement is almost always a prelude to separation (and occasionally to hedging your bets both ways).

The fact that she didn't contact you says a lot.

Hard as it may be - it's time to move on.
0 Replies

Dartplayer

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 04:29 pm
Hi Sullyfish66

Yes I am saying I never got closure on this relationship and yes she left and never got in contact again. I have not been hanging around all this time.

I did try to ask her out for coffee however she did not accept the offer. In fact she said she had got back with an exboyfriend. Christmas came and went and today she phone to say that she had met a boyfriend from 11 years ago and the chemistry came back between them.

To say I feel a little raw would be an understatement however I have been polite and wished her well saying I would not stand between them. Its certainly brought my true feelings for her to the surface,which are I put her first and love her still. But then its reinforced the belief I have about myself that I am a romantic at heart
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:02 pm
Quote:
Its certainly brought my true feelings for her to the surface,which are I put her first and love her still.

Dart, are your feelings as important as any other persons? (ie. hers)?

Do you not have a right to respect and honesty?

Quote:
But then its reinforced the belief I have about myself that I am a romantic at heart

I used to think this of myself also, until I realised that until I treat my own feelings and needs as the absolute equal of anyone elses (and theirs of min), then I could never be truly happy. Now, even though it may cause an argument, or initial hurt, I find it better to voice my own needs, my own thoughts etc...and deal with any arising issues in a way that understands both her needs AND my needs in equal measure. If this cannot in the end be achieved, then for me, it's time to move on.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:43 am
Re: My Ex
[quote="Dartplayer"]Any thoughts on this one? [/quote]

Life goes on...
0 Replies